Mason Cole 4 false starts as center

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cole is Shipley. A guy the coaches trust for some unknown reason that’s never going to be top shelf.

Ive been told NFL coaches are the best at what they do in the world when it comes to 4th down decisionmaking. I guess center selection decisionmaking they struggle with?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shipley is a couple levels better than Cole has been lately. Shipley was a perfectly cromulent player that would be the 4th or 5th best guy on a good line. Cole right now is a dumpster fire.

I actually don't think Cole is bad after the snap; I don't see him being overpowered much. But he can't hurt the drive with extremely dumb false starts.

So u think what makes him inadequate his just the snapping part, after that he is serviceable?

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know the doubts about Vance Joseph can be legit
But the offensive line coach is one of the most respected positional coach in the nfl
Why he should prefer playing with Cole instead the fan favorite Galliard
Did he lose his mind?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know the doubts about Vance Joseph can be legit
But the offensive line coach is one of the most respected positional coach in the nfl
Why he should prefer playing with Cole instead the fan favorite Galliard
Did he lose his mind?
It’s why I haven’t jumped in the galliard bandwagon. There must be a reason the coaches favor mason. I just don’t know what they are.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Cole seems like he will end up as a reserve OL. Maybe he is viewed as a Pugh replacement. He hasn't taken the step the Cardinals need at C though.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cole seems like he will end up as a reserve OL. Maybe he is viewed as a Pugh replacement. He hasn't taken the step the Cardinals need at C though.

I’ve seen the center get blown up to many times when Cole is there. Middle of O Line is soft.

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
I’ve seen the center get blown up to many times when Cole is there. Middle of O Line is soft.

This is why I’d still like to see the team continue to address the OL in the off-season. Continuity helps, so I’m not suggesting blowing up the whole line, but we need to firm up the interior of the line.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Without discipline it's difficult to create a legacy

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I'm guessing that Gaillard makes more assignment mistakes than Cole, because to me Gaillard looks a lot more stout and physical than Cole.

Reaction score
I think it is a bit naive to think that this is not a Kugler call. So, you guys either trust Kugler or not.
There’s got to be something we don’t see that kugler sees at this juncture.

I think he does struggle with the line calls. That would be a good reason to start Cole over Galliard. Even though Galliard is better at the point of attack.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson