Who’s bright idea was it to put the game on amazon

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was it just me or did others of you notice that it seemed like Prime had fewer commercials?

Commercials might have been more entertaining than watching the Cards lay an egg, but I digress....
Yes, a match where i was just bothered by the Cardinals performance and not by the long commercials

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started watching on DirecTV local (I'm glad that I had that option) but I switched to the Prime Feed because I couldn't stand Catalon and Loftin on the TV feed.

The Broadcast Team 1 on Prime - Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer - I just couldn't get into. So I switched the announcers to the "scouts" option with "scouts Joy Taylor, Bucky Brooks, and Daniel Jeremiah" but they were much worse. It reminded me almost of watching a terrible episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. So I tried to watch it via stream on Prime but for me the picture and audio quality were much better on DirecTV and the announcers were only slightly better than on the Prime broadcasts, so I switched back to the TV feed and suffered though listening to Catalon/Loftin..

Terrible, terrible decision to have Amazon on this.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I started watching on DirecTV local (I'm glad that I had that option) but I switched to the Prime Feed because I couldn't stand Catalon and Loftin on the TV feed.

The Broadcast Team 1 on Prime - Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer - I just couldn't get into. So I switched the announcers to the "scouts" option with "scouts Joy Taylor, Bucky Brooks, and Daniel Jeremiah" but they were much worse. It reminded me almost of watching a terrible episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. So I tried to watch it via stream on Prime but for me the picture and audio quality were much better on DirecTV and the announcers were only slightly better than on the Prime broadcasts, so I switched back to the TV feed and suffered though listening to Catalon/Loftin..

Terrible, terrible decision to have Amazon on this.
Be honest.
Deep down you were hoping for Beth Mowins to call the game.:p:D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get Amazon Prime but it was on channel 3 locally which is ABC,so I watched it on that channel assuming it would have less chance of picture issues. We watch Prime all the time, never have problems, but I assumed it might so I watched it on ABC instead.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I had to login to Prime on a laptop, and then hook that laptop up to my TV (not a smart TV) to watch. I didn't have any picture quality issues, maybe an audio glitch or two, but nothing major. My only complaint was I couldn't fast forward through the commercial breaks like I usually do on DirecTV. Normally, I record the game on the DVR, and then start watching about an hour after kickoff. Then I can FF thru all the commercials, halftime, etc. and usually catch up in the 4th qtr with about 5-7 mins left in the game. Having to sit thru commercial breaks is terrible.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like Fire Stick rules.

Problem is - many of us don't know how to make Firestick work. (When you're 81, you belong to a totally alien universe).

A simple "Fire Stick for Dummies" - how to install and use instruction sheet - should solve most problems. (Though money issue is a whole separate deal).

Personally, I feel there should be a total overhaul of the way we load, play pay-for and stream content. The whole deal is too complicated/confusing.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Horrible experience on my end. I live in a rural area with crappy internet service. No to mention my usually awesome TV must have some version of Amazon Prime that couldn't support the game. As a result ended up watching the game in another room via my son's XBox.

Choppy, glitchy reception. Terrible.

If streaming is what's up I'm screwed until Musk gets us all 4 or 5G.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrible experience on my end. I live in a rural area with crappy internet service. No to mention my usually awesome TV must have some version of Amazon Prime that couldn't support the game. As a result ended up watching the game in another room via my son's XBox.

FWIW both my tv's are smart tv's and I don't use the Amazon Prime app on either of them because it's too glitchy and slow. My big tv I have a fire stick, my smaller tv I have a Roku that I got for free when I signed up for Sling while living in Sacramento and unable to get Pac 12 network at the time without Sling. Had Sling for a few months, cancelled and still have the Roku. The funny thing is both my tv's have Roku built in, some of the apps work great but the Amazon Prime app on both is slow, it will sit there and tell you the internet is not fast enough, then you go through the fire stick or the Roku plugged in, and using the exact same internet you can stream with no issues at all.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Problem is - many of us don't know how to make Firestick work. (When you're 81, you belong to a totally alien universe).

A simple "Fire Stick for Dummies" - how to install and use instruction sheet - should solve most problems. (Though money issue is a whole separate deal).

Personally, I feel there should be a total overhaul of the way we load, play pay-for and stream content. The whole deal is too complicated/confusing.

If you have Amazon Prime the Firestick is pretty simple. Your TV has to have a port to plug it into, HDMI port, most tv's these days have at least 3. Then you have to tell your tv which port you want ot use, so if you plug it into HDMI1, tell your tv that. Then it will open up the Fire stick. First time it will make you login to the wifi first so it will detect wifi and then ask for the password. Then it will go to the homescreen, where there will be an Amazon Prime app amongst other choices like Netflix and Hulu that are built in. Click the Amazon one. Then it will make you login to your Amazon account.

once that's done it will load and go to the Amazon home screen, for this game there was a big banner at the top of my home screen most of the week reminding me, just click on that and the game would have loaded. If your wifi isn't fast enough you can connect your tv with an internet cable there's usually a port in the back that takes that cable, if you have a long enough cable. That will give you a better more reliable connection, but these days most people have fast enough wifi.

The remote that comes with the stick will allow you to control the screen and if you buy the one with Alexa you can hold the microphone button and talk into it, Cardinals football and it will come up with the game. Once you've done that the first time it saves all the passwords and stuff so the next time you go in you just pick the right HDMI port, and it will log you in and then you just pick Amazon Prime and go.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I live in rural South Central Texas and did not have any issues, but a town right down the road has tons of internet issues... it's about as inconsistent as the Cardinals, "we just have to execute better" lol

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DAZN is the best international sports streaming service for both content and quality. They have NFL rights in a number of countries and catalogue all the games. It's affordable, $15 to 20 US dollars per month for football, soccer, baseball, boxing, martial arts, etc., etc. They've said that they'll be bidding on US internal streaming rights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAZN

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had no problems whatsoever. Smart TV, open Prime, game right on top of menu, hit select and there it is. I have 75mg internet so no buffering, great pic, etc.

Before I got new TV about 6 months ago I had Fire. I bought the cube, a little more expensive but easier to navigate. My complaint with that was Alexa commands were hard to get the hang of. @JeffGollin, go to the Science & Tech forum here on the site. I've got a whole thread about not having a clue about this stuff. @puckhead & @BigRedRage will give you grief because you're a geezer like me, but they'll help you.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chromecast works just fine, why would you want a Firestick instead

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No issues on my end. But I believe amazon can and will out bid everyone else, because they have a world wide audience.

Their "world-wide" audience is irrelevant.

The NFL already has an agreement with DAZN to stream games internationally.

They, of course, could buy DAZN, I imagine.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
When I was young, the biggest most watched event was a 15 round heavyweight boxing championship. It was worldwide and everybody knew the champs name. 1/2 the entire World watched ! Pay per view ripped that 2 shreds - can you imagine what a 1 minute commercial would cost if 1/2 the world watched anything live at the same time today? A few people’s control and greed, destroyed generations of fan building. Nfl is making the same mistake.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Their "world-wide" audience is irrelevant.

The NFL already has an agreement with DAZN to stream games internationally.

They, of course, could buy DAZN, I imagine.
Ya I know, but was talking about the future of streaming. Mentioned that Amazon could outbid anyone including dazn. I would love for dazn to get it, I subscribe to them as well, love boxing.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
FWIW both my tv's are smart tv's and I don't use the Amazon Prime app on either of them because it's too glitchy and slow. My big tv I have a fire stick, my smaller tv I have a Roku that I got for free when I signed up for Sling while living in Sacramento and unable to get Pac 12 network at the time without Sling. Had Sling for a few months, cancelled and still have the Roku. The funny thing is both my tv's have Roku built in, some of the apps work great but the Amazon Prime app on both is slow, it will sit there and tell you the internet is not fast enough, then you go through the fire stick or the Roku plugged in, and using the exact same internet you can stream with no issues at all.

This is very helpful and I foresee Roku in my future.