Mason Cole 4 false starts as center

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cole is showing what he is. Getting answers on personnel, even if they aren't the ones you want, is a good thing. We need a C unless Gaillard does something amazing next week.

Gailllard deserves a season to see if he has what it takes. I absolutely loved what I saw from him when he was playing C.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Until yesterday, I could not recall the last time I heard a false start penalty on a center in a game. I usually watch 1-2 games a week so that's a pretty steady diet of football in addition usually one to two college games.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Galliard didn't start last game because his wife just gave birth to their first child. Not sure what was up with him this week.

Even so, Cole should never see the field again. Waste of a draft pick.

Not sure why Gaillard's wife having a baby would keep him out of games. Cole's wife just had a baby, too.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cole is Shipley. A guy the coaches trust for some unknown reason that’s never going to be top shelf.
This.

No reason that Gaillard was ever swapped out when he was playing better when he filled in.

Interior Oline gets blown back and has very little push on run plays.

Gaillard helped when he was playing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is he struggles with the line calls. His play IMO has showed he deserves more playing time.
This is what I was thinking as well. Cole does a lot of the calling of the Mike backer and maybe it is something Gaillard isn't used to and Kyler doesn't do for a specific reason.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I wish they would fine these players 10K for every penalty per game. Maybe they'd use their noodle a little more if it was costing them something they cared about like money?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cole is Shipley. A guy the coaches trust for some unknown reason that’s never going to be top shelf.

Shipley is a couple levels better than Cole has been lately. Shipley was a perfectly cromulent player that would be the 4th or 5th best guy on a good line. Cole right now is a dumpster fire.

I actually don't think Cole is bad after the snap; I don't see him being overpowered much. But he can't hurt the drive with extremely dumb false starts.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Gaillard plays with an attitude and strong at the point of attack. We have our center and it's him. Cole is not useless and depth in a pinch but no way he should be a starter. I tip my hat to DJ Humphries for being a good LT while not throwing his teammates under the proverbial bus afterwards

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
This is what I was thinking as well. Cole does a lot of the calling of the Mike backer and maybe it is something Gaillard isn't used to and Kyler doesn't do for a specific reason.

Ya, usually the QB makes the line calls. Do the Rams still use the C for line calls? I thought they did for some time.

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t care that Cole has a relationship with Kugler or the coaches trust him, he had 4 false starts penalties the last 2 weeks

WTF? That’s inexcusable

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave