Recruiting

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Below is a link to Arizona State's 2021 football recruiting class on early signing day.

From Arizona Sports:

The early national signing period will allow commits to officially sign their letters of intent.

ASU, which put together a top-25 recruiting class last year, according to 247 Sports, began the 2021 class’ early signing period with 14 verbally committed players and one transfer making up the No. 46-ranked group in the nation.

https://arizonasports.com/story/248...1-recruiting-class-tracker-early-signing-day/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LSU transfer defensive end Travez Moore signs with Arizona State.

By Michelle Gardner Arizona Republic:

Defensive end Travez Moore, a 6-foot-4, 246-pounder, signed with the Sun Devils Wednesday morning on the first day of the early signing period.

Moore, a product of Bastrop High School in Louisiana, committed to ASU on Nov. 30, three weeks after entering the NCAA's transfer portal. He appeared in seven career games across three seasons for the Tigers.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...er-lsu-defensive-end-travez-moore/3923473001/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona State picks up another recruit offensive lineman Sione Veikoso from Hawaii. He had previously given a verbal commitment to Oregon State.

By Michelle Gardner Arizona Republic:

Just hours after announcing a 10-member signing class and talking about those players with the media, the Arizona State football program picked up another athlete, landing the services of offensive lineman Sione Veikoso out of Kailua, Hawaii.

At 6-foot-6, 295-pounds, Veikoso fits the mold of what the ASU coaches have said their looking for - big bodies up front.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ing-sun-devils-sign-sione-veikoso/3940265001/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not exactly about recruiting but cornerback Jack Jones will return to Sun Devils. This should give the defense a boost for the 2021 season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not exactly about recruiting but cornerback Jack Jones will return to Sun Devils. This should give the defense a boost for the 2021 season.

That is awesome news. If Jones can stay on the field, he should make make first team all Pac 12, and perhaps receive national honors. Glad to see he he will be locking down one side of the field next season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devils get another transfer who looks like a good one in Oklahoma freshman TE/WR Jalin Conyers.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sun Devils get one of top centers Ezra (Dotson)-Oyetade.

Man, that's at least the 3rd major OL signing this year. I think we had a couple of bigtime transfers last year to the OL. I thought our running game was ridiculously good this year in what we were able to see at least. Looks like more of the same for years to come hopefully

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that's at least the 3rd major OL signing this year. I think we had a couple of bigtime transfers last year to the OL. I thought our running game was ridiculously good this year in what we were able to see at least. Looks like more of the same for years to come hopefully

If the offensive line opens holes for Rachaad White and Chip Trayanum they are gone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU running back DeaMonte Trayanum enters transfer portal. This is not the type of news I was looking for.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ASU running back DeaMonte Trayanum enters transfer portal. This is not the type of news I was looking for.

Ugh. That suuuuuuucks. Probably pissed he didn't see more action as he expected when he was recruited. White kind of came out of nowhere and ultimately took over.

With that said, Ngata is a badass, sure hope he sticks around.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. That suuuuuuucks. Probably pissed he didn't see more action as he expected when he was recruited. White kind of came out of nowhere and ultimately took over.

It's very disappointing.

With White not playing in a bowl game and Trayanum in the transfer portal, Ngata will get plenty of carries wherever ASU plays postseason.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But he is now in position to be the #1 back. If it is just playing time, that shouldn't be an issue. I believe there is something else going on here.

Hope I am wrong, but I am afraid he will not be the last to jump ship.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But he is now in position to be the #1 back. If it is just playing time, that shouldn't be an issue. I believe there is something else going on here.

Hope I am wrong, but I am afraid he will not be the last to jump ship.

I guess time will tell. I am reading a lot of rumors on other boards that could just be that, rumors.

We also have a 4 star RB Tevin White slated to join the team next year. He seems like a great pick up to provide some depth.

Freshman LB Eric Gentry making the Freshman All American team, so that's pretty cool.

College Football is changing. Players have more freedom to come and go. And coaches are being rewarded big time financially to move around. Perhaps bolstering up our assistant coach ranks (Can Herm bring in some more NFL vets?), getting rid of whatever negative elements are lingering around, hitting the transfer portal hard for new talent, and providing some stability for our guys that are coming back next year could provide us with a decent season next year. The difference is that there will be lower expectations next year so we could overachieve instead of under achieve. But then again, what the f@3$! do I know! :shrug:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In bold are the other ASU running backs on the roster. I guess there is a chance Traynum could decide to return.

I doubt they wouldn't burn a year of eligibility for Tevin White to play in a bowl game if that were the price.

By Arizona Sports:

With White turning pro and Trayanum hitting the portal, the other running backs on ASU’s roster include Daniyel Ngata, Deonce Elliot, Jackson He and George Hart III.

After testing the portal, Trayanum could ultimately return to ASU. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rattler would be a good get as he would be Daniels successor. Not sure if Daniels regression this year is on him or OC Zak Hill, he was supposed to be a CPOY candidate but had a mediocre year. Seems like ASU went to rushing offense this year but with the stud WR's they brought in it doesn't make sense, offense should have been more balanced. Hill better get it figured out before some of those WR's bolt.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It must be nice to end up with a cool name like that. :cool:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave