Goodbye Fitz

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The greatest Cardinal of all time. Thrilled is year after year and supplied us with a lifetime of football memories.

I don’t know if Fitz is ready to retire nor do I think he is no longer capable of contributing to this or any team.

However I just don’t see him returning to a team for 2 or 3 catches a game for 30 yards and 1 td.

One would think Kyler and Kliff would have leaned on Fitz a whole lot more.

So I think this will be Fitz’s last game unless by some miracle we beat the Rams. I don’t believe he will want to play for another team. That’s who he is.

Maybe I’m wrong but get the Ring of Honor ready for “ Larry Fitzgerald “.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He may be back if we win. How many catches would Fitz have if he’d had a real qb throwing to him instead of Navarro, Hall, Skelton, etc.? One of my favorites of all time!
I think it would be tough to go through another season with a QB that doesn't respect him enough to listen and a Diva WR in DHop that doesn't want to practice. Before somebody jumps on this I don't mean Vet days off.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know Fitz is a shell of his former self. I know that if this team pays him more then 5 million dollars to stay they are way out of their minds.
Hell, they're using him more like a TE now, why not come back for 5 million & just play TE lol?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The most over drafted Cardinal of all time. Frustrated us game after game and supplied us with empty memories.

I don’t know if Isabella will ever start again or he's capable of contributing to this or any team.

However, I just don’t see him returning to a team for 2 or 3 bobbled body catch drops a game while waiting on that odd big play

One would think Kyler and Kliff would have leaned on KeeSean a whole lot more before finally doing so now.

So I think this will be Isabella's last chance unless by some miracle he gets to play and scores twice. I don’t believe he will want to play for another team after he cannot even crack the roster with our current squad outside of Hopkins. That’s who he is, not a professional WR

Maybe I’m wrong but get the draft ready for Keim to possibly blow another WR selection

oops, thought this one was about Andy Isabella :)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hell, they're using him more like a TE now, why not come back for 5 million & just play TE lol?
We don't know why Fitz isn't thrown-to more often:

Could be that Hopkins is a better option than Fitz on any given play.

Could be a matchup issue.

Could be a no gas left in tank issue

Could be tunnel vision by coaches.

Things aren't working. Fitz isn't getting the touches. Fans are cranky. So logical target is play calling. I'm not sure I buy into this - it's likely to be a more complicated matter than we're aware of.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Things aren't working. Fitz isn't getting the touches. Fans are cranky. So logical target is play calling. I'm not sure I buy into this - it's likely to be a more complicated matter than we're aware of.

he’s old is the most logical choice.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This.

I'm not convinced he's any worse than the 750 yard receiver he's been the last couple of years. We just don't use him very well, like all the receivers.

About 99% of his routes are short slants or comebacks into areas Kyler often doesn't target.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He’s old.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think it is past time that the Cardinals make Fitz really decide how bad he wants to play. Two years after the 49ers cut Jerry Rice and the Raiders gave him a 2 mil/year deal (he was 38), the Raiders gave 40 year old Rice a 6 year, 30 mil extension (to play until he was 46). Rice lasted a year and a half before he was traded to Seattle.

It is 5 mil max for me and that is even pushing it IMO.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
I believe he will be back next year for one last shot at the ring and one last farewell from the red sea.

As far as his production, i think he is more concerned with winning at this point than getting 10 targets a game.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fitz will be back next year, 100%. He wants to see Kylers rookie contract through till the end but realizes he probably won’t be an NFL receiver for that long.

At least that’s the thought process out of the Bidwill I chat with. If Fitz retires this offseason it should be interpreted as a vote of no confidence in the ability of K1 and KK to get to a Super Bowl

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The greatest Cardinal of all time. Thrilled is year after year and supplied us with a lifetime of football memories.

I don’t know if Fitz is ready to retire nor do I think he is no longer capable of contributing to this or any team.

However I just don’t see him returning to a team for 2 or 3 catches a game for 30 yards and 1 td.

One would think Kyler and Kliff would have leaned on Fitz a whole lot more

So I think this will be Fitz’s last game unless by some miracle we beat the Rams. I don’t believe he will want to play for another team. That’s who he is.

Maybe I’m wrong but get the Ring of Honor ready for “ Larry Fitzgerald “.

Maybe because he’s washed????

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The biggest problem with Fitz is that he is so redundant to every other Cardinals WR.

Hopkins, 6'1 214 ran a 4.57 40.

Fitz, 6'3 218 ran a 4.53 40.

KeeSean Johnson, 6'1 200 ran a 4.6 40.

Dan Arnold, 6'5 222 ran a 4.68 40.

AND

Christian Kirk / Andy Isabella just aren't able to produce as a vertical threat. Kirk is a 4.47 guy but rarely seems to be able to get behind anyone. That said, Larry hurts Kirk's ability to run underneath routes because no one worries about him deep.

I never thought of it until I was watching the Scout feed on Amazon when I heard DJ and Bucky commenting on how slow the collective WRs for the Cardinals are. There is just zero quick vertical elements to our offense and so defense just squat on the underneath and play downhill/

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The biggest problem with Fitz is that he is so redundant to every other Cardinals WR.

Hopkins, 6'1 214 ran a 4.57 40.

Fitz, 6'3 218 ran a 4.53 40.

KeeSean Johnson, 6'1 200 ran a 4.6 40.

Dan Arnold, 6'5 222 ran a 4.68 40.

AND

Christian Kirk / Andy Isabella just aren't able to produce as a vertical threat. Kirk is a 4.47 guy but rarely seems to be able to get behind anyone. That said, Larry hurts Kirk's ability to run underneath routes because no one worries about him deep.

I never thought of it until I was watching the Scout feed on Amazon when I heard DJ and Bucky commenting on how slow the collective WRs for the Cardinals are. There is just zero quick vertical elements to our offense and so defense just squat on the underneath and play downhill/
That's why I was pushing for Ruggs at last year's draft...but not over Simmons.

It's also why I would've looked at trying to add John Ross at the trade deadline. I'd look at him if he's a UFA. He has the skill missing from this offense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose