Realistically How Do You Fix This?

cfdesign-91

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks KK is being let go before next season is fooling themselves. I think VJ is let go as a scapegoat because changes have to be made. But is the answer adding an OC who essentially manages the game for Kliff? Does SK have the giblets to tell Kliff he’s not going to be in charge of any in game management? That’s a troublesome issue that I don’t know if there is a real answer to. I’m concerned that the reality of the situation is going to cost us a year of opportunity (2021). But who knows we shall see.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And that’s the conundrum. Because Kliff isn’t going anywhere it can’t be fixed.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok with VJ gone, if KK stays he needs a veteran OC to guide the offensive philosophy and play calls. Most of all there needs to a purge of the soft players on this team and instill some toughness and leadership across this roster. Problem to me his KK doesn’t scream leadership to me.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff needs to be a puppet and thats it.

Bring in a proven NFL mind as an OC to design the scheme around Kyler and call plays.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff needs to be a puppet and thats it.

Bring in a proven NFL mind as an OC to design the scheme around Kyler and call plays.

But in what planet do you chop off your “offensive genius” HC’s balls by telling him he no longer has control over and final say over the offense. This move screams internal dysfunction and a disaster waiting to happen.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
But in what planet do you chop off your “offensive genius” HC’s balls by telling him he no longer has control over and final say over the offense. This move screams internal dysfunction and a disaster waiting to happen.

When you put it that way, you might as well fire him

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This.

I believe a high level QB coach who devotes all his energy developing Kyler while Texas Tech runs the offense and confines to eff up the game planning and play calling.

Then he will be fired.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Vance goes, Keim will make a typical joke of a coordinator hire like Kris Richard.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Ideally, Keim, Vance, Kingsbury go. Fitzgerald retired while Reddick and Jones come back and we start from scratch with a potential good draft selection. Kansas City did it pretty quickly after drafting Mahomes. But it needs to happen quick and Bidwill may need to pay some significant money.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We can debate over the coach all day long but the thread title is about how to fix this?

1. Interior OL. Pugh sucks & so does Sweezy.

2. CB. PP21 is no longer a #1 CB. We need to use our 2021 first round pick on the best one possible.

3. WR. We need a #2 & #3 KJ is too slow but he could be #4. Kirk needs to go & Larry is done.

4. DC. VJ is clueless, we need a new one.

5. See above, not in any certain order but those would all be good starts on fixing our problems.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Fixing it has to start with getting rid of Keim. You can’t continue firing coordinators and coaches and keep the man who’s making the decision to hire them. Nobody that has options will hitch themselves to this mess.

Keim is the worst COO in football outside of the University of Arizona

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Add a speed RB and a thumper at RB, keep Edmonds. Foster needs to go. Not sure what Eno brings since he didn’t play

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If by "fix this" you mean we are trying to create a perennial contender here, like Seattle has done with having Russell Wilson, or GB has done with having Rogers, and the Chiefs are in the process of doing with Mahomes....then it needs to be blown up.

Completely new FO. That FO has to have a 2-3 year TEAM building plan that incorporates what we have in KM, and builds around his strengths, but is also building a culture that pieces can be replaced but expectations remain high. Arians was actually in the process of building that here..."next man up" was something that the team bought into. I fully believe that if we would have drafted Derek Carr to be Palmer's eventual replacement, BA would still be here and we would have at least a superbowl appearance...but that is a different topic.

Back to the new FO. You need to bring in a GM that nails picks in bringing in nfl starters...guys that would actually start on other NFL teams...and they need to get those types of guys in rounds 1-4 consistently, almost every year. No GM bats 1000, but you gotta get 3 guys out of every draft...no matter your draft positions that are contributing in the next 2-3 years and are getting a 2nd contract here.

I'm more old school, so I would love to see a GM build the trenches, but I know we have other needs.

It all has to start with the GM. Keim has not been a completely terrible GM...he has made some great trades, but his drafting has been bad...and his time has run it's course here. Its time to change the culture, and that means a fresh start.

I do not pretend to know who that magical GM is, but I hope Bidwill tells someone, "I want superbowl trophies in AZ", and then gets out of their way. Let the new GM choose the coaches and the new look players.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vance did a good job. Letting Vance go would be a huge mistake. HUGE.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Keeping the same mediocre HC that can’t manage game situations, time outs, continually has poor schemes & games plans, poor route trees & being the coach of teams that every year fall apart down the stretch after good starts doesn’t fix the problem!

Admitting failure & trying to move forward is the only way to possibly get different results. Just like they did with Wilks & Rosen.

Ignoring 8 years of those same above issues of Kliffs teams is who he is, this history says so. I would be shocked if many of these players actually believe in the schemes they are being taught, particularly the offense
We can debate over the coach all day long but the thread title is about how to fix this?

1. Interior OL. Pugh sucks & so does Sweezy.

2. CB. PP21 is no longer a #1 CB. We need to use our 2021 first round pick on the best one possible.

3. WR. We need a #2 & #3 KJ is too slow but he could be #4. Kirk needs to go & Larry is done.

4. DC. VJ is clueless, we need a new one.

5. See above, not in any certain order but those would all be good starts on fixing our problems.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Along with the scouting department
If by "fix this" you mean we are trying to create a perennial contender here, like Seattle has done with having Russell Wilson, or GB has done with having Rogers, and the Chiefs are in the process of doing with Mahomes....then it needs to be blown up.

Completely new FO. That FO has to have a 2-3 year TEAM building plan that incorporates what we have in KM, and builds around his strengths, but is also building a culture that pieces can be replaced but expectations remain high. Arians was actually in the process of building that here..."next man up" was something that the team bought into. I fully believe that if we would have drafted Derek Carr to be Palmer's eventual replacement, BA would still be here and we would have at least a superbowl appearance...but that is a different topic.

Back to the new FO. You need to bring in a GM that nails picks in bringing in nfl starters...guys that would actually start on other NFL teams...and they need to get those types of guys in rounds 1-4 consistently, almost every year. No GM bats 1000, but you gotta get 3 guys out of every draft...no matter your draft positions that are contributing in the next 2-3 years and are getting a 2nd contract here.

I'm more old school, so I would love to see a GM build the trenches, but I know we have other needs.

It all has to start with the GM. Keim has not been a completely terrible GM...he has made some great trades, but his drafting has been bad...and his time has run it's course here. Its time to change the culture, and that means a fresh start.

I do not pretend to know who that magical GM is, but I hope Bidwill tells someone, "I want superbowl trophies in AZ", and then gets out of their way. Let the new GM choose the coaches and the new look players.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh and I will throw in one other thing. I personally would go hire Jim Harbaugh, and tell him the checkbook was open for whatever OC and DC he wanted.

I think he is the type of personality that our team needs. I think Kyler would respect him, and I think our team would be in the running every year.

I'm not saying Harbaugh is a monster OC or DC...but I think he is a good HC, and could be great with great coordinators.

IMO he is the best we could hope for that would actually bring a culture change. Lincoln Riley might be the only other one...but I think its a bigger gamble

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Hiring a OC is admitting you made a mistake in hiring Kingsbury. The whole idea behind hiring him was he is suppose to be a brilliant, innovative offensive mind who would revolutionize the team's offense. Hiring a OC and taking play calling from Kingsbury is neutering him. No player on the team will have any respect for him. Bidwill and Keim will let this failed experiment go on for another year before they throw in the towel. I still can't figure out how they thought a failed college was going to be a successful NFL coach.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
hate to say I kind of agree. Already counting next season as a wasted season.

That’s bc it will be a wasted season. The sooner we embrace it the less it will sting. ZERO chance they get to 8 wins looking at the schedule.