What loss hurts the most?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
New England. No excuses. Cam threw for like 20 yards. Gonzalez misses. Kliff calling a time out. Kliff not taking the points before half. Such a joke. Reverse one of those things and the team is probably playoff bound.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah.... I'm sad.

Sad at missing out on one more week of football.
Sad that Kyler hobbled to the finish line in LA for the second straight season.
Sad that McVay just seems to teabag K2 every time they face off.
Sad that we have the worst coach in the division.
Sad that Kyler had the choice to come back in earlier but chose to stay out till the 4th quarter. (Kliff said it was his choice in the presser, and there was zero chance of a bigger injury)
Sad that we lost to Detroit, Cam, Beathard, & Wolford for the playoffs.
Sad that I will have 4 months of little optimism. Im guessing we give Keim and KK a mulligan for Covid.

Beating the Rams, and atleast playing the Hawks in the divisional round would have given me optimism. This is just crushing to me.

I get that we were watching a slow motion train wreck in progress...... but damn man....... This sucked.

I think today would have been the ultimate Pyrrhic victory. This franchise needs a hard look at this collapse and a win would have been a band-aid over gaping wounds.

that’s why I’m not bummed.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This one with last week a close second. We are intimidated so easily it is pathetic.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dolphins.

Kyler played the best game of his career.

but that didn’t matter because Tua had a great game(& think of it like this, his ONLY great game so far. He has played uninspiring/bad against pretty much everyone else).

Vance is hilarious.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This one with last week a close second. We are intimidated so easily it is pathetic.

Agree, we get punched in the mouth and usually fail to respond. Must win games sure bring out the worst in this team

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Dolphins.

Kyler played the best game of his career.

but that didn’t matter because Tua had a great game(& think of it like this, his ONLY great game so far. He has played uninspiring/bad against pretty much everyone else).

Vance is hilarious.

Yup. Reoccurring theme here since last season is VJ defence not stepping up to protect the lead that K1 creates.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am definitely in the camp that sees the Patriots game as the worst loss. After that, the team was playing under pressure instead of having fun. At least that's how I saw it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am definitely in the camp that sees the Patriots game as the worst loss. After that, the team was playing under pressure instead of having fun. At least that's how I saw it.

some teams have fun playing under pressure. They rise to the moment. Literally no one on our team did that. And that’s the most troubling thing to me.

just zero leadership ANYWHERE, top to bottom of the franchise.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
some teams have fun playing under pressure. They rise to the moment. Literally no one on our team did that. And that’s the most troubling thing to me.

just zero leadership ANYWHERE, top to bottom of the franchise.

Lots of talk all saying the right phrases on big games and competing. Talk is cheap and that’s all we have from this organization since I can remember. This team sorely lacks leadership, toughness and overall killer instinct to impose their will on the opposition. Pretty boy football will only get you so far. We need Andre the Giant football

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the panthers cause was the first one
We had a better team that day, and was evident the winner culture wasn't part of the coaches/team
Losing winnable games cemented it in the following weeks

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
5 or 6 of the losses were pathetic to watch and smelled like cow shyt. Kliff, no positive emotion on the sidelines to keep
this team fired up.....he's no Pete Carroll,,,,and Kliff is a poor play caller (no wonder his college
record looks so weak). The Card's front office thought they were getting a offensive superman
coach when hiring Kliffy,,, they were once again fooled.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Haven’t posted here for a long while, but feel compelled to after yesterday’s debacle (and the previous week’s stupefying performance).
That Pats game result was when a fun season drifted-away. Watched yesterday’s latest head-scratcher with a Seahawks fan buddy of mine and we were both constantly commenting how, all things given, McVay outcoached KK throughout and completely. It’s beyond obvious that he (KK) isn’t prepared or ideal for the NFL. And I’m left to completely agree that, going into next year, I’m feeling pretty much hopeless given the division and an almost certain 49ers rebound since this brain trust could not take advantage of the golden opportunity literally handed to it. 2021 is DOA, the only question being who will be the next HC (and perhaps GM).

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
49ers and it isn't even close.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree with the 49er loss but really the final two games are killers.
Against SF, we played against a 3rd string QB and several other missing starters.
Against LA, we played against another backup QB who had never thrown an NFL pass.
Both games were handed to us on a silver platter yet both games we got out coached and out classed. Pathetic.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lots of painful losses. I'll go with the Patriots game, because that's a pretty bad football team and the season was on the line.

Next I'll go with Detroit, because that game made Patricia look like he could coach.

And lastly, the Niners loss. I hate losing games when the other team just runs the ball down your throat.