Bickley and other media calling for Kliff to be gone.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I’m betting we’ll have a new DC next year. Maybe bring in an OC/Assistant HC also. Have no clue who though.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I’m betting we’ll have a new DC next year. Maybe bring in an OC/Assistant HC also. Have no clue who though.

This. There is no way they are going to pay Wilks, Kliff, then another new coach. Thats asinine. What they should do is tell KK that due to the regression of this total offense they will be working together on bringing in an offensive assistant/ OC. Perhaps they promote from within ( although im not sure who that could be). Bears did something similiar with Lazar hire when Nagy hit the wall offensively.

I think when the Cardinals hired KK they knew that he would be a "project" at first. His hire was most likely centralized on bringing along Josh Rosen then the Kyler thing happened. Remember they said that Vance's head coaching experience was supposed to help ease KK's transition into the NFL? Well thats not working obviously so I belive the next move is bringing in an offensive mind to help break down film and game plan more appropriately. Just my two cents.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They went 44-19 in 4 years and went to a Super Bowl.

That is success in the NFL. Thats a much better resume than any other experienced NFL coach we could get.

I'm not saying hes "the answer"...but someone like him. If we could get John Harbaugh I would do it in a second.

Maybe Greg Roman?

like I said he burned down SF. They had 3 winning seasons...3

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't that kind of what they did with Kliff?

No, they didn’t give him a fortune, and he is the off brand version of Riley.

The way I look at it you want to get the best out of Kyler, go with a proven commodity.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
like I said he burned down SF. They had 3 winning seasons...3

Out of 4. They were good when he was there, we have no idea what he would have been able to do if he stayed around. It might have been better than what they got?

Your view would be like saying BA "burned down" AZ. We were good when he was here, then he left. We think it was starting to fizzle, but we dont know what could have happened.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Harbaugh is not getting fired at Michigan. He may take a lower, "prove yourself" contract, or he may leave on his own. His lack of success there is surprising.
I don't like him but he'd be a good hire. Ryan Day would be the dream hire.

I think they'll give mistakenly give KK another year but that doesn't make sense. If you have questions about him being the guy, it's best just to move on. Why delay the inevitable and waste another year. I still can't believe they hire him the first place.

Even here on local Columbus radio, James Laurainitis has been banging on KK and it's not the first time.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This. There is no way they are going to pay Wilks, Kliff, then another new coach. Thats asinine. What they should do is tell KK that due to the regression of this total offense they will be working together on bringing in an offensive assistant/ OC. Perhaps they promote from within ( although im not sure who that could be). Bears did something similiar with Lazar hire when Nagy hit the wall offensively.

I think when the Cardinals hired KK they knew that he would be a "project" at first. His hire was most likely centralized on bringing along Josh Rosen then the Kyler thing happened. Remember they said that Vance's head coaching experience was supposed to help ease KK's transition into the NFL? Well thats not working obviously so I belive the next move is bringing in an offensive mind to help break down film and game plan more appropriately. Just my two cents.

If you're bringing in someone to run the offense, why the hell are you keeping Kliff? His expert game management?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I do not support keeping Kliff after the last two games, but it would be shocking if the Cardinals fired Kliff or Vance due to how the organization will view the progression of wins... sincerely hope it's a matter of experience with Kliff and his youth, but that remains to be seen

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t see anyone being let go, although VJ would not be a surprise. However this team does not seem too have any serious leadership either by coaching staff or players. We are in the middle of a storm on a rudderless ship.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D.J. Humphries on those calling for the firing of Kliff Kingsbury:

"We came light years from having the No. 1 pick and 3 wins to being 8-8. That happened with Kliff as our head coach....If you're not with us, you're against us."

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
killer insta-game.

He's just a total fraud - did nothing with three of the best NFL QB's in college, and is laughably in over his head in the NFL. He's shown no aptitude to run a team in 2 years, and gagged the 2nd half of this season away in incredible fashion. Players may like him, but they clearly don't respect him.

How in the hell does anyone expect anything to change with more time?

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Give it a week & no one will care about this team. Suns are the new object of affection. We get to hear Bickley drag on about Ayton not dunking it with authority from free throw line for next few months.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He's just a total fraud - did nothing with three of the best NFL QB's in college, and is laughably in over his head in the NFL. He's shown no aptitude to run a team in 2 years, and gagged the 2nd half of this season away in incredible fashion. Players may like him, but they clearly don't respect him.

How in the hell does anyone expect anything to change with more time?
But his mid-century modern coachbro bachelor mansion!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
D.J. Humphries on those calling for the firing of Kliff Kingsbury:

"We came light years from having the No. 1 pick and 3 wins to being 8-8. That happened with Kliff as our head coach....If you're not with us, you're against us."

What I see:

Despite the struggles of the offense, it was still a top ten group. The defense was middle of the pack.

I blame Keim. His record of futility is proven.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
If you're bringing in someone to run the offense, why the hell are you keeping Kliff? His expert game management?

Because you cannot keep fire coaches every other year lol. As stated earlier, they are "stuck" with him. They are paying him and Wilks. No team has ever paid three coaches. Instead of firing him they will most likely get him some help. He clearly has lapses in judgement.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave