Pick 16

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
hmm.
17. ARIZONA CARDINALS: T SAM COSMI, TEXAS

While D.J. Humphries and Kelvin Beachum have been more than serviceable for Arizona this season, adding a developmental tackle like Cosmi in the first round is good process when considering positional value and the fact that he could be the best player available at No. 17. One of the better athletes at his position, the 6-foot-7, 309-pound Cosmi has earned 82.0-plus PFF pass-blocking grades in all three of his years at Texas. He also earned a 90.5 PFF grade in 2020 and could very well kick inside early in his NFL career if Arizona re-signs Beachum (31).
2021 NFL Mock Draft: Justin Fields to Atlanta, Jaylen Waddle to Philadelphia, first-round WR to Green Bay | NFL Draft | PFF

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hmm.
17. ARIZONA CARDINALS: T SAM COSMI, TEXAS

While D.J. Humphries and Kelvin Beachum have been more than serviceable for Arizona this season, adding a developmental tackle like Cosmi in the first round is good process when considering positional value and the fact that he could be the best player available at No. 17. One of the better athletes at his position, the 6-foot-7, 309-pound Cosmi has earned 82.0-plus PFF pass-blocking grades in all three of his years at Texas. He also earned a 90.5 PFF grade in 2020 and could very well kick inside early in his NFL career if Arizona re-signs Beachum (31).
2021 NFL Mock Draft: Justin Fields to Atlanta, Jaylen Waddle to Philadelphia, first-round WR to Green Bay | NFL Draft | PFF
Dumb since Cosmi wouldn’t be able to slide to Guard.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
at #16, the team has a shot at the 2nd best corner -- which still might be darn good-

Caleb Farley, VaTech
Patrick Surtain, ALA

if you can fill a premier position, you do it

if gone, then i want to trade back multiple times and accumulate 2nd / 3rd round picks.

I agree on the interior OL, and think it was the offenses' biggest limiting factor in the back half of the year.

You can find starting guards in the 2nd and 3rd round. WR depth is good here too

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
at #16, the team has a shot at the 2nd best corner -- which still might be darn good-

Caleb Farley, VaTech
Patrick Surtain, ALA

if gone, then i want to trade back multiple times and accumulate 2nd / 3rd round picks.

I agree on the interior OL, and think it was the offenses' biggest limiting factor in the back half of the year.

You can find starting guards in the 2nd and 3rd round. WR depth is good here too
And you can find the great ones in the 1st round.

football karma

Reaction score
And you can find the great ones in the 1st round.
it doesnt feel like there are great ones this year-

no Quentin Nelson, Markice Pouncy, Zach Martin etc in this draft

football karma

Reaction score
Wyatt Davis, Rashawn Slater, Alijah Vera-Tucker, etc.

We shouldn’t settle for “starting” Guards. We need great ones. We need to be great in the trenches.

those are bottom of the 1st / 2nd round prospects

im not against drafting them, i just dont see them as worthy of #16

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would not be shocked if Keim traded pick. His job on the line & don't think he or Kliff got time to wait for rookie to develop considering expectations from fanbase after this season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wyatt & Rashawn are definitely not bottom of the 1st round prospects lol hell we’ll be lucky if either fall to us at #16.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tbh I have not watched college football this year. If Pitts falls to 16th, is that a must pick?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Depending on how much stock you put to Daniel Jerimiah's opinion, but he has Slater and Sewell at the top of the o-line class.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Caleb Farley, VaTech
Patrick Surtain, ALA

You can find starting CBs in rounds 2 and 3 as well. Protecting Kyler is priority 1. IF next year doesn't work everything is getting blown up so the CBs you draft may not even fit the new coach's scheme.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At 16 I would like Jaycee Horn, he can match up with every receivers and has lenght
About free agency.
DO u like Jason Verret? is scheduled to be a free agent
He played great against dhopkins and yesterday he limited Metcalf to just 3 catches and 21 yards

football karma

Reaction score
Depending on how much stock you put to Daniel Jerimiah's opinion, but he has Slater and Sewell at the top of the o-line class.

i think Jermiah is solid

and of the two being talked about, I could see Slater in the top half because he probably could play tackle.

it seems the top ten is:

3 QBs:
Lawrence
Fields
Wilson

1 OT:
Sewell

2 CBS:
Farley
Surtain

2 WRs:
Chase
Smith

1 TE:
Pitts

1 LB:
Parsons

so then its about where the next tier goes:

Pass rusher Kwity Paye
QB Trey Lance
WR Jalen Waddle
is it Slater, Cosmi or Darrisaw for third OT?
the third and fourth CBs

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
i think Jermiah is solid

and of the two being talked about, I could see Slater in the top half because he probably could play tackle.

it seems the top ten is:

3 QBs:
Lawrence
Fields
Wilson

1 OT:
Sewell

2 CBS:
Farley
Surtain

2 WRs:
Chase
Smith

1 TE:
Pitts

1 LB:
Parsons

so then its about where the next tier goes:

Pass rusher Kwity Paye
QB Trey Lance
WR Jalen Waddle
is it Slater, Cosmi or Darrisaw for third OT?
the third and fourth CBs
Slater has value because he can play any position including C which is where I would put him. You give me a solid C and LT and you can build an above average offensive line.

I prefer Darrisaw to Cosmi but they both play OT only so you have to be comfortable with Josh Jones at RG and that complicates things because you have two players next to each other who have not started at those spots in the NFL.

I have mixed feelings on Wyatt Davis and Ohio St offensive linemen but I feel the Alabama game is going to sort those out.

Free agency is going to have a lot of impact on this so you have to build your boards with all positions in mind, but as our roster currently stands, it is Sewell, Slater and Davis or trade back. Trading back you could draft Alex Leatherwood and slap him in at an OG spot.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My entire first round board is like 15 guys and that is probably high. I think I could hammer it to 11 pretty easy. If you wanted to factor in positional value, 9 or 10 depending on Wyatt Davis.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Jeremiah was the first one really talking up Becton last year and depending on who you ask, he was one of the best OL in the NFL this season!

I agree that the OL should be a priority. Look at what the Saints did with shorter Drew Brees. They put an emphasis on protecting him and it's paid off.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jeremiah was the first one really talking up Becton last year and depending on who you ask, he was one of the best OL in the NFL this season!

I agree that the OL should be a priority. Look at what the Saints did with shorter Drew Brees. They put an emphasis on protecting him and it's paid off.
And having a strong interior line also helps QBs shorten their drops as well as move up in the pocket. That space really matters and the Cardinals don't seem to have that figured out.

football karma

Reaction score
a couple players who arent needs per se, but if they fall to #16 would present a dilemma:

Micah Parsons, LB Penn St.

Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

with Parsons, you are getting Bobby Wagner

Pitts adds a receiving weapon the Cards dont have

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Going to be a tough year, we don't have a 4 or a 6. You have to wonder if we trade down to add picks or just stick where we are.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
a couple players who arent needs per se, but if they fall to #16 would present a dilemma:

Micah Parsons, LB Penn St.

Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

with Parsons, you are getting Bobby Wagner

Pitts adds a receiving weapon the Cards dont have
Parsons is nothing like Bobby Wagner. Dude is more raw at ILB than people realize. He’s much more natural as a pass-rusher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson