Larry might be done

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He should be, if he doesn't want to go to a real contender and try for a ring next year. It's not happening here.

Larry agreed to come back and buy in for one more run at it. #1 QB, hot shot "revolutionary" coach....thought maybe he could catch lightning in a bottle. If we had looked strong to end the year, made the playoffs, and we actually had a shot at being a championship team next year, I fully believe he would be back.

To come back next year and watch coaches getting fired, players like KM coasting through the season after about week 6...and the crap show its going to be next year...Larry doesnt deserve that.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Oooof...... That hurts. Hope not though but I would probably side with the retirement crowd.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dang that’s pretty messed up to not let Larry announce this himself if indeed it’s true.
Doubt Larry cares. He probably announced it to the team. He always said he wouldn't make a huge deal about retirement.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Why is anyone shocked? I along with others having been saying it for awhile now.

1) the torch of being “the man” has been passed to Dhop

2) rarely being targeted each game

3) Larry being a guy who is more about the team & in the past not wanting a big send off & the fanfare. No fans at the last home game, missing week 17 of a potential playoff play in game. Probably the perfect ending the way he wanted it.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He just re tweeted saying the post was supposed to say ....If
Said Larry hasn't made up his mind yet

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Time for him to put that University of Phoenix degree to good use!

Seriously, though, I will be bummed if this is it for Larry, which it probably is. I constantly flashback to his 4th quarter TD in the Super Bowl. That should have won him a ring. It's truly a shame that such an amazing player and class act was never able to experience a championship, yet Michael Floyd has a ring.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I would like to see Larry go out at this point (as a pro-bowl contender) and go on to be a great announcer. Especially after having injuries this season. Would love to see him getting a standing ovation on zoom from Cardinal fans and watching him sign a nice contract with CBS

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would like to see Larry go out at this point (as a pro-bowl contender) and go on to be a great announcer. Especially after having injuries this season. Would love to see him getting a standing ovation on zoom from Cardinal fans and watching him sign a nice contract with CBS

If Larry has one more season in him, I don't want him to waste it here. If he wanted to sign a 1 year deal with a "contender" and go for a ring I wouldn't fault him at all, but I don't see him doing that. Its also really hard to predict whos going to the SB next year, This league is way to fluid.

I could see Larry retiring, and getting a really cool travel show on Netflix. I think eventually he makes his way back to sports, probably as a GM.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I’d much rather see Larry retired or playing for another team then collect $11 million here. If he doesn’t move on the team should.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose