Murray is questionable for Sunday

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Sooo what happened to Hundley? Just where on the depth chart does he sit. Seems I recall his having some relative good games when he played.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sooo what happened to Hundley? Just where on the depth chart does he sit. Seems I recall his having some relative good games when he played.

Agree and I don't get it either. At least he has some experience. Last he played we beat the Seahawks. He played very well after Murray was hurt.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree and I don't get it either. At least he has some experience. Last he played we beat the Seahawks. He played very well after Murray was hurt.
Strev is supposedly just a much better athlete and has a better arm.

Kind of risky imo because he hasnt had much success in his career throwing the football. Unless they just found a gem.

I will say even if Murray is healthy enough to play I want Strev to play as well. Let him get some running plays going. Kyler hasnt ran well against the Rams and cant expect it with him hobbled. Maybe bring in Strev a few times for his physicality.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn't he have some domestic violence accusations against him in off-season? I think thats why he was put in dog house for season.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Kind of risky imo because he hasnt had much success in his career throwing the football. Unless they just found a gem.

I will say even if Murray is healthy enough to play I want Strev to play as well. Let him get some running plays going. Kyler hasnt ran well against the Rams and cant expect it with him hobbled. Maybe bring in Strev a few times for his physicality.

The Rams would destroy a QB that has never played a snap in NFL. Would be a disaster.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Rams would destroy a QB that has never played a snap in NFL. Would be a disaster.
Dont know until you know. It might force Kliff to call a different game.

He might actually try moving the pocket more and maybe call some under center stuff to get the run game going as well.

In the last couple of years the only team I remember destroying the Rams defensively was the Ravens.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Strev is fast, I dont know why Kliff doesnt run him on qb powers and sweeps

Use him like Taysom Hill

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lol. I was gonna ride that thing all the way to the Super Bowl, hoping to replicate the power of my Super Red Beard for the Super Red Birds In The Super Bowl run back in 2008.

the Cards mercifully put the stache out of it’s misery Saturday. But it’s still hanging on... by a disgusting thread.
FYI - all of his nephews and niece thinks it’s awful and have told him it’s creepy.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ive always thought using Streveler on short yardage -- running the triple option with Drake and Kyler in the backfield
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I dont think the Ravens do much with RG3 cause he's so fragile. However, yea I sort of thought we'd have used Strev more this year to help the running game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
ive always thought using Streveler on short yardage -- running the triple option with Drake and Kyler in the backfield
Kyler stated that he does not like to come out when Streveler ran the one play at the beginning of the year. Haven't seen him since. Definitely some coddling of Kyler going on in that regard.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler stated that he does not like to come out when Streveler ran the one play at the beginning of the year. Haven't seen him since. Definitely some coddling of Kyler going on in that regard.
It was a horrible time to do it though. Trailing. We finally got some rhythm and then you take Kyler out and get a penalty. Just poor all around.

Still Kliff is the Head Coach not just the OC so its on him to give Strev opportunities after that.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone already posted how Murray after a long run is breathing heavily, and the following play is a hand off to drake, so much predictable
Why don't they use streveler there, at least he is fresh

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was a horrible time to do it though. Trailing. We finally got some rhythm and then you take Kyler out and get a penalty. Just poor all around.

Still Kliff is the Head Coach not just the OC so its on him to give Strev opportunities after that.

The play he refers was a successful first down, 3 yards run by streveler, after that he has never seen the field, beside the penalty u mentioned

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They play he refers was a successful first down, 3 yards run by streveler, after that he has never seen the field, beside the penalty u mentioned
Yea the penalty was the last time we saw him. I thought he was referring to the weird sideline exchange/sideline reaction from the team after the timing of that play. Just was an odd time to put him in. Executing it poorly didnt help either. Still Kliff is the HC so gotta get over blunders or egos and do whats best for the team. Well when the time is right.
Someone already posted how Murray after a long run is breathing heavily, and the following play is a hand off to drake, so much predictable
Why don't they use streveler there, at least he is fresh
Kinda was thinking the same. Bring him in for a read option after a long Kyler run.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why Streveler hasn’t had a Taysum Hill role is coaching malfeasance

Because Hill backs up Brees who can't really run, Strevler backs up the QB leading the NFL in YPC. I'm not saying there aren't plays where I wanted him in too but it's a bit harder to do when your starting QB is arguably the best or 2nd best running QB in the NFL.

Remember the opener against SF, 4th and 1 to basically ice the game Streveler came in, the play wasn't really blocked well but he moved the pile and got the first down to ice the game. He's MUCH stronger than Kyler is, the guy looks like an MMA star, he has that swagger to him. Honestly he reminds you of Tim Tebow he's that type of runner the first guy rarely gets him down.

The problem is you can't play like that in the NFL and last, CFL is one thing, NFL is another beast entirely. Watch this highlight reel I've watched it since we first signed the guy he flat out trucks some tacklers here just runs over them.

If for some reason Murray can't go Sunday, and I'm sure he will, I'd be really interested to see what Streveler does. That said, I fully expect if he started and we fell behind and had to throw the ball, Hundley would come in. Streveler is supposed to have a fairly strong arm but if you watch him he kind of pushes the ball. That said, Hundley terrified me at UCLA always held the ball too long, not sure I want to see him against Aaron Donald.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

in my master plan, K1 stays in

Strev is under center. With his size, the sneak is in play. Drake takes the role of triple option full back for the dive play / straight hand off. K1 is the other back

Strev can keep, or, pitch to K1 wide. I suppose there could be a pass plays off of that, either Strev or after the pitch to K1.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson