Rams put Michael Brockers on COVID-19 list

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Then you must believe kliff and co should be canned, right?
I'm on the fence with Kliff but leaning more and more to pushing that one over, the reason I have not yet is I think as a whole he has helped our young QB and the offense has looked a lot better and really do not want to juggle this offense with Kyler. The real fly in the ointment for me is Keim. He sucks at drafting but great at free agency but when you have a young dynamic QB on a rookie contract, well now the importance is the draft for the future before that salary goes boom with Kyler. Maybe you keep Keim for another year to pad holes with free agency but we cannot keep drafting like this with Kliff or not

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Harris could start this game & McVay would still outscheme Joseph & put up 24 points. We only scored 28 because the Rams went into a soft zone after they realized they could have scored 50 if need be. Our D needs to create turnovers & short fields. Will they? One thing is certain. I’ve been a Cardinal fan way too long to ever think we have the upper hand in ANY game.

To be fair the game was close most of the game, it really only became one sided when Murray threw the picksix. IT was still a 10 point game with 10 minutes left after the Rams scored, but then Kyler threw the picksix. So yes the last TD was garbage time but the first 21 points were not and we had already put up 2 TD's in the 2nd half on a team that had only given up 1 the whole year. The 2nd one came off a fumbled punt return so short field but the first one was a 15 play drive. Down 10 we drove 75 yards for a TD, down 10 again we got the fumble and scored. Down 10 again, Kyler threw the picksix

The first half was bad, scored on the first drive on the Arnold TD and then had four straight 3 and outs before a 6 play drive where Zane missed a FG.

2nd half we scored on 2 of the first 3 drives but then Kyler lost a fumble and then a picksix.

So which Cardinal team shows up the one in the first half save the first drive, or the one in the second half, hopefully save the turnovers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm on the fence with Kliff but leaning more and more to pushing that one over, the reason I have not yet is I think as a whole he has helped our young QB and the offense has looked a lot better and really do not want to juggle this offense with Kyler. The real fly in the ointment for me is Keim. He sucks at drafting but great at free agency but when you have a young dynamic QB on a rookie contract, well now the importance is the draft for the future before that salary goes boom with Kyler. Maybe you keep Keim for another year to pad holes with free agency but we cannot keep drafting like this with Kliff or not
Beaten Cardinals Syndrome aside, if you honestly believe we shouldn’t beat this Rams team you shouldn’t be in the fence. We are likely as healthy as any team in the league at week 17. This iteration of the Rams should be beaten by almost every mediocre or better team in the league with our state of health.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have an awful feeling we win this game and then get decimated by Covid for the playoffs.
That could happen. Then we settle in for a lindley-lead-type performance. But at least we are watching cardinals football for one more week.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the most ridiculous preemptive apologist statement I’ve ever read on ASFN given the present facts.

being fortunate to EVEN BEING IN THE GAME? Jesus. I feel like some people here never watch football outside of the Cardinals. Should we blow this team out? No. We're obviously not good enough to come anywhere close to that. Should we at least be IN THE GAME, beyond a doubt yet unless you just have complete choking incompetence at the head of the snake.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No... Keim is great at TRADES. He sucks at FA also... Campbell, Hicks, Kennard, Phillips, Alford. All big money guys, some who can't even stay on the field and others who just flat out suck at this point.

Keim is the LAST person I want padding holes with FAs.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Beaten Cardinals Syndrome aside, if you honestly believe we shouldn’t beat this Rams team you shouldn’t be in the fence. We are likely as healthy as any team in the league at week 17. This iteration of the Rams should be beaten by almost every mediocre or better team in the league with our state of health.
You are probably more than correct with the whole 'beaten Cardinals Syndrome' since I have had to endure this for decades, and that automatically plays into any analysis I might have because I look at this on paper and the stakes at hand and then it has the opposite effect on me. The more positives I find, the more I expect things to go wrong, and then I look at a young coach and QB and think they have no idea of the history of the franchise they are going against... oh look, Neil O'Donoghe just missed a field goal for the playoffs, Plummer did not turn out to be our franchise QB, Lomax has lost his hip in his prime, Eric Swann follows Lomax's cue and Santonio Holmes just went ahead for the go ahead score lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I value your opinion. I don't agree.

I never said we wouldn't be caught. I said we could count on Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota losing the necessary games. I made no predictions on our record over the last four or five games. Things changed because we lost to SF.

The Niners, Pats, Lions losses this year...

All 3 way more embarrassing and devastating to our season than a loss to the Rams. We never should have been in this position. So, I count at least 3 worse losses THIS season.

Just my humble opinion.

eh... I won't quibble too much with the above. A loss to the Rams' JV team would just be the cherry on top of the ish-sunday we got served down the stretch.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
No... Keim is great at TRADES. He sucks at FA also... Campbell, Hicks, Kennard, Phillips, Alford. All big money guys, some who can't even stay on the field and others who just flat out suck at this point.

Correct, I rather meant acquiring guys not though the draft

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Campbell was getting a lot of love before the bye and he deserved it. He has certainly not been that dynamic down the stretch. I wonder if he's never quite gotten back to full speed after he hurt his ankle. Whatever, he hasn't been the same.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Campbell was getting a lot of love before the bye and he deserved it. He has certainly not been that dynamic down the stretch. I wonder if he's never quite gotten back to full speed after he hurt his ankle. Whatever, he hasn't been the same.

He has really disappointed the second half of the season.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
This isn’t rocket science & stats don’t lie. I don’t care who’s missing on the Rams O. Their Passing D is #1 in the NFL & their running D is #3. We struggled against the Niners D because it too was ranked top 5-10 in both categories. Until we fix the interior of of our OL, and add other offensive weapons around Murray, the results are not going to change. If our D doesn’t create some shorter fields on Sunday, we will be FORTUNATE to even be in this game. Winning is still a long shot.

I agree with PACardsFan. This Rams defense is tremendous with arguably the two best defensive players in the league in Donald and Ramsey. I think Brandon Staley is a great young defensive coordinator and I think the Rams will come out like a wounded animal. We'll be lucky to score 14 points in this one.

Unfortunately, I have little confidence in our defense and we've shown no ability to stop a McVay coached offense. Even with a host of backups playing, I expect the Rams to put up more than 14 points.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with PACardsFan. This Rams defense is tremendous with arguably the two best defensive players in the league in Donald and Ramsey. I think Brandon Staley is a great young defensive coordinator and I think the Rams will come out like a wounded animal. We'll be lucky to score 14 points in this one.

Unfortunately, I have little confidence in our defense and we've shown no ability to stop a McVay coached offense. Even with a host of backups playing, I expect the Rams to put up more than 14 points.

Basically u are saying the Cardinals team is worse then the Jets, so isnt wrong to say would be inexcusable
Despite the talent of Murray and Hopkins, it's like admitting is bad bulit roster with even worse coaching

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Basically u are saying the Cardinals team is worse then the Jets, so isnt wrong to say would be inexcusable

This is absurd. I didn't say the Cardinals are worse than the Jets. The Jets are 2-13, and the Cardinals are 8-7. Losing to a team that was previously upset by a crappy team, doesn't make you worse than the crappy team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is absurd. I didn't say the Cardinals are worse than the Jets. The Jets are 2-13, and the Cardinals are 8-7. Losing to a team that was previously upset by a crappy team, doesn't make you worse than the crappy team.
Hmm, if you’re anticipating that the 8-7 team will lose to a team that lost to a 2-13 team that has also now lost all its weapons, yeah I think that’s a reasonable interpretation of your position.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Yes it was embarrassing. That’s because we’re not a good football team. Murray hides so many of our offensive warts. Until we fix our OL & find at least 2 more legit NFL WR’s, this offense will struggle against a legit D like the Rams.

If the Rams D is so legit, how did the Jets beat them?

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
The shorter the race in track, the less distance between two is ample reason to say you got your ass kicked. Now I think Hopkins summed it up best when he said this league is built for a lot of 8-8 teams, meaning anyone can beat you. This game is coming down to field position and who has the less turnovers provided we stop the run. The issue is that this team does not have a consistent grind it out offense, so even with a backup QB and missing other weapons on the Rams' offense, then us facing a top defense will probably put us more in harms way because our offense has to be more open to move the damn ball. Really, we seem better off trying to get five yards than one. The Rams are going to try and run the ball and in the meantime rely on their defense waiting for us to get impatient and then make a mistake shortening the field for their offense to be able to score

This will be a close game, a physical game, whether the Cardinals want it or not, with the loser feeling they got their ass kicked no matter how close it gets

I got one for you. Who is the most valuable player for the Rams in this game? Johnny Hekker, their punter. Don't laugh, if you remember how that guy pinned us in the first game... their punter and their defense is what we are going to have to overcome if we want a win

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s really shocking to me. I mean, even as a darksider I can see how we could fail, but that doesn’t mean I would expect it given the present fact set.

I expect to win.

The Rams we are going to play this Sunday are still better than the Niners we played last Saturday.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I'm obviously hoping the Cards win, and think we have a reasonable chance to win, now that the Rams offense is missing some of their firepower. My concern is that the strongest part of the Rams team this year is their defense, and the Rams have not "lost all of its weapons" on their defense. Their losses have been primarily on their offensive side.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave