So your telling me there's a chance!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what’s always been interesting to me? In all the years I’ve been here, darksiders/realists have been attacked as bad fans.

You know what they never or very very rarely do? Call the positive people bad fans.

sure, we/they will disagree vociferously with the glass is half full or overflowing fans, but their fandom itself is never questioned like you see so often in the reverse.

Please bring it to my attention whenever you see that, as I can't read every post. That is banworthy behavior without a warning.

Thanks,

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ouchie, why are you wasting diatribes on a clear troll? You’re smarter & better than this, lol.
I don’t know why, but attacking other fans’ fandom has always been trigger point for me. Maybe it stems from my early years on the board as a targeted member of the dark side royalty.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You know what’s always been interesting to me? In all the years I’ve been here, darksiders/realists have been attacked as bad fans, every year, no matter if the team is good (rare) or often (much moreso)

You know what they never or very very rarely do? Call the positive people bad fans.

sure, we/they will disagree vociferously with the glass is half full or overflowing fans about football, but their fandom itself is never questioned like you see so often in the reverse.

For sure.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, you come on here and call everyone around you everything but a nice guy that doesn't agree with your posts. You DICTATE what it is and should be to be a fan and to be able to post, and you question posters' fandom. Why do YOU get to set the standards, personally insult people continuously, and then cry foul?

See, notice I'm commenting on your posting, not you. We clearly disagree in our opinions. No worries there. The problem is, you see your opinions as fact and blatantly insult posters who disagree. I'll get into it hammer and tongs with other posters, but it's an argument, not a personal insult fest. And when I've stepped over the line? I've been banned, bowed my head, and accepted it. You are getting INSANE amounts of leeway and would have been banned long since before. Just accept the mods' hints and stop insulting people.

He/She couldn't. Maybe tomorrow brings a new day.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why, but attacking other fans’ fandom has always been trigger point for me. Maybe it stems from my early years on the board as a targeted member of the dark side royalty.

That's why I posted what I did. Anyone that sees it please bring it to my attention.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude, you come on here and call everyone around you everything but a nice guy that doesn't agree with your posts. You DICTATE what it is and should be to be a fan and to be able to post, and you question posters' fandom. Why do YOU get to set the standards, personally insult people continuously, and then cry foul?

See, notice I'm commenting on your posting, not you. We clearly disagree in our opinions. No worries there. The problem is, you see your opinions as fact and blatantly insult posters who disagree. I'll get into it hammer and tongs with other posters, but it's an argument, not a personal insult fest. And when I've stepped over the line? I've been banned, bowed my head, and accepted it. You are getting INSANE amounts of leeway and would have been banned long since before. Just accept the mods' hints and stop insulting people.
Agreed. He repeatedly called people derogatory names here and on the suns board and not so much as an admonishment. I was surprised it was tolerated so long. I’m not one to report a poster but his attacks on others got me close to doing so for the first time ever.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought fan shaming was disallowed on this board? Darksiders are just as much fans as glowing optimists. I myself bitched when we drafted Murray. Now I'm glad we did. I still have concerns about his attitude and mechanics, though. Certainly doesn't make me or others that feel the same "crappy fans" and it CERTAINLY doesn't mean a preponderance of those people are rooting for us to do poorly.

So tell me, am I a "crappy fan?" Is fan shaming now allowed on this site?

I clarified it to limit the butthurt

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Agreed. He repeatedly called people derogatory names here and on the suns board and not so much as an admonishment. I was surprised it was tolerated so long. I’m not one to report a poster but his attacks on others got me close to doing so for the first time ever.
I see people who think the Cards can never do anything wrong and always have an excuse, I also see people who never see anything good and the team is forever doomed, there's also everyone in-between but no matter what our fandom is never in question, if we're here posting we're obviously fans, when someone says I'm not a fan because I criticize or disagree then that's when I just don't take anything that person says with any seriousness or regard

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And to be perfectly clear:

I will not be a tool of defense for trollish behavior. Those that revel in our QBs failure to the point of actively rooting against our team have devolved into trolls here

They should be called out as such.

If that doesn't apply to you save the @ and the really tiresome moderator complaining for others who might care

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And to be perfectly clear:

I will not be a tool of defense for trollish behavior. Those that revel in our QBs failure to the point of actively rooting against our team have devolved into trolls here

They should be called out as such.

If that doesn't apply to you save the @ and the really tiresome moderator complaining for others who might care

man, this is weak, especially coming from a moderator. The idea that ANYONE who's been a long-time fan of this mostly woeful franchise and spends time posting here is a troll is just beyond weak sauce. You're attacking people's fandom and giving license for others to do so.

if that's what this board is going to be like, it's going to go seriously downhill in a hurry.

i mean, if you're allowed to call people trolls, can they call you names in retort? Or do rules not apply to moderators? Asking because the lines aren't just getting blurred, but crossed and then pissed on and I think as a board, we should know if there's a new paradigm shift with how people are allowed to act.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have already clarified more than once my opinion here. I wasn't talking about the "Realists or the Darksiders"

I am talking to a very specific new breed on this board.

And yes I get to decide who is a troll and who isn't.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m guessing that line is pricing in Kyler not playing. If Kyler plays we win and we will be favored by 3+. Should be higher.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ive been a die hard card fan since 1975
And they have sucked almost every year
They usually have a top pick
And they almost always miss
And they are usually bad.
I Cant name a quick few for you
Josh rosen
Entire 2016 draft
Jonathan cooper
Matt leinert
Bryant johnson/calvin pace
Wendell bryant
Andre wadworth
Tom knight
On and on
I do have to say Andre Wadsworth would've been a stud had he not messed up his knee? That DL was loaded with Smith, Swann, Wadsworth & Rice. Probably our best DL ever?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I wanna know is this? What happened to BW52? He's a Kentuckian as I am & also a lifelong Cardinals fan. He started getting very grumpy in his posts last year & I haven't read anything from him since. I assume he got banned? If asking about banned posters is against the rules then I apologize? Just curious.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave