Goodbye Fitz

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sad reality is that Dan Arnold has 17 less yards receiving than Larry at this point on the season.

Kirk, in what most would call a disappointing season, has 212 more yards than Larry.

You almost have to pick and choose between playing Larry, Dan Arnold and KeeSean Johnson on any given play.

Reaction score
The greatest Cardinal of all time. Thrilled is year after year and supplied us with a lifetime of football memories.

I don’t know if Fitz is ready to retire nor do I think he is no longer capable of contributing to this or any team.

However I just don’t see him returning to a team for 2 or 3 catches a game for 30 yards and 1 td.

One would think Kyler and Kliff would have leaned on Fitz a whole lot more.

So I think this will be Fitz’s last game unless by some miracle we beat the Rams. I don’t believe he will want to play for another team. That’s who he is.

Maybe I’m wrong but get the Ring of Honor ready for “ Larry Fitzgerald “.
Keep him
First he does a lot to improve the team
Think of the games where he hustled and the ball got spiked on time
If he doesn’t do this they lose
Plus-Do you want see fitz break all the records on another team

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep him
First he does a lot to improve the team
Think of the games where he hustled and the ball got spiked on time
If he doesn’t do this they lose
Plus-Do you want see fitz break all the records on another team

that should easily be replaced by any other WR. Rushing a ball to its spot? Lol ok yes pay him 11 million for that...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Fitz can play for the Cards for however long he wants; however, no more $11 mil contracts. With the cap being in shambles next season, he'd have to either sign a near vet min contract, or retire.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to see Fitz come back for another year but not at $11 million. He has made an estimated $170 million with the Cards in his career. How about coming back for just $4million?
That would make more sense.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz can play for the Cards for however long he wants; however, no more $11 mil contracts. With the cap being in shambles next season, he'd have to either sign a near vet min contract, or retire.

silliness

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Fitz will be back next year, 100%. He wants to see Kylers rookie contract through till the end but realizes he probably won’t be an NFL receiver for that long.

At least that’s the thought process out of the Bidwill I chat with. If Fitz retires this offseason it should be interpreted as a vote of no confidence in the ability of K1 and KK to get to a Super Bowl

If he based his retirement on his confidence in the coach and quarterback, he would’ve retired years ago

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 2 catches he had Saturday he tried to get some extra yards, but he was so slow, like having cleats made of plump

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was the only one that recognized the urgency was the point.

How do you know? He may just be the one designated to do it. I have seen it done around the league all the time.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Fitz returns it will be simply because he loves to play. He really doesn't need to. He already owns multiple businesses. He a part owner of the Suns.

If he decided to do the TV gig, there would be a bidding war for his services. And he would be great at it.

So, like always for then last 6 years or so, we won't have a clue what he will do until he says so.

My personal guess, I one more year. I have heard him say he wants a ring more than anything.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Fitz does provide leadership but frankly the top dog of the group takes that attention which now happens to be Hopkins, and D-hop is about as charismatic as they come. We all dig the man, great Cardinal if not the greatest but this franchise winning the division or championships will no longer be affected by whether Fitzgerald is on the team or not... getting a legit number 2 will and any money spent at that position better go to 'that guy' first

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Cards should try to keep him, but Keim needs to try to get him to take a lower deal. No more 11 million dollar deals. That will take up half of our cap this year.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It hasn't been a good year for Fitz. None of us know what he is going to do but my opinion (which is worthless) is that he will retire. He lost two weeks with the coronavirus positive test. It gave him some time to think how lucky he was compared to so many who are in much worse condition. He never wanted a big sendoff so with no fans in the stands and not a lotta hype he can just say goodbye in the off season. He has so many other opportunities and doesn't need the money. Just my two cents.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
leadership is greatly overstated especially when you see how this team has total mental meltdowns on the regular. Yes amongst players.
At some point you have to be able to produce on the field in order to be a locker room leader. You also have to be willing to have honest conversations with players and I don't know that Fitz is that guy. It isn't that I think he is dishonest, but I don't think he has any interest in going up to players and telling them they are not focused and need to get their mind right. I just don't know that he has that level of dog in him anymore.

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
I think Fitz returns for the 2021 season for two reasons- if the Cardinals have a good off-season they will definitely be in the Super Bowl talk as the NFC is wide open. Fitz wants that ring! And I think Fitz would like to go out in a season that has fans, etc and not end it in the madness of a covid season!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
it looks to me like Fitz has lost the last step he could afford to lose

I love Fitz -- but i think he is done.

I also think he makes the Cards easier to defend as a D never has to worry about Fitz taking something deep on them regardless of who is covering him

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At some point you have to be able to produce on the field in order to be a locker room leader. You also have to be willing to have honest conversations with players and I don't know that Fitz is that guy. It isn't that I think he is dishonest, but I don't think he has any interest in going up to players and telling them they are not focused and need to get their mind right. I just don't know that he has that level of dog in him anymore.

:hacker:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson