Bickley and other media calling for Kliff to be gone.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we would have drafted Cee Cee Lamb, who Murray wanted us to draft as well as myself, rather than Simmons we would be in the playoffs easily and have a far better future. Murray only had one reliable reciever all year, Hopkins. Kirk dropped at least two potentially game winning catches in the last Month. IMO he is way overrated. Lamb would have been fantastic for the future of our team as well.

If we would have drafted Lamb or Jefferson, the conversation about firing KK would not be happening.

Draft the best receiver available or RB this off season.

Drop Fitz, Peterson and Drake or at least sign them for far less than they made this season. None of them performed up to what they were paid.
I wanted Wirfs, but agree that you add Lamb and we're in the playoffs.

Kudos to Jerry Sullivan for saying Jefferson was a beast though.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wanted Wirfs, but agree that you add Lamb and we're in the playoffs.

Kudos to Jerry Sullivan for saying Jefferson was a beast though.
Yea wirfs is a beast. .... he would have helped vs donald.....

Hopefully cards are smart at drafting oline this yr no more cole type

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we would have drafted Cee Cee Lamb, who Murray wanted us to draft as well as myself, rather than Simmons we would be in the playoffs easily and have a far better future. Murray only had one reliable reciever all year, Hopkins. Kirk dropped at least two potentially game winning catches in the last Month. IMO he is way overrated. Lamb would have been fantastic for the future of our team as well.

If we would have drafted Lamb or Jefferson, the conversation about firing KK would not be happening.

Draft the best receiver available or RB this off season.

Drop Fitz, Peterson and Drake or at least sign them for far less than they made this season. None of them performed up to what they were paid.

I love Simmonts, but I believe this 100 percent

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I still have faith in simmons hope if cards get a new dc he is more well trained

It highlights the incompetency of the FO and coaching.

These clowns drafted him and never had a utilization plan? And even if you dont have a plan, Simmons is way to talented to have sitting on the bench 70 percent of the time.

This is not a professionally run organization.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2020 vs 2019

2020: Pts for: 410 (13) – yards: 6153 (6)

2019: Pts for: 361 (16) – yards: 5467 (21)

2020: Pts against: 367 (12) – yards: 5631 (13)

2019: Pts against: 442 (28) – yards: 6432 (32)

2020: +43
2019: -81

WHY this coaching staff gets another year!

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Because you cannot keep fire coaches every other year lol.

Just like you can't draft QB's in back to back years? If you were in charge, Rosen would still be QB. lol.

As stated earlier, they are "stuck" with him.

You can state it 100 times, but it doesn't make it true. They aren't stuck with him - they actually can fire him! It'll mean some cost to the Bidwills, but that's the penalty for choosing a terrible GM and terrible coaches.

He clearly has lapses in judgement.

Agreed!

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just like you can't draft QB's in back to back years? If you were in charge, Rosen would still be QB. lol.

You can state it 100 times, but it doesn't make it true. They aren't stuck with him - they actually can fire him! It'll mean some cost to the Bidwills, but that's the penalty for choosing a terrible GM and terrible coaches.

Agreed!

I'm on the Cleveland Browns pre 2020 site, right?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Is Riley different than Kliff? Same system, same background, same inexperience.

I think Riley's experience shows he's capable of winning more games than he loses...and there's still an unknown reason, why Murray said no to Kliff, twice, in college.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2020 vs 2019

2020: Pts for: 410 (13) – yards: 6153 (6)

2019: Pts for: 361 (16) – yards: 5467 (21)

2020: Pts against: 367 (12) – yards: 5631 (13)

2019: Pts against: 442 (28) – yards: 6432 (32)

2020: +43
2019: -81

WHY this coaching staff gets another year!
Distorted numbers.

KK and VJ failed at critical times when we really needed them.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Distorted numbers.

The numbers are the numbers...they aren't distorted. You can, however, have your argument about situational football, lack of discipline, etc. I think any new coach, Kliff included, is able to be so much better, when they aren't calling plays and can actually just manage the game. Whenever we saw the dumb timeout issues, you'd see it was because Kliff is on the sidelines looking at the play sheet. Him trying to manage the game is impacted by trying to get/stay in a play call rhythm and his play calling is suffering when trying to manage the game.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Distorted numbers.

Sure, sure... but there is a propensity by the naysayers to simply ignore numbers that address ACTUAL improvement. I'm much more disappointed by the offensive situational shortcomings than defensive. VJ dealt with the loss of CJ and a "D" line rotation that was decimated during the season and the injury based ins-and-outs of "D" backs. Give me the 2020 starting lineup going into 2021; a draft and a few additional adjustments, and I believe we'll be hard-out for anyone in 2021.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
The numbers are the numbers...they aren't distorted. You can, however, have your argument about situational football, lack of discipline, etc. I think any new coach, Kliff included, is able to be so much better, when they aren't calling plays and can actually just manage the game. Whenever we saw the dumb timeout issues, you'd see it was because Kliff is on the sidelines looking at the play sheet. Him trying to manage the game is impacted by trying to get/stay in a play call rhythm and his play calling is suffering when trying to manage the game.

Let’s hire a college coach with zero NFL experience and make him HC, OC/play caller and QB Coach. I mean give the guy a chance and take a little weight off of his shoulders.
Keim and Bidwill are clueless

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Let’s hire a college coach with zero NFL experience and make him HC, OC/play caller and QB Coach. I mean give the guy a chance and take a little weight off of his shoulders.
Keim and Bidwill are morons.

Exactly. I mean, it's why they basically told him who his DC was going to be, because they didn't want him worrying about defense, just offense...but there is still so much more to it than that. Also, I think he get's so wrapped up in his play sheet, trying to figure out what to call, because he still has almost no feel for the NFL game. Even when the offense finally gets into a rhythm, something dumb usually happens and they have to try and bail themselves out.

If I were Keim and Bidwill, I'd sit Kliff down and warn him to stop calling 50% of his plays behind the LOS. Tell him, for every swing pass or WR read/screen that loses yards, he owes them 50 pushups. Need to treat him like Willie Mays Hays.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

The numbers aren't equal though. We played a really easy schedule this year and played some teams with bad defenses. If we played the 2019 schedule again I think we'd see improvement but not differentials that large.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

Have you ever seen Clements on the sideline talking to Murray during a game? I’m not being snarky with my response I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it. I have a hard time believing that Kingsbury who’s been stalking Murray since Pop Warner has turned over Murray’s development to Tom Clements.

I know Guernsey that and a couple of bucks will get me a cup of coffee.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The horrific truth about the decision not only to start Strevler but why was he even the backup QB in the first place.

He wasn’t even a star in the CFL. He wasn’t even GOOD OR MEDIOCRE. In fact, he was so bad that he got benched right before their playoffs started. How bad does a QB have to be to get benched right before your team gets to the playoffs?!

“Strevler spent the past two seasons in the CFL and … played pretty terribly. He entered the 2019 season as the backup for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, but was forced into action after an injury to starter Matt Nichols. Streveler threw eight touchdowns and 14 interceptions, finishing second in the league in interceptions and leading the league in interception rate. Ahead of the playoffs, the Bombers benched Streveler in favor of former Cincinnati starter Zach Collaros—and ended up winning the CFL’s championship, the Grey Cup, with Collaros under center and Streveler coming in primarily for running packages. (He had three passes and nine carries in the Grey Cup win.)

While the CFL used to be a breeding ground for potential NFL quarterbacks, like Warren Moon, Joe Theismann, and Doug Flutie, the Canadian game hasn’t been a consistent feeder to the NFL for decades. Streveler became the first former CFL quarterback to record statistics in an NFL game since Jeff Garcia retired in 2009. I like watching the CFL, and think it’s really valuable as its own unique product, but I have to wonder: How the hell did the Cardinals scout the CFL and decide the most NFL-ready passer in the entire league was the guy who threw twice as many picks as touchdowns? Did they just see the pictures of him shirtless at the championship parade and think he was the league’s MVP and not a backup?”

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/...iladelphia-washington-cleveland-derrick-henry

read the above and tell me any decision makers on this team deserve another year of our time and frustration.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson