So your telling me there's a chance!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate the Rams more than SF & SEA so it would be hilarious & joyful if we’re the reason they didn’t make the playoffs because we didn’t beat SF(if we would’ve won, LA would’ve clinched a playoff spot already) & we send them home on Sunday(if Chicago wins).

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
ever the optimist: two years ago at this time, the Cards were the worst team in the NFL by a substantial margin, and, was a historically bad team relative to the prior ten years or so.

two years later: one win to get into the playoffs.

its substantial progress. I wanted more progress, and the teams inconsistency -- series to series as well as week to week -- is aging me like a dog.

But i will take it. Few things worse than having to spend all of November and December knowing your team is going nowhere.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No they won't bother eating crow. It will just be a lurk and pile on like normal. There is a large subset of fans that will root for us to do poorly as long as Murray is here. It's the same people who bitched when we drafted him. Crappy fans
See I define a crappy fan as one who craps on fellow fans. See fans are in the same boat. We are all at the mercy of the team. We are not in the same boat as the players or coaches who make millions off of us, win or lose. The truth is we have a ton of posters who ate crow on Murray already. Others still have some legitimate concerns about him. They’re allowed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i hear heard a couple hawt takes from regular people who are fans(?) / follow the Cardinals:

1. "They dont deserve to make the playoffs." Good grief, as if this is college football where style points are considered. Crazy thing is: if they beat the Rams and the Packers beat the Bears -- they wouldnt even be the last team in the playoffs

2. "I dont want them in the playoffs because NO or GB or whomever would beat them in the first game." Sigh. This is a developmental team -- and I want K1 to get his first playoff experience out of the way rather than in a year or two where there might be real SB aspirations.
Imo those are just casual fans that lack insight into the nfl.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hate the Rams more than SF & SEA so it would be hilarious & joyful if we’re the reason they didn’t make the playoffs because we didn’t beat SF(if we would’ve won, LA would’ve clinched a playoff spot already) & we send them home on Sunday(if Chicago wins).
Naw Seattle is still #1 in my book. I find I dislike the niners second most and then the Rams. But I still dislike the Rams. I wonder if the Rams escaping my full ire stems from being a Rams fan pre-Arizona cardinals.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If your a true cardinals fan.you NEVER want to see them lose..
Go jump on the chiefs band wagon

I wanted them to lose to get Kyler.

The true fan wants what is best for the team long term.

That being said, I would much prefer Kyler get playoff experience this year to conjectural motivation if they were to lose.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See I define a crappy fan as one who craps on fellow fans. See fans are in the same boat. We are all at the mercy of the team. We are not in the same boat as the players or coaches who make millions off of us, win or lose. The truth is we have a ton of posters who ate crow on Murray already. Others still have some legitimate concerns about him. They’re allowed.

People went well past "legitimate concerns" and got into personal attacks. That is being a crappy fan. It's like cheering went Kent Graham got hurt. Low as it gets in fandom.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Same. It’s simply because we haven’t beat them since McVay. Once Kliff shows him the door, then I will go back to hating Seattle the most.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

That’s a sentiment that’s likely to make you popular but it’s simply an atrocious sentiment to have as a fan.

First of all, fans are not invariably right. Due to the strength of their feelings and emotions they are often blindingly wrong, in fact.

Optimal fans should serve as trustees and custodians of the team. Optimal fans have a fiduciary duty to see to the team’s best interest. That means criticizing when appropriate (of course it is allowed to demand more of Murray, but it’s foolish to act as if we aren’t exceedingly lucky to have him), but tempering all criticism with solutions. A fan that simply berates the team and fails to go further is a dilettante, a selfish and irresponsible person, and, if I may be so bold, not wanted in my tent.

You know how annoying it is when someone criticizes constantly, but offers no solutions for what they would do? Don’t be that type of fan. Or, whatever, do what you want: but don’t act like that makes you a good fan. It definitionally does not.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
People went well past "legitimate concerns" and got into personal attacks. That is being a crappy fan. It's like cheering went Kent Graham got hurt. Low as it gets in fandom.

And that’s the point. Fans, especially those less discerning, are almost always excessively emotional. They FREQUENTLY cheer injuries and the like. That’s fine of course, their prerogative, but it’s also my prerogative to call them out for it and especially to do so when they act as if they are “good fans” simply because they “care”
more. I wonder how they feel about other things they claim to “care” about; I wouldn’t want to be in their families.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And to be clear, if you are actively rooting or find pleasure in Murray having a bad game because you are "right" in this instance, you are a crappy fan.

If this doesn't apply to you, then don't get upset

It’s more than that. They seem to revel in his and Kliff’s failures DURING GAMES. Just astonishingly poor behavior.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That’s a sentiment that’s likely to make you popular but it’s simply an atrocious sentiment to have as a fan.

First of all, fans are not invariably right. Due to the strength of their feelings and emotions they are often blindingly wrong, in fact.

Optimal fans should serve as trustees and custodians of the team. Optimal fans have a fiduciary duty to see to the team’s best interest. That means criticizing when appropriate (of course it is allowed to demand more of Murray, but it’s foolish to act as if we aren’t exceedingly lucky to have him), but tempering all criticism with solutions. A fan that simply berates the team and fails to go further is a dilettante, a selfish and irresponsible person, and, if I may be so bold, not wanted in my tent.

You know how annoying it is when someone criticizes constantly, but offers no solutions for what they would do? Don’t be that type of fan. Or, whatever, do what you want: but don’t act like that makes you a good fan. It definitionally does not.

Fiduciary duty? NO fan has a DUTY to funnel more money to the millionaires and billionaires in the NFL. If a fan WANTS to do so, that's great! Go to the games, get season tickets, buy a bunch of team gear. Sure, those fans are awesome. So are fans that never show the team or the NFL a red cent, that nevertheless follow the team and support them through thick and thin. Pie-in-the-sky optimists that never say a word against a team as well as hard-core darksiders that always have a pessimistic take can all be solid fans of a team. There isn't a single definition of what the perfect fandom is. If you follow the Cards and want them to win, you're a Cards fan.

Listen @WhyAlwaysMe, it's no secret I think you have awful, atrocious takes on this board. No doubt you think the same of me. I'm not going to question whether you're a fan or not, even though you think there's hidden benefit in losing the upcoming game and missing the playoffs. Because, though I disagree with your philosophy, you want this team to win in the end.

Granted, there have been posters here that have just come to troll Cards fans and have certainly not been fans of the team. I can't remember his name, but that old chowderhead from New England comes to mind. There have been fans of specific players and certainly not the team--Tango comes to mind, with his Jake Plummer love. But there have been very, very few posters here that weren't ultimately Cards fans.

Stout

Reaction score
And that’s the point. Fans, especially those less discerning, are almost always excessively emotional. They FREQUENTLY cheer injuries and the like. That’s fine of course, their prerogative, but it’s also my prerogative to call them out for it and especially to do so when they act as if they are “good fans” simply because they “care”
more. I wonder how they feel about other things they claim to “care” about; I wouldn’t want to be in their families.

See, you're just running around trying to insult people. This is ban-worthy drivel. If you don't agree with posters, they're awful fans and awful human beings. That take is simply, well, awful.

Stout

Reaction score
No they won't bother eating crow. It will just be a lurk and pile on like normal. There is a large subset of fans that will root for us to do poorly as long as Murray is here. It's the same people who bitched when we drafted him. Crappy fans

I thought fan shaming was disallowed on this board? Darksiders are just as much fans as glowing optimists. I myself bitched when we drafted Murray. Now I'm glad we did. I still have concerns about his attitude and mechanics, though. Certainly doesn't make me or others that feel the same "crappy fans" and it CERTAINLY doesn't mean a preponderance of those people are rooting for us to do poorly.

So tell me, am I a "crappy fan?" Is fan shaming now allowed on this site?

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Rams fan here. Goff is likely out, as are Akers and Henderson at RB. The offense isn’t going to be good. The defense is good, but it can’t carry the team if the offense doesn’t perform at least at an average level.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol... good to see multiple moderators leading the “some posters here are crappy fans” charge.

aren’t you all supposed to enforce the rules of the site? Not encourage others to break them?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Rams fan here. Goff is likely out, as are Akers and Henderson at RB. The offense isn’t going to be good. The defense is good, but it can’t carry the team if the offense doesn’t perform at least at an average level.
Rams Offense - 14 points
Rams defense - 9 points

Cardinals - 21 points

We miss a 48yd FG at the buzzer and lose to John Wolford. AZ Hotshots HOFer.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I have to laugh. You have the fiduciary concept completely upside down. Fans have no fiduciary responsibility as regards a professional sports franchise. They are a paying customer. In fact from a fiduciary perspective in sports it’s just the opposite of what you propose. The team is a representative of the locale and oftentimes is the recipient of public funding for stadiums, practice facilities, access roads, etc. that places the team in a fiduciary position to its locale.

And while you’re right that fans aren’t invariably right (where did anyone ever say that?), they do have a right to their variety of opinion, perspective, etc. And they have a right to voice those, no matter how off or accurate they might be. And that certainly does not impact their level of being a fan (which is defined as a person having a strong interest in or admiration or a person or thing - which is inherently an internal and personal thing verses an external determination by someone else).

as for “trustee” and “custodian” I don’t think you know what those words mean from the context of your post.

You are also deluded if you think it’s the fans’ duty to come up with solutions. Fans are not paid sports professionals. They typically don’t possess the experience, knowledge or have access to the information or data to actually come up with solutions. And all that ignores the fact that they actually possess zero control and usually zero attention from the team. In other words, requiring fans to bring solutions is a fools game. Do solutions engender better conversation on a fan board? Sure. Does it make you a better fan? Not by any measure.

I want to congratulate you for your arrogance. We haven’t seen your level here in a long time.

Reaction score
I disagree
I wanted them to lose to get Kyler.

The true fan wants what is best for the team long term.

That being said, I would much prefer Kyler get playoff experience this year to conjectural motivation if they were to lose.

I disagree
I never want to see them lose
Kyler was not the consensus #1 or clear #1
Bosa was
Kyler wasn't peyton manning or andrew luck hype
So im calling total b s

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If fans want to call themselves good fans then they should hold themselves to a higher standard.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again, I’d just like to thank the moderators for encouraging and emboldening a full on flame war on fellow Cardinals fans.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose