Keim and Kingsbury aren’t going anywhere

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Keim pushed all his chips in with the KM KK move. KM was controversial as it is for our #1, but at least there was some reason to rationalize it. The KK hire was fing terrible and was nothing more than a fomo trying to hire a mcvay but picked a second rate college coach who couldn't even put together a winning record in the B12 as a HC.

Keim went all in and lost, time to leave the table.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One of the best GMs in the game doesn't draft Andy Isabella over DK Metcalf.

Good HCs, hell any semi-competent HC doesn't go for it on 4th down with 9 left down 2 in your own end.

Cards are in a division with Shanahan, Carroll, and McV. That's a problem with this current regime.
This is the crux of the issue.

Good is not good enough in NFC West.

People here seem to be missing this point. I would keep Kliff and get him a GM he wants for the next 2 years.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
missing the playoffs for five straight years and letting your GM keep his job is about as sane as thinking Donald Trump won the election and should get another four years with the country in a tailspin and 2.5K Americans dying daily from a virus he not only did nothing to stop but actually took action to make it WORSE.

you cheer and suppprt FAILURE. That might be sane in your world, but it’s pathetic in mine.

Please keep politics in the PF. Dont care if you use it as an example. Keep it there and out of then rest of the forum.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesn’t coach or play. He gives the staff the players to play. It’s not quantum physics.

lol. He picks the players and the staff. If they fail, he failed. Like you said... it’s not quantum physics.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I agree Kliff is a train wreck to an extent. Completely agree. With that said, they hired a guy in his early 40’s with zero NFL experience. To think they made that hire without being prepared to endure some bumps in the road while he learns would be a bit naive on our part IMO. I haven’t loved what he’s done any more than the next guy but I do think he’s a really smart guy who is totally dedicated to his craft and will improve. I also said from jump street that Vance Joseph was a terrible hire. Two years in and I’m more convinced now than I was then. The problem was finding a minority 3-4 DC with head coaching experience didn’t leave a ton of options.
Kliff sucked in college too. 10 years of sucking means that's just who he is.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Would Bruce Arians have stayed if there is "playoff talent" on this top heavy roster since 2016?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Keim is poor, KK is garbage. Both will be here next year. I would personally dump both, but it's not going to happen after what this organization considers improvement under a wild pandemic year.

I project us to have at least a decade of non-winning records, but we'll see, I guess.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol. Are you trying to be sarcastic?
Oh, I'm 100% serious.

Keim spent a 1st round pick and guaranteed $37 million to 3 free agents to shore up the defnesive front 7 last off-season. In the biggest game of the year, the Niners just put up their highest rushing total in 4 years. That is a pretty pathetic ROI.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim is poor, KK is garbage. Both will be here next year. I would personally dump both, but it's not going to happen after what this organization considers improvement under a wild pandemic year.

I project us to have at least a decade of non-winning records, but we'll see, I guess.
Noble endeavor from the brave scouts and captains at Hardy Dr.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MB won't fire them. In the last decade the Cards have 3 winning seasons and the last was 5 years ago. The history of the team, including under Mike Bidwill, is pretty mediocre at best.

It just is what it is. Today should be no surprise, especially to us long time fans.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sorry to be the voice of sanity but it’s not happening. Nor should it. Keim is one of the best GM’s in the game and the Cardinals are not going to bring in a new regime when K1 is still on his rookie deal and we’ve went from being the worst team in football to just shy of making the playoffs in two years. No chance they leave. Gonna start prepping for the draft now. We need a center, guards, a TE, DB’s and a WR.
I don't know that I agree Keim is one of the "best gms" but I agree that Vance is the only guy not guaranteed to be here next year.

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
I still think we have a decent chance to make the playoffs. Maybe 20-25%?

Cards guaranteed to lose against the Rams. So our only chance would be for Chicago to lose to both Jacksonville and GB (who are probably going to be resting starters in Wk 17). I'd say our chances are less than 1%.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Give me 100:1 then. You’re getting the best of it according to your own expert math.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Offensive starters required: 2 WRs, a RB, a TE, 2 OL

Defensive starters: 1 OLB, 1 DL, 1 ILB, two CBs.

Special Teams: Punt returner and Kicker.

Hoping Keim would find them all next season to make playoffs?

You must be registered for see images

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Collect your winnings if you had bet on Bruce Arians retiring and then coming back to make playoffs before Keim could put a playoff team.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One of the best GMs in the game doesn't draft Andy Isabella over DK Metcalf.

Good HCs, hell any semi-competent HC doesn't go for it on 4th down with 9 left down 2 in your own end.

Cards are in a division with Shanahan, Carroll, and McV. That's a problem with this current regime.
I'm as positive as all hell and still want another season with everyone....but looking back that 4th down call to not punt last week was horrible. We only need a stop being down 2. I was also 1st to say the loss to SF was meaningless....but we win last week and with the Bears losing we would have made it even losing today.
So many what ifs

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Collect your winnings if you had bet on Bruce Arians retiring and then coming back to make playoffs before Keim could put a playoff team.

Helps being gifted the greatest qb of all time

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Every game in a 16 game season is critical, this isn’t baseball. This season proved it by losing very winnable games earlier in the season. Still can’t get over the lack of energy against the 49ers.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Helps being gifted the greatest qb of all time
True. It is not like Arians went to playoffs with decent QBs like Palmer, Luck etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave