Wow, Haskins released.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He sure has wasted his talent. Of course, he was also put in a terrible situation. He had 3 HC's before he played a complete season. Still, it's on him for the way he acted. It's been talked about as nauseum here in Columbus. He wasn't like that while at OSU. Don't know what happened. Guess you can't tell how some guys are going to react when they get the money.

His NFL career isn't over by any means. He's too talented for that. He needs to get to work and become a professional. Many think a great landing spot for him would be Pittsburgh with Tomlin and sit behind Ben for a year or so.

Also, being the OSU homer I get accused of being, I would stay away from Justin Fields in the upcoming draft. And, that has nothing to do with Haskins demise.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He stinks but will get another shot somewhere. Too bad for future OSU QBs.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
He stinks but will get another shot somewhere. Too bad for future OSU QBs.
Scouts/teams don’t give a crap about that. When was the last Bama QB to be good? Did JaMarcus Russell ruin every LSU QB?
Justin Fields will likely be a top 5 pick. I’m not a huge fan but what Haskins does has zero effect on it. Same as if Haskins lit it up. It’d have no effect on future OSU QBs draft status.

Hell, Burrow was an OSU QB for 3 years.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Scouts/teams don’t give a crap about that. When was the last Bama QB to be good? Did JaMarcus Russell ruin every LSU QB?
Justin Fields will likely be a top 5 pick. I’m not a huge fan but what Haskins does has zero effect on it. Same as if Haskins lit it up. It’d have no effect on future OSU QBs draft status.

Hell, Burrow was an OSU QB for 3 years.
Well, before Tua, no Bama QBs were highly thought of coming out of college in about 45 years. Tiring reason tbh

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tedford QBs screwed it up for Aaron Rodgers. no way he should of fell that far in the draft.
#Harrington #Carr #derp

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Well, before Tua, no Bama QBs were highly thought of coming out of college in about 45 years. Tiring reason tbh
And there were from OSU?
No, tbh.
Troy Smith and Cardale Jones were about the best(I didn’t like either btw) and they weren’t 1st rounders.
In fact Haskins was the first 1st round talent since Schlichter.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tedford QBs screwed it up for Aaron Rodgers. no way he should of fell that far in the draft.
#Harrington #Carr #derp

Yep I said that prior to that draft. Because I always talk up cal and Stanford kids people were scoffing but the most common point was Tedford QB and I said look the kid can play. I had no idea HOW good he'd actually be but I did say we'd regret not picking him

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Hahaha could u imagine this board now if cards went from rosen to haskins and murray playing well for another team.
Cards wouldn’t have went from Rosen to Haskins. They would’ve stuck with Rosen. I wanted Quinnen Williams, not Haskins, instead of Murray.
I didn’t think the Cards should take a QB. But IF they were set on it, I would’ve taken Haskins.

You realize Murray stepped into about the most ideal rookie QB situation ever. The whole HC and offense was designed and built around him. That never happens.
The rookie QB usually has to adjust to a NFL offense and the coach who drafted him. Not the other way around.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards wouldn’t have went from Rosen to Haskins. They would’ve stuck with Rosen. I wanted Quinnen Williams, not Haskins, instead of Murray.
I didn’t think the Cards should take a QB. But IF they were set on it, I would’ve taken Haskins.

You realize Murray stepped into about the most ideal rookie QB situation ever. The whole HC and offense was designed and built around him. That never happens.
The rookie QB usually has to adjust to a NFL offense and the coach who drafted him. Not the other way around.

I see the point about coaching but he stepped into a team that had scored 225 points the prior season. That had 3 rookie Wr's, 2 of whom played, plus Kirk and Fitz. no proven TE, his best RB retired but didn't tell anybody(David Johnson). And he did it with a rookie coach who found out pretty quickly if you play 4 and 5 WR's all the time you won't be able to run the ball and your QB will get killed. Most rookie QB's don't have to deal with a guy who is that much on the job training as Kliff was the first few games.

I gave Kliff credit for adjusting to that I think Kyler deserved credit too, remember his first 3 NFL games he threw 54, 40 and 43 passes. It was only after the big loss to the Panthers that Kliff realized OK I can't play this way in the NFL.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is so hard to find QBs to play in the NFL that I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was still in the league more than 10 years from now.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe not, and Fields will go early, but IMO he’s not any good either.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Detroit or NE claim him and kick the tires considering how cheap he is. Maybe even Pittsburg or San Fran.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Haskins crumbled under pressure at Ohio State, why would anyone think he would do better in the NFL where the pocket is smaller and the pressure more consistent and the windows to throw to are smaller. Being a Penn State follower, I watched more big 10 games than any others and every time I watched OSU if the opposing team was able to create pressure, Haskins melted under it.