DCU: Wonder Woman 3

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘Wonder Woman 3’ in the Works With Director Patty Jenkins

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/wonder-woman-3-gal-gadot-patty-jenkins-1234875194/

You must be registered for see images attach

Diana Prince is officially heading back to the big screen for a third “Wonder Woman” movie. Warner Bros. has fast-tracked development on another installment in the DC Comics franchise, with Gal Gadot returning to star as the title heroine and Patty Jenkins back to write and direct the upcoming entry.

The announcement comes on the heels of the release of “Wonder Woman 1984,” the studio’s superhero sequel that debuted on the company’s streaming service and in select movie theaters on Christmas Day.

“As fans around the world continue to embrace Diana Prince, driving the strong opening weekend performance of ‘Wonder Woman 1984,’ we are excited to be able to continue her story with our real life Wonder Women — Gal and Patty — who will return to conclude the long-planned theatrical trilogy,” said Warner Bros. chief Toby Emmerich.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And that's me out. I dug a bit and found Patty Jenkins didn't have any writing credits on the first movie, which was excellent. She both wrote and directed the second one, which was atrocious almost solely because of the writing. She's going to write the third? No thank you!

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I love Gal too much not to see it.

She's the best part of the movie.

Leaving the rape aspect to the side, how much would it suck to be the guy who Steve takes over and find out that you had sex with Gal but can't remember any of it? That's just cruel. :cry:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's the best part of the movie.

Leaving the rape aspect to the side, how much would it suck to be the guy who Steve takes over and find out that you had sex with Gal but can't remember any of it? That's just cruel. :cry:

SNL HAS to do a sketch about what happened to that guy post Pine leaving his body. Got fired because he never showed up for work for a week, girlfriend broke up with him because she saw him with Dianna making out, etc.etc., all making him HATE Wonder Woman and becoming the next BIG BAD in WW3, when he gets her imprisoned for rape.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard someone made a really good comparison for who Gal Gadot is to movies right now... a female Arnold Schwarzenegger. Neither were great actors, but they both have such incredible physicality, charm, natural charisma and great cosmic timing, that they just pull focus away from everything else on screen and it’s kinda impossible not to love them. Just incredibly watchable.

she’s got an action movie coming out with the Rock next year called Red Notice. I totally expect her to steal the show.

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I think someone made a really good comparison for who Gal Gadot is to movies right now... a female Arnold Schwarzenegger. Neither were great actors, but they both have such incredible physicality, charm, natural charisma and great cosmic timing, that they just pull focus away from everything else on screen and it’s kinda impossible not to love them. Just incredibly watchable.

she’s got an action movie coming out with the Rock next year called Red Notice. I totally expect her to steal the show.

That's a really good comp. It totally fits. Neither of them have great range but that have that presence and it factor that makes me want to watch their movies. Now we just need to get Gal her T2 equivalent.

Stout

Reaction score
I heard someone made a really good comparison for who Gal Gadot is to movies right now... a female Arnold Schwarzenegger. Neither were great actors, but they both have such incredible physicality, charm, natural charisma and great cosmic timing, that they just pull focus away from everything else on screen and it’s kinda impossible not to love them. Just incredibly watchable.

Eh, she needs to prove she can do it without playing WW first. Very, very limited sample size. I remember before she started acting I thought Rhonda Rousey could be that, with that hot crap-eating grin she has. I was so wrong.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Eh, she needs to prove she can do it without playing WW first. Very, very limited sample size. I remember before she started acting I thought Rhonda Rousey could be that, with that hot crap-eating grin she has. I was so wrong.

Gina Carano might be a good candidate for it too after the Mandalorian. There's a been a big fan reaction to her and she's been really fan friendly. Physically she's the closest to Arnold too. I buy her in an action role too whereas some of these 90 lbs actresses they're hiring for them are laughable.

Stout

Reaction score
Gina Carano might be a good candidate for it too after the Mandalorian. There's a been a big fan reaction to her and she's been really fan friendly. Physically she's the closest to Arnold too. I buy her in an action role too whereas some of these 90 lbs actresses they're hiring for them are laughable.

Nah. I've never seen her in Mandalorian, but she was in a few other movies. Decent actress, but nothing like as good as Ahnold.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Nah. I've never seen her in Mandalorian, but she was in a few other movies. Decent actress, but nothing like as good as Ahnold.

I didn't think much of her before Mandalorian. She has the sample size problem like Gal though. I need to see some more titles from her.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The writing on WW84 was pretty bad. If Jenkins is writing #3 then I don’t have a lot of hope for it.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agreed. She doesn’t have much of a presence, IMO.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That article also hints that Cavill and Momoa might be out too. If I’m Gunn, Im keeping them moving forward for a couple of movies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That article also hints that Cavill and Momoa might be out too. If I’m Gunn, Im keeping them moving forward for a couple of movies.
Man… that would really wipe the slate clean.

Probably for the best if Gunn is really dedicated to building this world.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they keep Cavill and Gadot and reboot the DC world to some extent. Not sure about Affleck. Ezra is obviously out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they keep Cavill and Gadot and reboot the DC world to some extent. Not sure about Affleck. Ezra is obviously out.
affleck sucks as batman. he's too ben affleck to be Batman. pattison was okay but emo bruce just sucked a lot of life out of that story for me.

but they're both clearly miles below Bale and Keaton as far as wearing the cape and cowl.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose