K1, the team, or the coaches ?

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
Kylar:. He better learn to scan in the first second ( or less) like the great QBs do and fire to the open rcvr, NO MATTER who the play was called to go to... I am sick of seeing a guy 20-30 yards away, wide open, no one near him and the pass is going to a contested rcvr, because that is the called play... Until he learns how to do that ( get Warner in to coach him) he will.just be a speedy curiosity
Team: do these guys have NO pride ?..let yet another third string QB/RB duo shred them and look like Pro Bowl/All NFL/First Round Hall of Fame inductees ..? Pretty damn sick of that.
Is our team just STUPID and without a ton of film to study on the opponent they don't know what to do ?...
Coaches: i am starting to drift into the KK and VJ don't have a clue on how to call a game. KK does amazing innovative aggressive calls..WHEN OUR BACKS ARE AGAINST THE WALL....and then becomes totally vanilla mush, try a some of that ALL the time KK ...

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Ya, I kept yelling at him 'why do you always throw it into double coverage?!" Good thing the 49'ers were playing their 3rd stringers ... otherwise they would've had more than just 1 pick.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Ya, I kept yelling at him 'why do you always throw it into double coverage?!" Good thing the 49'ers were playing their 3rd stringers ... otherwise they would've had more than just 1 pick.
Blasphemy! That was the way the play was designed. “Only pass into double coverage”

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because nobody is open.

I’m sorry what game are you guys watching where our WR are open and running free because the ones I’m watching I’m seeing guys struggle badly to get separation

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Because nobody is open.

I’m sorry what game are you guys watching where our WR are open and running free because the ones I’m watching I’m seeing guys struggle badly to get separation
Well to be fair K1 could help with that. Reading the defense, throwing receiver's open, and looking off a safety to name a few. His throws are often late.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Because nobody is open.

Kirk gets open but when he has the ball his brain shuts off. So disappointing after seeing his YAC ability in college.

OP
OP
P

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
Because nobody is open.

Yesterday's game for example.. Dhop blanketed by a cb by the sideline and the ball goes to him, and the tv coverage shows Keashawn just as deep, about 25 yds in from the sideline totally, completely open, no defender anywhere near him...

That is just 1 example, there are many others...

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I think the fans are the biggest negative when it comes to the franchise lately. Tremendous criticism for the second half of the season from people who consistently defended Steve Wilks

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone blaming k1 is an idiot at this juncture. Put a real coaching staff around him and he will flourish even more than with this amateurish mess

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Anyone blaming k1 is an idiot at this juncture. Put a real coaching staff around him and he will flourish even more than with this amateurish mess

Maybe. Doesn't seem like anyone is coaching him on fundamentals and mechanics. Statistically he's improved, but I've seen enough of his "too late, too early, off his back foot, doesn't step up, doesn't like shot-gun, runs scared, doesn't read a defense, locks into 1 receiver" throws to last a lifetime.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe. Doesn't seem like anyone is coaching him on fundamentals and mechanics. Statistically he's improved, but I've seen enough of his "too late, too early, off his back foot, doesn't step up, doesn't like shot-gun, runs scared, doesn't read a defense, locks into 1 receiver" throws to last a lifetime.

And he still will get 4k yards for the season. You do not put up 4k passing in the NFL with 26 tds and 12 tds with "too late, too early, off his back foot, doesn't step up, doesn't like shot-gun, runs scared, doesn't read a defense, locks into 1 receiver"

I see far more positives than negatives

And these issues are overblown.

They exist but for every qb, thats not the issue.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
And he still will get 4k yards for the season. You do not put up 4k passing in the NFL with 26 tds and 12 tds with "too late, too early, off his back foot, doesn't step up, doesn't like shot-gun, runs scared, doesn't read a defense, locks into 1 receiver"

I see far more positives than negatives

And these issues are overblown.

They exist but for every qb, thats not the issue.

Yeah, I guess. If you're into individual stats and not team wins :shrug: This team should've had at least 11 wins.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kirk gets open but when he has the ball his brain shuts off. So disappointing after seeing his YAC ability in college.
He lost his bulk/strength.

He use to break tackles and accelerate so well. Looked like a future all pro his freshman year.

It allowed him to get faster though. Much better vertically now than he was at A&M.