Rams put Michael Brockers on COVID-19 list

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they lose this one it will be a wound difficult to heal for the future of the organization
Not really. The Rams are still a significantly better team than the Cardinals. Without Murray, this is a 4-12 team. And the Rams have a legit coaching staff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is just no excuse to lose this game at this point except that the obvious is proven true... we have incompetence running through the organization.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not really. The Rams are still a significantly better team than the Cardinals. Without Murray, this is a 4-12 team. And the Rams have a legit coaching staff.
A significantly better team that will be 3rd in division with lose to Cardinals & possibly out of playoffs cause they couldn't beat the Jets @ home

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh.

This wouldn't come close to making the "Top Ten Embarrassing Losses Arizona Cardinals" list.

that's nonsense, IMO. Yes, the 62-0 drubbing was horrific, but that was an AWFUL Cardinals team, with nothing on the line playing a great Seattle team. Same with most of the other drubbings... terrible teams get killed.

Teams with ANY expectations losing back to back weeks against opponents JV Teams with a chance to make the playoffs, AFTER blowing what looked like an insurmountable lead for the final playoff spot (I believe it was actually you who proclaimed none of the teams would ever catch us if we fell apart) would be beyond pathetic, IMO.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score

I don't really think so. The Rams have just one more win and have lost to some questionable teams including the winless jets. Better than the Cardinals at full strength I would agree but down their starting QB, Number 1 WR, Number 1 and 2 RB, and one of their better D-lineman make the cardinals the better team right now on paper. Coaching is another matter tho.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This isn’t rocket science & stats don’t lie. I don’t care who’s missing on the Rams O. Their Passing D is #1 in the NFL & their running D is #3. We struggled against the Niners D because it too was ranked top 5-10 in both categories. Until we fix the interior of of our OL, and add other offensive weapons around Murray, the results are not going to change. If our D doesn’t create some shorter fields on Sunday, we will be FORTUNATE to even be in this game. Winning is still a long shot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cmon man. Last week was embarrassing. This would be inexcusable.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
that's nonsense, IMO. Yes, the 62-0 drubbing was horrific, but that was an AWFUL Cardinals team, with nothing on the line playing a great Seattle team. Same with most of the other drubbings... terrible teams get killed.

Teams with ANY expectations losing back to back weeks against opponents JV Teams with a chance to make the playoffs, AFTER blowing what looked like an insurmountable lead for the final playoff spot (I believe it was actually you who proclaimed none of the teams would ever catch us if we fell apart) would be beyond pathetic, IMO.

Agree... should this team lose back to back weeks to a decimated and horrific 9er team that had just lost to the winless Jets the previous week and when a win would've all but secured a post-season birth, and then lose the very next week to a Rams team that will be fielding an equally decimated team and when this time, a win 100% guarantees a playoff birth... Yes. I believe this 2-week stretch would have to be considered among the top, most crushing, embarrassing stretches in Cards history. And IMHO, Kliffy should lose his job if this were to come to fruition.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cmon man. Last week was embarrassing. This would be inexcusable.
Yes it was embarrassing. That’s because we’re not a good football team. Murray hides so many of our offensive warts. Until we fix our OL & find at least 2 more legit NFL WR’s, this offense will struggle against a legit D like the Rams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This isn’t rocket science & stats don’t lie. I don’t care who’s missing on the Rams O. Their Passing D is #1 in the NFL & their running D is #3. We struggled against the Niners D because it too was ranked top 5-10 in both categories. Until we fix the interior of of our OL, and add other offensive weapons around Murray, the results are not going to change. If our D doesn’t create some shorter fields on Sunday, we will be FORTUNATE to even be in this game. Winning is still a long shot.
This is the most ridiculous preemptive apologist statement I’ve ever read on ASFN given the present facts.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

man... this sounds like rationalizing why you're going to support the team if they don't make changes after this game.

First... the Rams just aren't that good... especially down the stretch where I think their only win in the last four weeks has been against... US. Their QB has never started a game and I think was doing people's TAXES last year. They're on their third string RB. They're missing their starting LT, and a huge WR weapon with Cooper Cupp. And now we're starting to see pieces of the middle of their defense get taken off the board. 17 points SHOULD win this game. We're basically playing the freaking 2014 Ryan Lindley Cardinals with us much like that mediocre Panthers team in the playoffs.

If our Pro-Bowl "all-world QB" and offensive genius can't figure out how to put 17 points on the board (after scoring 28 last time) and our DC can't figure out how to limit the 4th game of the pre-season offensive lineup for the Rams, they don't belong in the NFL (coaches, not Kyler). ESPECIALLY after crapping the bed so spectacularly last week against the Niners 4th Game Of The Preseason All-Stars.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes it was embarrassing. That’s because we’re not a good football team. Murray hides so many of our offensive warts. Until we fix our OL & find at least 2 more legit NFL WR’s, this offense will struggle against a legit D like the Rams.
They may struggle but they’ll still have the two best offensive weapons in the game and even our defense should be able to shutdown the Rams offensive team sans QB, top two RBs, and top WR. That means a long day for the Rams undermanned defense.

if you’re expecting a loss you’re just too readily accepting of putridity. Sorry, there’s no other way to say it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I value your opinion. I don't agree.

I never said we wouldn't be caught. I said we could count on Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota losing the necessary games. I made no predictions on our record over the last four or five games. Things changed because we lost to SF.

The Niners, Pats, Lions losses this year...

All 3 way more embarrassing and devastating to our season than a loss to the Rams. We never should have been in this position. So, I count at least 3 worse losses THIS season.

Just my humble opinion.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The objective is to get the best teams into the playoffs. Our fault or not, if we cannot beat this Rams team we should not be in the playoffs and there is nothing to argue about unless you are hellbent on expectations though losing against another a half strength team makes apparent. I honestly cannot see how this team with what they have shown me though the stretch of this season can beat the Rams even now. As some have cited, questionable game management decisions, penalties, weak interior OL play, lack of offensive weapons, young QB, a kicker who probably cannot kick over 50 yards, and a defense which of late cannot stop the run regardless of DL injuries or not... yeah, I still think the Rams are better and they simply do not lose to us with McVay at the helm and then throw in that it's a road game regardless of Covid restrictions this does not look rosy

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
man... this sounds like rationalizing why you're going to support the team if they don't make changes after this game.

First... the Rams just aren't that good... especially down the stretch where I think their only win in the last four weeks has been against... US. Their QB has never started a game and I think was doing people's TAXES last year. They're on their third string RB. They're missing their starting LT, and a huge WR weapon with Cooper Cupp. And now we're starting to see pieces of the middle of their defense get taken off the board. 17 points SHOULD win this game. We're basically playing the freaking 2014 Ryan Lindley Cardinals with us much like that mediocre Panthers team in the playoffs.

If our Pro-Bowl "all-world QB" and offensive genius can't figure out how to put 17 points on the board (after scoring 28 last time) and our DC can't figure out how to limit the 4th game of the pre-season offensive lineup for the Rams, they don't belong in the NFL (coaches, not Kyler). ESPECIALLY after crapping the bed so spectacularly last week against the Niners 4th Game Of The Preseason All-Stars.
James Harris could start this game & McVay would still outscheme Joseph & put up 24 points. We only scored 28 because the Rams went into a soft zone after they realized they could have scored 50 if need be. Our D needs to create turnovers & short fields. Will they? One thing is certain. I’ve been a Cardinal fan way too long to ever think we have the upper hand in ANY game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They may struggle but they’ll still have the two best offensive weapons in the game and even our defense should be able to shutdown the Rams offensive team sans QB, top two RBs, and top WR. That means a long day for the Rams undermanned defense.

if you’re expecting a loss you’re just too readily accepting of putridity. Sorry, there’s no other way to say it.

I expect us to win. Why not?

That said, we are also suffering major losses on our defense. If that is no excuse for us, and it isn't, then their missing players aren't an excuse for them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The objective is to get the best teams into the playoffs. Our fault or not, if we cannot beat this Rams team we should not be in the playoffs and there is nothing to argue about unless you are hellbent on expectations though losing against another a half strength team makes apparent. I honestly cannot see how this team with what they have shown me though the stretch of this season can beat the Rams even now. As some have cited, questionable game management decisions, penalties, weak interior OL play, lack of offensive weapons, young QB, a kicker who probably cannot kick over 50 yards, and a defense which of late cannot stop the run regardless of DL injuries or not... yeah, I still think the Rams are better and they simply do not lose to us with McVay at the helm and then throw in that it's a road game regardless of Covid restrictions this does not look rosy
Then you must believe kliff and co should be canned, right?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not worried about us scoring on them. After red-hot Buffalo, we have scored the most points on their defense this season.

What I am worried about is Vance making this guy have welcome out party. This is the same guy that made Teddy, Tua, & CJ look 2nd team All-Pro. The only QBs we really have shut down this season were an already mediocre QB coming off a hamstring injury in Daniel Jones, a washed up & long mediocre QB in Joe Flacco, & arguably the worst QB I have ever seen in Dwayne Haskins.

If we continue to bite so damn hard on PA Bootlegs, it will just be another long day.