BR: Most likely landing spots for Patrick Peterson.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
we are losing Redick and I’m fine with that. Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, career bust plays out of his mind in his contract year.

by the way he isn’t even really playing out of his mind. He’s just playing great compared to what we expect from him. Take away 1 game this year and his stats aren’t impressive at all.
I would transition tag him and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not dialed in to NFL front offices. So, if Keim can pull off a trade I'm not expecting, or there's going to be a #1 starting CB cut in the offseason due to cap issues, I can't predict that.

I'd argue it's lazy for you to say "I'd just start some rookies," as if there was ever a moment in the modern era where a team made a playoff run starting two guys who will likely be something like the 4th and 11th best guys that we HAD to take. Especially with Keim drafting, who has delivered us next to nothing in terms of quality, consistent starters outside of Kyler Murray and Budda Baker.

At this point, it's Peterson derangement syndrome. I'd love to get some fresh blood and pay less myself, but upgrades are really hard to come by.
I’m so confused.

Why do you keep saying this like next season will be the very last season ever? Like it’s our very last chance at a playoff run ever?

Why do you assume a rookie wouldn’t come in & play better than Peterson? Which has been trash.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Your post is right on. Despite some people's petersons derangement syndrome he's still one of the best cbs in the NFL. In fact, no one has covered Metcalf better this year. And young corners get smoked in the NFL. The game is stacked against CBs. Dvontel always backs Murphy, but no one get picked on more and had give up more 3rd down completions. I would resign peterson and Kirkpatrick at this point. We need some young talent but it's not a position you rely on a rookie.

QBs are completing 67% of passes against him. 99 QB rating when targeted. Offers zero in the run game. You can't tell me that those #s equate to one of the best in the game.

If he one of the top 25? Sure.

Do 30 years old CBs get better? No.

How much you paying?

Joe Haden's numbers are 51% comp and 76 QB rating and he makes 11 mil.

Janoris Jenkins numbers are 60% comp and 81 QB rating and he makes 7.8 mil.

His OTC proj is 7.3 mil. Spotrac's is 11.4 mil. I know which his production points to.

Oh and for reference, Chidobe Awuzie stats are 61% comp and 106 QB rating so you can argue that Peterson's production is fairly easy to find.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For the record, I am not on the @DVontel train of let him go no matter what, but I am on the train of there is a level of production we are getting and there is an appropriate dollar amount to pay for it. I have said in this thread, 3 yrs totaling 21 mil is ok with me, but I don't personally believe that is the type of number Peterson is looking for.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the record, I am not on the @DVontel train of let him go no matter what, but I am on the train of there is a level of production we are getting and there is an appropriate dollar amount to pay for it. I have said in this thread, 3 yrs totaling 21 mil is ok with me, but I don't personally believe that is the type of number Peterson is looking for.

Your insighfull post backed up with numbers show how average he was in coverage the whole season
With many veterans better then him in this area averaging 8/9, mil for year
Then there is also the running game as u mentioned and peterson is one of the worst (but likely the worst) cb's against the run and as an open field tackler

So i think the 7 millions for year are still generous

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was with you until Fat Alshon made him his prison lover. That is the matchup he is supposed to still be able to win and he got abused. I can argue Chidobe Awuzie could do that same job and will cost half the money if not less.

this might be the site’s line of the year. Fitting for 2020.

and I agree with you.

also, didn’t the panthers run two rookie corners the year they went to the super bowl?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’m so confused.

Why do you keep saying this like next season will be the very last season ever? Like it’s our very last chance at a playoff run ever?

Why do you assume a rookie wouldn’t come in & play better than Peterson? Which has been trash.
Year 3 of a #1 overall rookie QB's contract should be the peak year we contend for a championship with a stacked roster and cap flexibility, not a throwaway season where we count on rookie CBs to get burned all year, and say "there's always next year."

At the end of next season, most likely, we're signing Kyler to an extension of more than $40 million per year, probably more like $45 million, depending on what Josh Allen ends up with.

People are already calling for Keim/Kingsbury's head. Is that going to be alleviated with a down year of grooming some young guys?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was with you until Fat Alshon made him his prison lover. That is the matchup he is supposed to still be able to win and he got abused. I can argue Chidobe Awuzie could do that same job and will cost half the money if not less.

last week was truly pathetic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your post is right on. Despite some people's petersons derangement syndrome he's still one of the best cbs in the NFL.

you either live in an alternate reality or you don’t watch football outside of the Cardinals.

that washed up puss got ABUSED by Fat Alshon last week. He does NOTHING as far as team D. And he’s going to want a check his old non-PED ass can’t check.

If you want to win, you need to check sentimentality at the door. Kirkpatrick isn’t very good, but he’s been almost as good as PP this year if not even and will cost 1/6th the price.

If you want to sign the YOUNG IMPACT talent like Reddick you can’t waste money on low and continually getting lower old talent, especially at CB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not dialed in to NFL front offices. So, if Keim can pull off a trade I'm not expecting, or there's going to be a #1 starting CB cut in the offseason due to cap issues, I can't predict that.

I'd argue it's lazy for you to say "I'd just start some rookies," as if there was ever a moment in the modern era where a team made a playoff run starting two guys who will likely be something like the 4th and 11th best guys that we HAD to take. Especially with Keim drafting, who has delivered us next to nothing in terms of quality, consistent starters outside of Kyler Murray and Budda Baker.

At this point, it's Peterson derangement syndrome. I'd love to get some fresh blood and pay less myself, but upgrades are really hard to come by.

beyond stupid. Peterson is a number 2 CB, AT BEST, who’s getting WORSE every year. And one who’s going to want big money.

thtowing money at the past instead of players for the future is a sure fire way to continue our losing ways.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we are losing Redick and I’m fine with that. Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, career bust plays out of his mind in his contract year.

by the way he isn’t even really playing out of his mind. He’s just playing great compared to what we expect from him. Take away 1 game this year and his stats aren’t impressive at all.

stop me if you’ve heard this before. Team drafts OLB, plays him out of position for three years. In his first year at his correct position makes himself an impact players immediately.

12.5 sacks, 14 tackles for loss, 12 QB hits, 7.5 fumbles forced. You don’t let guys like that walk at 26. At the VERY LEAST you tag him and make him prove it again ala Humphries.

Even if you take away the Giants game or at least give him or sack or two, you’ve got a young guy with 9.5 sacks, 12 tackles for loss, and 4 fumbles forced with a game to go.

valuing an old and getting older, over the hill CB who hasn’t been good since he was on PEDs and has gotten progressIvely worse the two years after is beyond shortsighted.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
beyond stupid. Peterson is a number 2 CB, AT BEST, who’s getting WORSE every year. And one who’s going to want big money.

thtowing money at the past instead of players for the future is a sure fire way to continue our losing ways.
Great, we can skip having a #1 OR #2 to start Byron Murphy in the slot and get absolutely destroyed all year. Kirkpatrick will be a fine #1 CB. We still have Alford, right? Maybe keep him?

Everyone seems to hate Peterson, but has no other idea of how to fix it.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great, we can skip having a #1 OR #2 to start Byron Murphy in the slot and get absolutely destroyed all year. Kirkpatrick will be a fine #1 CB. We still have Alford, right? Maybe keep him?

So what’s been going on this year?

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even if we drafted the best CB in the draft it is all for nothing if VJ still runs the D. He would only get 10%of snaps and be benched the first time he’s burned... he’d probably stick Hicks at CB

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
So what’s been going on this year?
I'll admit, I'm not going back and watching tape of each play he's involved in. I won't proclaim he hasn't lost a step.

But I'll ask again, again, and again... what's the replacement? Rookies, I guess... maybe bad CBs in their 30s from other teams?

I don't know, I guess it doesn't really matter. The Cards are still dramatically far away from contending for anything outside of miracle runs.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m so confused.

Because he's a rookie with a world to learn, DUH!

(And every year by definition is a playoff run.)

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peterson will want more money than the Cards are willing to pay him. However, some team will and he'll be gone.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Draft the best CB available with our 2021 first round pick. That's how it gets fixed hopefully. PP21 is the best we have right now yes but he's a step slow. Younger WR's run right by him every Sunday. He makes his share of plays but he doesn't have the speed he once did. He doesn't tackle for $#\+

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
stop me if you’ve heard this before. Team drafts OLB, plays him out of position for three years. In his first year at his correct position makes himself an impact players immediately.

12.5 sacks, 14 tackles for loss, 12 QB hits, 7.5 fumbles forced. You don’t let guys like that walk at 26. At the VERY LEAST you tag him and make him prove it again ala Humphries.

Even if you take away the Giants game or at least give him or sack or two, you’ve got a young guy with 9.5 sacks, 12 tackles for loss, and 4 fumbles forced with a game to go.

valuing an old and getting older, over the hill CB who hasn’t been good since he was on PEDs and has gotten progressIvely worse the two years after is beyond shortsighted.

well no we are taking away 1 game not take away then add this or that. I was saying take away 1 single game and his stats aren’t good. 7.5 sacks and 3 FF isn’t something I’m losing sleep over losing. that’s what you’ve gotten in 14 games this year.

where was he last week? If you wanna call Peterson names and talk about how much he sucks then Redick is right there with him in the games we stunk it up in.

he’s also been played at as a pass rusher in the past let’s not act like he hasn’t had chances this is his 4th year.

I’m all for letting Peterson go if you can upgrade if he doesn’t want to take a pay cut. Same with Fitz we got way to much money in both those guys.

if NE wants a 1 for Gilmore I do it, if Miami wants a 1 for Xavien Howard I do it.

I’m not interested in rookies next year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
well no we are taking away 1 game not take away then add this or that. I was saying take away 1 single game and his stats aren’t good. 7.5 sacks and 3 FF isn’t something I’m losing sleep over losing. that’s what you’ve gotten in 14 games this year.

where was he last week? If you wanna call Peterson names and talk about how much he sucks then Redick is right there with him in the games we stunk it up in.

he’s also been played at as a pass rusher in the past let’s not act like he hasn’t had chances this is his 4th year.

I’m all for letting Peterson go if you can upgrade if he doesn’t want to take a pay cut. Same with Fitz we got way to much money in both those guys.

if NE wants a 1 for Gilmore I do it, if Miami wants a 1 for Xavien Howard I do it.

Reddick had 1.5 sacks last week....and you're not getting sacks when a team is running the ball down your throat.

Beathard only had 22 pass attempts and was sacked 3 times. That's a sack ever 7ish attempts. That's pretty high.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Reddick had 1.5 sacks last and a forced fumble. That’s where he was.

And why do you guys keep insisting ONLY a rookie will replace Peterson? There’s FA and we’d be able to use some of the money on CB that we wouldn’t be spending on an aging, slowing CB.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And why do you guys keep insisting ONLY a rookie will replace Peterson? There’s FA and we’d be able to use some of the money on CB that we wouldn’t be spending on an aging, slowing CB.

where did I say a rookie would replace him? Matter fact I just said I’m willing to trade a 1 for a CB if we need to.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

what would you pay Reddick?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I will never understand the “take that game away” argument. It was a scheduled game. It was played. He made those plays. The plays and game counted. Why take it away? Silly argumentation.