BR: Most likely landing spots for Patrick Peterson.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would be ok offering a a 3 for 21 to Peterson. I don't think he would take it but it would show we tried to keep one of our own.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would be ok offering a a 3 for 21 to Peterson. I don't think he would take it but it would show we tried to keep one of our own.

We’ve been paying Larry $11 million per year to be one of the worst starting WRs in the NFL—a position much more replaceable than starting corner.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have been one of the biggest "trade peterson" people on the board for a couple of years. But since we didn't go down that road, then I think we should make him a decent offer and then let the chips fall where they may.

He is our best CB, and definitely still "good starter" quality in terms of CBs. He is not elite, he is not a guy you trade a ton of picks for like Ramsey...but hes good, even if hes is not as good as he used to be.

In the down cap covid offseason, I might offer him 10 million a year. In a different year he might get 15....but I dont think he will get it. He might get 11 from another team, but to stay in AZ, like he says he now wants to maybe he would take it.

If Peterson is being paid equal to what he produces, I want to keep him. Same as Fitz.

If he wants elite money, then we need to be strong enough as an organization to say "We hate to see you go, but we have to get what we pay for".

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peterson is trash & soft even for CB standards. Shouldn’t be nowhere near this team next season. He’s not even our “best” CB either. Get him off the damn team. Would find much more joy with two rookies starting than him being back.

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
Peterson is trash & soft even for CB standards. Shouldn’t be nowhere near this team next season. He’s not even our “best” CB either. Get him off the damn team. Would find much more joy with two rookies starting than him being back.
I agree. He can’t cover and his penalties kill us especially on third down. Never makes a tackle and hides from contact. Terrible me first attitude that infects younger players. Sooner he is gone the better

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We’ve been paying Larry $11 million per year to be one of the worst starting WRs in the NFL—a position much more replaceable than starting corner.
And many of us thought that was a mistake this year.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
4 years 50 million
20 mil signing bonus guaranteed 38 million (in agent terms/talk)

First first year salary 1 mil- cap hit 6 mil
Second year 7 mil - cap hit 12 mil
Third year 10 mil - cap hit 15 mil
Fourth year 12 mil - cap hit 17.

Cut him in year 4 with only 5 million dead money.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe you guys are throwing more money at a guy who is on the wrong side of 30, hasn’t been good since he took PEDs, has gotten progressively worse each season, and will only continue to do so as age catches up more to him than it already has.

do you really think we’re going to give Peterson 8 or 10 million per year AND be able to keep Reddick? Value the guys still in their prime that are actually GOOD, not guys way passed their prime who are only getting worse.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I can’t believe you guys are throwing more money at a guy who is on the wrong side of 30, hasn’t been good since he took PEDs, has gotten progressively worse each season, and will only continue to do so as age catches up more to him than it already has.

do you really think we’re going to give Peterson 8 or 10 million per year AND be able to keep Reddick? Value the guys still in their prime that are actually GOOD, not guys way passed their prime who are only getting worse.
I said 7 mil, stop yelling at me! :)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I'm paying him because there are literally no better options.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/cornerback/

There's not a name on that list outside of Peterson I feel comfortable paying and making a starter. And we need two.

If we follow DVontel's lead and run with two rookie CBs, I can practically guarantee we'll be a last place defense. Our best possible draft position is #16. And it would be a complete roster failure for Keim to tip his hand and say "we're going to get our starting corners from the draft," so any other CB needy teams can jump ahead of us and take their guy.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

There's not a name on that list outside of Peterson I feel comfortable paying and making a starter. And we need two.

If we follow DVontel's lead and run with two rookie CBs, I can practically guarantee we'll be a last place defense. Our best possible draft position is #16. And it would be a complete roster failure for Keim to tip his hand and say "we're going to get our starting corners from the draft," so any other CB needy teams can jump ahead of us and take their guy.

I have stated this before, with the rookie QB contract window, we cannot entrust our secondary to rookies learning on the job. If we can build up our DL, we can possibly get by with some average but experienced CBs... but then again that position is elusive for vets and frankly that's what Peterson is now for the most part but the market decides the price

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have stated this before, with the rookie QB contract window, we cannot entrust our secondary to rookies learning on the job. If we can build up our DL, we can possibly get by with some average but experienced CBs... but then again that position is elusive for vets and frankly that's what Peterson is now for the most part but the market decides the price
I was with you until Fat Alshon made him his prison lover. That is the matchup he is supposed to still be able to win and he got abused. I can argue Chidobe Awuzie could do that same job and will cost half the money if not less.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Really? I lost track of the number of games peterson gave up 2 or less catches. Did he shut down everyone? No, but in today's nfl that isn't possible. I saw Gilmore and ramsey get beat plenty this year.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is just so lazy.

So lazy.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i would sign both Jason Verret and Ankhello Weatherspoon
Verret has been very good on Hopkins

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is just so lazy.

So lazy.
I'm not dialed in to NFL front offices. So, if Keim can pull off a trade I'm not expecting, or there's going to be a #1 starting CB cut in the offseason due to cap issues, I can't predict that.

I'd argue it's lazy for you to say "I'd just start some rookies," as if there was ever a moment in the modern era where a team made a playoff run starting two guys who will likely be something like the 4th and 11th best guys that we HAD to take. Especially with Keim drafting, who has delivered us next to nothing in terms of quality, consistent starters outside of Kyler Murray and Budda Baker.

At this point, it's Peterson derangement syndrome. I'd love to get some fresh blood and pay less myself, but upgrades are really hard to come by.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol. if its at the expense of losing Redick, he can kick rocks.

we are losing Redick and I’m fine with that. Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, career bust plays out of his mind in his contract year.

by the way he isn’t even really playing out of his mind. He’s just playing great compared to what we expect from him. Take away 1 game this year and his stats aren’t impressive at all.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I'm not dialed in to NFL front offices. So, if Keim can pull off a trade I'm not expecting, or there's going to be a #1 starting CB cut in the offseason due to cap issues, I can't predict that.

I'd argue it's lazy for you to say "I'd just start some rookies," as if there was ever a moment in the modern era where a team made a playoff run starting two guys who will likely be something like the 4th and 11th best guys that we HAD to take. Especially with Keim drafting, who has delivered us next to nothing in terms of quality, consistent starters outside of Kyler Murray and Budda Baker.

At this point, it's Peterson derangement syndrome. I'd love to get some fresh blood and pay less myself, but upgrades are really hard to come by.

Your post is right on. Despite some people's petersons derangement syndrome he's still one of the best cbs in the NFL. In fact, no one has covered Metcalf better this year. And young corners get smoked in the NFL. The game is stacked against CBs. Dvontel always backs Murphy, but no one get picked on more and had give up more 3rd down completions. I would resign peterson and Kirkpatrick at this point. We need some young talent but it's not a position you rely on a rookie.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose