Suns @ Jazz Thursday game thread 12-31-2020

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Payne has a tough match-up in Clarkson. We may need to put Bridges on JC.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some comments from Jae Crowder after the Pelicans game about the Suns work ethic.

Carter, Galloway and Kaminsky put in extra work after the game.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

"A lot of guys want it," Suns forward Jae Crowder said. "A lot of guys want to be good, want to be special. Want to do something special. Once you got that, you just got to continue to just make the days count. That's what I've been preaching to the guys. Make the days count and it will pay off at the right time. Just continue to stay with the grind."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"The other half of our team got a lift in right after the game," Crowder said. "We just finished up."

Who lifted?

"Everybody," said a smiling Crowder. "Other half of the team."

Really?

"Seriously," Crowder continued. "What you did not see (on the court), everybody else got a lift in today all after the game. Seriously."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...int-win-over-new-orleans-pelicans/4084641001/

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am curious to see whether preseason was just preseason or an actual representation of these two teams.

This Suns team seems like it is starting to click. It has the makings of being one of those great team-ball teams, like the last championship Pistons or the more recent Warriors. If that is the case, the more they play, the better they should get over the next two months or so as they really learn one another.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am curious to see whether preseason was just preseason or an actual representation of these two teams.

This Suns team seems like it is starting to click. It has the makings of being one of those great team-ball teams, like the last championship Pistons or the more recent Warriors. If that is the case, the more they play, the better they should get over the next two months or so as they really learn one another.

Also I'm thinking the new training facility makes it so much easier and convenient for players to put in the extra effort and bond doing so. It must be nice to have the facility where it's easy to use.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder emphasized the importance of rebounding tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty's door is always open to players.

Needless to say how important it was for the Suns to hire a head coach with the high moral caliber of Monty.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think if he runs and rebounds on the offensive boards like he did last game, that will really open things up for us!

yes, he needs to exploit his movement advantage by running hard all game

if he gets to his spot early that leads to lots of rim gravity which opens up things for our shooters

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Also I'm thinking the new training facility makes it so much easier and convenient for players to put in the extra effort and bond doing so. It must be nice to have the facility where it's easy to use.

Did Sarver pay for the entire cost of the facility? I know a portion of the luxury additions to the arena were financed by the public.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Sarver pay for the entire cost of the facility? I know a portion of the luxury additions to the arena were financed by the public.

The new training facility was privately financed by the Suns. It is a huge boost to the Suns and no doubt helped them recruit in free agency.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jae Crowder emphasized the importance of rebounding tonight.

I was going to mention this earlier, my thought is that if Ayton can get the upper hand on rebounding or at least equal to Gobert then we have a good chance of winning. We need to limit their 2nd chance points.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to mention this earlier, my thought is that if Ayton can get the upper hand on rebounding or at least equal to Gobert then we have a good chance of winning. We need to limit their 2nd chance points.

Especially no second shots for Bogdanovic, Mitchell and Clarkson.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
They could both maybe play for a team that wasnt so deep. I think the idea is that there is no hurry to bring either back, give them some extra heal time and bring them back to the rotation when someone else needs a break.
Yep, we've got more guards than we can play. No reason to rush Nader back. And Smith is a luxury. We can afford to take our time with them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says Abdel Nader has just started shooting on the floor as he works his way back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the starting lineups.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Just into the pre-game show and we already have 46 posts for tonight's game.

My best wishes to our fellow posters for a Happier 2021.

It should be another fun game to watch. What a bench!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson