Bickley and other media calling for Kliff to be gone.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im not sure what the rules are for linking stuff, but you should read Bickley's article on 987.

He sums up my thought very well about why we SHOULD move on from Kliff, but I know not everyone agrees with Bickley on much.

I just wanted to bring up the point that well known media in AZ are openly supporting firing Kliff...which could very well mean something will get done. I think if they had heard from their Cardinals contacts that Kliff was 100% back next year...they would not bother fighting this fight. I think the fact that people are willing to say he should be fired means they have heard there is at least a chance.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For the cardinals to be embarrassing twice in three years (wilks and year-2 kk) harkens back to billy B days. I thought we had moved beyond that with Mike B. But if he stays the course with keim, kk, Vance it just shows same family, different day.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If so, then who?

I don't know of course....but all it takes is MB thinking that same question over night. If he has an answer then there might be some firings.

If it's me. I would hire Jim Harbaugh as the HC with a big checkbook for OC and DC. I think he has the type of attitude we need in this division and I think Kyler would like him.

Option 2 would be Greg Roman maybe? He has designed an offense that can maximize Lamar Jackson's strengths. I think we could do the same for Kyler? His team also is able to play tough football, which we are not right now.

Lincoln Riley, Robert Salas?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Replacement coaches available;

Adam Gase
Doug Marrone
Bill O'Brien
Matt Patricia
Dan Quinn

Marrone & O'Brien have the types of personalities that I would look for, but only O'Brien was a decent HC. Hopkins would never play for BOB, so cancel him out. You know you're a crappy organization when you continually oscillate between retreads like the above & guys like KK, who are clearly not NFL HC material.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know of course....but all it takes is MB thinking that same question over night. If he has an answer then there might be some firings.

If it's me. I would hire Jim Harbaugh as the HC with a big checkbook for OC and DC. I think he has the type of attitude we need in this division and I think Kyler would like him.

Option 2 would be Greg Roman maybe? He has designed an offense that can maximize Lamar Jackson's strengths. I think we could do the same for Kyler? His team also is able to play tough football, which we are not right now.

Lincoln Riley, Robert Salas?

Harbaugh is a nut job. Hiring him would be like what Bill B did when he hired Buddy Ryan back in the 90's.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is unprecedented for any media locally to call for it. Phoenix puts up with lot of losing and media go with it. To call for a coach after an OK season, they must be hearing something we are not privy to. Color me surprised [emoji54]

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Harbaugh is a nut job. Hiring him would be like what Bill B did when he hired Buddy Ryan back in the 90's.

Hes had success, which is something Kliff has never done.

I think he brings an era of high expectations, and a tough football team. Im not a big enough college fan to know what Michigan has been like in reality...but with the 49ers it seems like he always had a competitive team. And that was with Alex Smith and Kap....so multiple QBs.

Maybe he brings in some good OC and DC guys and we create a culture where we compete for the division for the next 8 years.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BTW I would also be firing the GM...and I have zero names for that. Someone that has a killer scouting department.

The one name that is an obvious choice would be Adub...with a clean slate to choose a coach. I wonder if KK is the type of Head Coach that Adrian Wilson would pick? I tend to think he would want to see more toughness based on him as a player.

The more I think about it today I think that might be the most drastic, but realistic change that we would see.

Keim is fired. Adub becomes GM, and Bidwill gives the ability to keep or fire KK if he wants. That would be interesting, at the very least we get fresh eyes on our situation.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t want any of those. Look at Bills OC Daball, Saleh with SF to start

I fear that Saleh is too much of a cheerleader. Not sold on him being HC material. I could be wrong though. Still think the Cardinals need a dominant personality who has already proven he can WIN to some extent as a HC.

Reactions: PJ1

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Im not sure what the rules are for linking stuff, but you should read Bickley's article on 987.

He sums up my thought very well about why we SHOULD move on from Kliff, but I know not everyone agrees with Bickley on much.

I just wanted to bring up the point that well known media in AZ are openly supporting firing Kliff...which could very well mean something will get done. I think if they had heard from their Cardinals contacts that Kliff was 100% back next year...they would not bother fighting this fight. I think the fact that people are willing to say he should be fired means they have heard there is at least a chance.

Been listening all morning. It's worse than the biggest naysayers thought. The fact that they all agree that in the next few weeks we're going to hear stories about the dysfunction within this team is disheartening.

I was wrong about Kliff, but I don't think it takes a soothsayer to predict failure in Arizona.

(Edit: they're literally laughing on air about the 3rd and 18 call. And when they had Max Starks on he went on a long rant about Kyler making a show of warming up to come back in the game--he and Wolf were saying his teammates know what's going on)

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think he brings an era of high expectations, and a tough football team. Im not a big enough college fan to know what Michigan has been like in reality...but with the 49ers it seems like he always had a competitive team. And that was with Alex Smith and Kap....so multiple QBs.

Maybe he brings in some good OC and DC guys and we create a culture where we compete for the division for the next 8 years.

"High Expectations" is what Buddy brought too....."You have a winner in town". Didn't Harbaugh leave the Niners once they were a burned out organization? And he's been a total train wreck at Michigan. Not at all surprised by the Michigan experience, as I do see him as an NFL HC only. If given the choice between a proven guy like Harbaugh & someone like KK, I probably would take Harbaugh. But, Harbaugh would not be a long term answer.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

he took over an already loaded team in SF and destroyed it in 4 years. Look at all the legal stuff that went on with players under his watch.

Michigan is a dumpster fire and he’s expected to be fired

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

Lots of GM openings this year and the Cardinals would be getting a late start not to mention that it’s been rumored that Wilson will be the eventual successor. Im in complete agreement that Kliff should go but it’s almost pointless if the team keeps Keim. Brady, Bienimy, Saleh, Daboll aren’t signing up to be Keim’s 3rd Head Coach in 4 years. The team would be choosing from retreads nobody else wants.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the flagship station starts calling for your head, especially Ron Wolfley, you know you're in trouble.

When you have a young star like Murray, you CANNOT sit on your hands & risk wasting him. You act NOW & fix what appears to be a very bad hire with KK. I've always said that you keep swinging until you find your franchise QB. I'm convinced we have that right now. Conversely, you have to do the same with a franchise HC. Keep swinging Michael. KK is NOT the answer. All you have to do is listen to ANY of his pressers & it's obvious he has not a clue.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Harbaugh won 10 games at Michigan 3 times, and 9 games one year. As a pro coach, his worst record was 8-8, and he went to a Superbowl.

To me he makes a lot of sense as a HC, culture builder, and overall manager of the team. I don't remember him having tons of problems with players, but I know he didn't like the 49ers GM.

I feel like he is the only HC candidate with NFL HC experience that is not going to be coming off a dumpster fire...at least in the NFL. Maybe people think Michigan was bad this year...but Im talking not coming off very recent NFL suckage.

The only other way to go would be a coordinator with no HC experience, or a college HC....but I dont have any great names.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson