Who remembers 2008?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well I’ll remind everyone again of an eerily similar scenario, our 2008 season. After 13 games the Cardinals were 8-5 and hopes were high!
Game 14 we lost at home to the Vikings on a prime time Sunday night game 35-14.
Game 15 they were embarrassed by the Patriots 47-7. After a slug performance like that one, It looked bad for any chance to get into the playoffs. Maybe you have forgotten how bad they looked?
Game 16 was a must win against the
Seahawks. They rallied and won, ending the season at...you guessed it...9-7 and a wild card berth!
I believe Chris Collinsworth said, “The worst team to ever make the playoffs”.
And I was actually starting to think the same thing. We all know how they turned it around and rallied to one of the greatest playoff runs in history!
I’m not sure what sparked the fire but I know a WR #11 who could give some insight to his current teammates.
Go Cards!

i am quite sure what sparked the fire, edge James was reinserted as a bell cow running back. That’s why it pisses me off when edge is not mentioned around Larry’s playoff records. Whiz passes like his hair was on fire when we were decimated , then edge ran well enough earn play action as we rocked through the playoffs. The 10 stupid runs in the Super Bowl loss. Same in 2009 with beanie, then 10 Stupid runs in the saints playoff blow out loss. Fundamentally flawed coaching and play calling. Seems I’m the only one that said that for years, but know it’s true, glad others on the board recognize it now, just look at the numbers it’s obvious.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That team had some pretty competent coaching at the time, and a QB who played with a fiery intensity to be the best, not one who is searching for his identity in the first time he's faced adversity. Lastly, the 2008 team had the benefit of a highly energized and loud fanbase/home field advantage. In 2021, we'll enter a silent stadium, reliant on our own energy and motivation.

I think we can make the playoffs, but I don't see a major run.

We had Todd Hailey and Kurt Warner running the offense. We have nothing close to that level of smarts anymore. KK is a worse coach than Haley...I truly believe that. Haley has a rough attitude that rubs some players the wrong way, but he tells them like it is and holds them accountable.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
2008 would wipe this team all over the floor. Can’t think of one advantage this year’s team has over 2008 save for the offensive line is marginally better

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2008 would wipe this team all over the floor. Can’t think of one advantage this year’s team has over 2008 save for the offensive line is marginally better
Run game, pass-rush, & overall defense are easily better than the 2008 team lol.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kurt was a top 5 QB in 08. And maybe the best QB in the playoffs.

Kyler's shown flashes (Dolphins/1st Seahawks game).

He needs to play to that level.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson