You Are the Owner. What do you do?

Who do you fire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I vote for clean the house, Browns did it and they are in the playoffs now.

But like we know, we finished 8-8 we still pay Wilks and so, probably we don't fire anyone and have a lame duck year and see firings and hirings after next year ... when Murray is in his final "cheap" year if at all...

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I vote for clean the house, Browns did it and they are in the playoffs now.

But like we know, we finished 8-8 we still pay Wilks and so, probably we don't fire anyone and have a lame duck year and see firings and hirings after next year ... when Murray is in his final "cheap" year if at all...
5th year option is relatively cheap

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fire yourself? Hire a consultant? Go on a long walk to contemplate life? :shrug:

:)

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not a big coaches has to be fired, but I would say Keim, Kliff and Vance needs to go. I know that won't happen. I think they may let Vance go to make a mini statement. At least make Kliff have a true offense coordinator and a true quarterback coach. He is over his head now.

Last edited:

Mike Graff

Reaction score
as they say, don't throw the baby out with the bath water: the baby being Kyler Murray and the bath water being the coaching staff. I don't believe KK is a good coach/play caller but KM feels comfortable with him which will aid in his growth but I would like to see KM work with a QB coach on his fundamentals when he passes . Looking to next year and the salary cap the cards have an offense that should be able to score 25 pts per game, barring offensive penalties but the OL needs help. so beef up the defense, which I think played very well this year with the personnel they have. In a nutshell, this last season had way too many mistakes costing us at least 3 games. The Browns changed coaches and QBs every year and never went anywhere. We can't just fire people and assume the new guy will be fantastic in his/her :) first year.
Thanks Az Cards for an entertaining year

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My real answer isn't available

It's fire Vance, force Kliff to hire a QB coach and an offensive coordinator. If he refused then he is gone too

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a big coaches has to be fired, but I would say Kim, Kliff and Vance needs to go. I know that won't happen. I think they may let Vance go to make a mini statement. At least make Kliff have a true offense coordinator and a true quarterback coach. He is over his head now.

This guy gets it.

Kliff is a terrible game manager. He needs people to do it for him

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My real answer isn't available

It's fire Vance, force Kliff to hire a QB coach and an offensive coordinator. If he refused then he is gone too
Not going to happen. If anything, they bring in a consultant like Tom Moore was to BA.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Cards post game show feels like a funeral. Wolfley & Pasch are so disappointed.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
as they say, don't throw the baby out with the bath water: the baby being Kyler Murray and the bath water being the coaching staff. I don't believe KK is a good coach/play caller but KM feels comfortable with him which will aid in his growth but I would like to see KM work with a QB coach on his fundamentals when he passes . Looking to next year and the salary cap the cards have an offense that should be able to score 25 pts per game, barring offensive penalties but the OL needs help. so beef up the defense, which I think played very well this year with the personnel they have. In a nutshell, this last season had way too many mistakes costing us at least 3 games. The Browns changed coaches and QBs every year and never went anywhere. We can't just fire people and assume the new guy will be fantastic in his/her :) first year.

They are in the playoffs and we aren't.

Which fired Brown's coach would have turned the ship around with more time?

We know that KK and KM are tied at the hip...but its always been a one way relationship. For as much as they are "comfortable" with each other...the entire relationship has been loser Kliff trying to jump on winner Kylers talent and Kyler choosing to go somewhere else.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know it won’t happen, but I’ve been ready to fire all three for some time. The fact that kliff and Vance showed the same propensities throughout their time here is enough for me to say “bye.”

keim can’t trade for an entire team, thus he’s useless as a gm.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You want to keep kk to be kylers . . . security blanket?!? Sorry time for big boy pants.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I seriously doubt Keim gets fired after 99.9% of the world agrees he robbed the Texans in the Hopkins trade earlier last year.

Kliff probably gets one more year. Vance might get the boot, but the defense wasn't the issue at the end of the season, it was more the offense regressing badly.

With the league and teams losing a ton of money because the pandemic and ratings declining I doubt Michael Bidwill makes many changes after an 8-8 season.

Last edited:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
No one should lose their job over an 8-8 year with a new coach, new QB, new everything, next year I'd say it's a different story, but as of now see how they learn from their mistakes. Kliff has to do some soul searching as to what a Pro coach has to be like.

He's too friendly to players for my taste but that's just my opinion he needs to get harder and more focused on game management, maybe delegate that to a trusted assistant but it has to improve.

He's got all offseason to think about what he did wrong and right and formulate any changes if he's making the same mistakes next year or similar ones then my opinion would be to let them all go and start over.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t want a consultant, I want a proven NFL OC that can form some sort of cohesive flow to play calling

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No one should lose their job over an 8-8 year with a new coach, new QB, new everything, next year I'd say it's a different story, but as of now see how they learn from their mistakes. Kliff has to do some soul searching as to what a Pro coach has to be like.

He's too friendly to players for my taste but that's just my opinion he needs to get harder and more focused on game management, maybe delegate that to a trusted assistant but it has to improve.

He's got all offseason to think about what he did wrong and right and formulate any changes if he's making the same mistakes next year or similar ones then my opinion would be to let them all go and start over.
A) A leopard doesn’t change its spots.
B) he can’t all of a sudden become a disciplinarian. The players on the team already know him. He’s established this culture of no accountability and lack of discipline. You can’t get that cattle back in the barn.
C) how many times is enough times for you to see the same mistakes befor pulling the trigger? It’s not like we haven’t been saying all this stuff about discipline and game management for two full seasons already.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Is this a thing? He’s the new sarver?
Different.

Sarver is about 20x smarter and more accomplished than Bidwill but comes from a commercial real estate/investment banking boiler room background where it's sink or swim. That culture doesn't mesh at all in professional sports where everyone from the players to agents to coaches need their ass kissed 24/7. Been his biggest downfall as an owner where the other 29 clubs are sucking up to the talent. Sarver is basically an a-hole but you'd probably love him as buddy.

Bidwill is great at the player interaction part but is your typical woke up at 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple Guy. Not that savvy or keen from a personnel or business perspective but thinks he is because his parents chose him not his siblings to run the team (not saying much if you knew the siblings for the record). Keeps losers (Kliff) and yes men (Keim) around him to make himself feel more important and is threatened by confident and more accomplished peers who voice their differing opinions (BA). Typical coddled trust fund kid stuff. Probably would have no friends if he wasn't loaded.

Both meddle in personnel decisions they have zero business being involved in. Sarver has toned that down though, rumor is Adam Silver had some sort of intervention. Sarver has gobs of money but doesn't spend. Bidwill's have nothing outside of the team only a bunch of dopey family members leeching off the family business.

Last edited: