BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I dont want to put this out there but Book may have the kardashian curse
I canot't help but feel that a sports star who hangs out with celebrities who
are famous for being famous is missing what you gain by being with people
of substance. In other words, you are whom you hang out with. I thought
he has more intelligence than that.

Does Devin want to become a basketball great or a celebrity?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I’m not positive the Suns wouldn’t improve by moving CamJohnson to the starting lineup in lieu of Booker. Let Booker be the microwave scorer off the bench. Dead serious.
DBook, as any player in his situation, wouldn't be a bench
player, he'd be gone if he were demoted to the second unit.

Are you serious that you're serious? Seriously? :shrug:

A coach is managing people, not robots.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
To clarify, I never said Booker should move to the bench. I also very clearly never said it should happen now.

I said I’m not sure our team wouldn’t be better with CamJ starting in lieu of Booker. Booker would still play 25+ mpg, but he just wouldn’t share the floor with CP3 as much. All of early lineup stats bear out that our starting unit has been less productive than our bench units. Some, not all, of that has to do with our relative bench strength. Some, not all, of that has to do with Booker’s poor play and the doubly bad effects his bad play has on taking the ball out of Paul’s far more capable (thus far with this team and this system) hands.
If the rationale is that Booker would be better not sharing the floor with Chris Paul,
it would be playing right into Monty's one big mistake of "Point Booker".

Neutralizing a near-All Star Shooting Guard by substituting minutes as a sub-par
backup Point Guard is destroying both Guard positions. It makes no sense!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I canot't help but feel that a sports star who hangs out with celebrities who
are famous for being famous is missing what you gain by being with people
of substance. In other words, you are whom you hang out with. I thought
he has more intelligence than that.

Does Devin want to become a basketball great or a celebrity?
He is 24, single and that girl is well, hot AND loaded (with money). It's pretty intriguing for a young multi-millionaire to be able to date a girl who he knows is not after his money.

Does that shed a little more light? Yes. Its a distraction.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is 24, single and that girl is well, hot AND loaded (with money). It's pretty intriguing for a young multi-millionaire to be able to date a girl who he knows is not after his money.

one of my friends ex-GFs was VERY close to the Kardashians because of work. Judging from what she’s said about ALL of them, you’ve got something broken in your head if you CHOOSE to be with any one of them.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
one of my friends ex-GFs was VERY close to the Kardashians because of work. Judging from what she’s said about ALL of them, you’ve got something broken in your head if you CHOOSE to be with any one of them.
Or young and . . .

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Booker weren't trying on defense, and playing pretty well on that end, and he had more single digit scoring games then a Kardashian curse might make sense but he's just playing down to earth after looking like an MVP candidate in the bubble.

Look at the game logs for last season, pre bubble, and you'll see he's really not that off this year outside of his high turnover numbers. Those will come down, just like Mikal's 3 point percentage will go down.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is nothing is wrong with Booker. He plays his heart out. Even played the entire second half against Clippers. If anything he is pushing too hard. They are simply not there physically and mentally as a team. It takes time to build chemistry.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
There is nothing is wrong with Booker. He plays his heart out. Even played the entire second half against Clippers. If anything he is pushing too hard. They are simply not there physically and mentally as a team. It takes time to build chemistry.

Agreed. Book is still a young kid who is dealing with a new situation- playing on an actual quality NBA team with a player who may actually be at the same level or maybe even better (Paul.) It will take a while to figure it out. He is not forcing anything, he is playing the right way. There is nothing wrong with Booker, and there is nothing to be concerned about.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. Book is still a young kid who is dealing with a new situation- playing on an actual quality NBA team with a player who may actually be at the same level or maybe even better (Paul.) It will take a while to figure it out. He is not forcing anything, he is playing the right way. There is nothing wrong with Booker, and there is nothing to be concerned about.
I think Book is trying to buy into Monty's defensive philosophy. If you watch him play right now he is working REALLY hard on defense. However, that work on D takes a toll on your wind. He looks a bit fatigued on offense and seems to be sloppy.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Not really! Being a "Karsashian" is lowering yourself to their collective
level of intelligence. Famous for being famous . . . and not much else.

I would have thought that Devin has more intelligence than that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt there is a guy here who hasn't dated a girl he shouldn't have, for various reasons. I won't judge Booker for something we're all guilty of. She's not a criminal and hasn't done anything truly despicable so it shouldn't be an issue.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Kendall Jenner is one of the most highly paid models in the world. She has a legit modeling career and works for almost all of the name brands of everything. There might be weird things about the family but she is not just famous for being famous any more than any other of the top models have been.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Kendall Jenner is one of the most highly paid models in the world. She has a legit modeling career and works for almost all of the name brands of everything. There might be weird things about the family but she is not just famous for being famous any more than any other of the top models have been.
As you said, Devin has aligned himself with a weird family (of publicity seekers).

I guess, being that they are all celebrities, as well as Devin, it all comes down to
the pubic's opinions. I've stated mine.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Chicks eyes are too far apart, sorry i dont think she's all that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose