Arizona Cardinals look lifeless in latest loss to San Francisco 49ers

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals look lifeless in latest loss to San Francisco 49ers

https://arizonasports.com/story/248...feless-in-latest-loss-to-san-francisco-49ers/

Arizonans can live with defeat and disappointment. We’ve been doing that for decades.

But soft, underachieving, undisciplined football teams?

They are the exception. They are the unforgiven. They are the Cardinals team that took the field like Ambien zombies on Saturday afternoon, losing the penultimate game of the regular season to a decimated, inferior opponent.

San Francisco 20, Arizona 12.

Read the rest here: https://arizonasports.com/story/248...feless-in-latest-loss-to-san-francisco-49ers/

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
100% fact!!!

Kliff & Blowseph didn’t have either unit ready to play. It was an embarrassment with so much on the line. Coaching matters

dude these are grown men out here. I can tell you all day long how important this is or we need to be at this point by this date and all that stuff, you have to want it also.

I seen a lot of guys out there going through the motions. Can’t go out there and play for them.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I get it & understand your point.

But when the players don’t believe in what you’re teaching it magnifies this issue. Do they believe in what they’re being coached? I think that can be highly debated
dude these are grown men out here. I can tell you all day long how important this is or we need to be at this point by this date and all that stuff, you have to want it also.

I seen a lot of guys out there going through the motions. Can’t go out there and play for them.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The walking dead could put up a better fight than what the Cards showed
The walking are tenacious relentless for their purpose, but I agree with u, tactically are lost like our players

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get it & understand your point.

But when the players don’t believe in what you’re teaching it magnifies this issue. Do they believe in what they’re being coached? I think that can be highly debated

it’s talent. Kliff can’t go out there catch the ball for Kirk in the end zone...again. Kliff can’t go out there and kick the field goals for Zane. I need guys gone this offseason

I think they were over confident. There is an old saying in boxing, when you don’t take an opponent serious they become a serious opponent.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it’s talent. Kliff can’t go out there catch the ball for Kirk in the end zone...again. Kliff can’t go out there and kick the field goals for Zane. I need guys gone this offseason

I think they were over confident. There is an old saying in boxing, when you don’t take an opponent serious they become a serious opponent.
It may be talent but, if so, the Niners should have been blown out the door.

No, it was "want-to" (& for whatever the reason, the Cards didn't have it and the Niners did).

I'm loathe to chant "fire the coach" when it's not my job that's at stake. But when a team comes out flat and without motivation, things aren't right in River City and responsibility lies at the doorstep of ownership, management and the coaching staff.

Can't be fixed unless wholesale changes are made and they're the right changes. Can ownership, management and coaches make the right changes? Maybe. Maybe not - but the right moves must be made up and down the line to turn the Cards into a perennial winner.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

So we were outcoached.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:notworthy:

No, it was "want-to" (& for whatever the reason, the Cards didn't have it and the Niners did).

I'm loathe to chant "fire the coach" when it's not my job that's at stake. But when a team comes out flat and without motivation, things aren't right in River City and responsibility lies at the doorstep of ownership, management and the coaching staff.

Can't be fixed unless wholesale changes are made and they're the right changes. Can ownership, management and coaches make the right changes? Maybe. Maybe not - but the right moves must be made up and down the line to turn the Cards into a perennial winner.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they were over confident.

So no leaders to make sure they weren't over confident...

So these idiot players can't keep in mind that this is the NFL and they were up against pros who take pride in their jobs...

So the fact that playoffs were at stake, nobody on the sidelines took it seriously enough that they were beaten by the Niners JV team...

Reaction score

Im calling bull on this careless comment
Do you parcells teams or lombardi teams or shula teams or pete carroll teams of mike tomlin or BA teams come on that uninspired?
Never!!!!
Kk is too insecure, doesnt have the respect, and not mature enough to pull motivate..
He freaking said it one interview..

Reaction score
Im still struggling with the metrosexual running down the sideline to congratulate a former texas tech recruit last week vs philly

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

this is exactly what I said in my other thread about needing an overhaul. I see a lot of guys I don’t wanna see next year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im calling bull on this careless comment
Do you parcells teams or lombardi teams or shula teams or pete carroll teams of mike tomlin or BA teams come on that uninspired?
Never!!!!
Kk is too insecure, doesnt have the respect, and not mature enough to pull motivate..
He freaking said it one interview..

I’m convinced you don’t watch a lot of football. I can certainly name teams that Parcells coached that didn’t look good, Carroll and Shula aswell.

and The Steelers(1-3 in there last 4) and Bucs have been as inconsistent as any teams this year.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brutal, honest assessment, but what is absolutely alarming is DJ Humphries admitting they are clueless as to why they commit so many offensive penalties. It's been a pattern all year, they can't diagnose the issue after a full season?

I've been of the opinion the Kliff haters are overly alarmist but stuff like this makes me reassess. Kyler is a pouter, Hopkins is an ass any time he speaks. These guys talk like they're a playoff team and have all year.

I'd like to know one area this team improved in from game 1 to now. Benching Zane doesn't count.

Reaction score
I’m convinced you don’t watch a lot of football. I can certainly name teams that Parcells coached that didn’t look good, Carroll and Shula aswell.

and The Steelers(1-3 in there last 4) and Bucs have been as inconsistent as any teams this year.
Gilligan,
You have no clue of what you are talking about.

The steelers are 12-3 a playoff contender every year
The bucs are 10-5 and in the playoffs..
Parcells turned around 4 franchises into winners, leading them all to playoffs..
the seahawks are in the playoffs 9 out of the last 10 years
Shula an all time great coach
Are you kidding me??
Your a joke

Reaction score
Brutal, honest assessment, but what is absolutely alarming is DJ Humphries admitting they are clueless as to why they commit so many offensive penalties. It's been a pattern all year, they can't diagnose the issue after a full season?

I've been of the opinion the Kliff haters are overly alarmist but stuff like this makes me reassess. Kyler is a pouter, Hopkins is an ass any time he speaks. These guys talk like they're a playoff team and have all year.

I'd like to know one area this team improved in from game 1 to now. Benching Zane doesn't count.
I agree its scary that Humphreys does nt know why they commit so many penalties..
The reason is coaching and the lack of accountability.

Reaction score
Im not too worried about kyler pouting..as long as he comes thru on the field !
He is a peculiar person..and maybe his team mates get him..
Same with d hop- he is a stud
He is smart and misunderstood.. i have no problem with him.
I have a problem with poor effort, poor coaching and poor game strategy

Reaction score
Im not too worried about kyler pouting..as long as he comes thru on the field !
He is a peculiar person..and maybe his team mates get him..
Same with d hop- he is a stud
He is smart and misunderstood.. i have no problem with him.
I have a problem with poor effort, poor coaching and poor game strategy

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gilligan,
You have no clue of what you are talking about.

The steelers are 12-3 a playoff contender every year
The bucs are 10-5 and in the playoffs..
Parcells turned around 4 franchises into winners, leading them all to playoffs..
the seahawks are in the playoffs 9 out of the last 10 years
Shula an all time great coach
Are you kidding me??
Your a joke

you just gonna conveniently forget stops with The Jets, The Patriots and Cowboys for Parcells? Cause those didn’t really end well,

what about Pete Carroll with the Jets and the Patriots? Or how bout how he left USC in shambles when he was turning a blind eye to all the BS going on?

In Shula’s last 10 seasons he finished with a winning record 5 times and 5 times .500 or worse. Not exactly great for a decade.

but you are the same guy that said Russell Wilson never throws INTs at bad times.

it’s easy to just pick out the good, but the reality is the NFL is filled with a lot of ups and downs.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Or, if you’re Jordan Hicks against an RB in coverage, just downs.

Reaction score
you just gonna conveniently forget stops with The Jets, The Patriots and Cowboys for Parcells? Cause those didn’t really end well,

what about Pete Carroll with the Jets and the Patriots? Or how bout how he left USC in shambles when he was turning a blind eye to all the BS going on?

In Shula’s last 10 seasons he finished with a winning record 5 times and 5 times .500 or worse. Not exactly great for a decade.

but you are the same guy that said Russell Wilson never throws INTs at bad times.

it’s easy to just pick out the good, but the reality is the NFL is filled with a lot of ups and downs.

Parcells- i said 4 teams ..you friggin amaze me ..
Left the giants after 1990 season: 13-3 won nfc east
*Won super bowl

Left the patriots after 1996:11-5 won afc east
* lost in the super bowl

Left the jets 1999-4th in the afc east
*this was the year the lost their starting qb vinny t to an achilles tear the first game of the year
(+1 year removed 1998 from taking the jets to the afc championship)

Left dallas in 2006: 9-7 nfc east 2 nd place *(playoffs)

pete carroll
Was fired after 1 year with the jets

patriots-fired after 1999
8-8

Took the patriots to the playoffs in 97 and 97 ..2 out of 3 years.

Usc: 97-19
2 national championship

Shula-a legend..if you disagree i feel sorry for you.

russell wilson:
I didnt say he never throws picks, but the fact is he rarely does
He has been to the playoffs now 9 out of10
Years..
He has 264 td 81 int career
This year 37 td 13 int

So whats up?
These are facts