It’s time to end the Kingsbury Experimemt

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a very unique player. He won't last unless he becomes better in the pocket. His body won't hold up and that is where he takes his biggest shots.

In terms of building around him...we have already been doing that. The question is how much talent does the #1 pick have to have to be a playoff team or consistent offense? Kyler shoulders as much of this teams issues as anyone else.

what exactly does he have around him besides Hop? He has one weapon and a bunch of nobody’s that don’t help very often and a crap ass Oline? Where is this team we built around him? And a D that gives up scores every time we score...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
to be fair their QB did NOT beat us, their running game destroyed us and he made a few simple wide open throws while we didn’t pressure him all day lol. That and we shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly...
Our inability to tackle on defense opened up their play action and killed us defensively.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
what exactly does he have around him besides Hop? He has one weapon and a bunch of nobody’s that don’t help very often and a crap ass Oline? Where is this team we built around him? And a D that gives up scores every time we score...
He has league average to near league average personnel. And none of that should prevent him from recognizing the same slot blitz at least 5 times in one game and adjusting to compensate for it. None of that makes him throw a terrible red zone int at a key moment in the game. I am not saying he needs to be putting up 40 pts a game, but he was bad throwing the ball against an injured 49ers defense.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I give Kliff and Keim 2 more years. Vance is up in the air for me but I am sure that is my personal bias. I agree with SoonerLou that Kyler needs some other dedicated coaching other than Kliff. I don't mind Kliff calling the game but he needs to be more focused on the entire team than just the QB during the week.

I feel like I have already written off Kyler's rookie deal which is a ridiculous emotional reaction. Same with the fact that I really believe that if Kyler can't make us respectable over the next couple years with the talent we have given him, he likely isn't the answer anyways.

TWO more years? Love him, hate him, or be ambivalent towards KK, unless you just hired a coach or just won a Super Bowl, there's just no way you blanket grant a HC 2 more seasons. If the team tanks and goes 4-12, you still want him back for another year after that?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would argue that we have league average offensive personnel, maybe a bit below. That said, Kyler can't crap the bed like he did vs SF. He wasn't the only one, but his inability to make plays from the pocket cost us. High throws, failing to recognize the same slot blitz multiple times, and more red zone turnovers.

My point is that Kyler is showing he needs significantly more help than most people thought he would need as a #1 pick. If he needs it, he needs it, but that means the defense will likely suffer in terms of adding talent.
Only because our gm is HOF awful at identifying talent in the draft. If we even had a modicum of success identifying an occasional 4-7 round gem every other year we would have cheap labor but we have to spend on nearly every position in free agency or via trades due to Keim’s inability to stock the team with inexpensive rookie contracts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would argue that we have league average offensive personnel, maybe a bit below. That said, Kyler can't crap the bed like he did vs SF. He wasn't the only one, but his inability to make plays from the pocket cost us. High throws, failing to recognize the same slot blitz multiple times, and more red zone turnovers.

My point is that Kyler is showing he needs significantly more help than most people thought he would need as a #1 pick. If he needs it, he needs it, but that means the defense will likely suffer in terms of adding talent.
Also, you kinda skirted my statements/questions. How many nfl teams would start any of our wrs other than hop? How many teams would even have any of them as their third wideout?

And you think we have a league average oline with a good hump, an average Pugh, and three players you have repeatedly said need replacing?

I’ll say drake is a league average rb and even say Arnold is just below average.

so on offense:

kyler: pro bowler
Drake: average
Hump: good
Pugh: average
Cole: bad
Sweezy/Murray: below average
Beachum: below average
Hop: all pro
Fitz: below average
Kirk: below average
Arnold: below average

I guess grading on an A - F scale that plays out to a C, which is average. But this season based on their rankings they’ve placed higher than average. That has to be the result of kyler and hop.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Cardinals have 11 wins if it is not for Zane Gonzales choking. We’d be singing a different tune if Gonzales had been at least competent

Keim and the coaching staff wouldn't move on from him. His failures are on them.

Kliff's choices caused all of those FG's to be 40yards plus.

It's truly baffling how you can be ballsy........ yet...... have ZERO balls all at the same time.

Reaction score
Yeah... 2-4 in their last six, and likely ending the season with 2-5 collapse, getting crushed next week is a great direction to be headed.

if you’re proud of this team with their late season collapse, especially after they just lost a MUST WIN game, at hone, to a team playing with a QB who’s record was 1-9 and HADNT EVEN STARTED IN TWO YEARS, you’re expectations are pathetically low.

You need to read more about Beathard & why starting another game meant a lot to him & his family after their devastating loss. The whole team was behind him & it showed. Why do you always feel the need to criticize other posters? Does it make you feel better? I truly hope so.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You need to read more about Beathard & why starting another game meant a lot him & his family after their devastating loss. The whole team was behind him & it showed. Why do you always feel the need to criticize other posters? Does it make you feel better? I truly hope so.
So you’re saying the niners wanted it more for nonfootball reasons? I am unsure I get your argument here.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What kind of offensive genius puts up 9 points against a mediocre defense in a must win game?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I imagine a fair number of folks here would prefer we lose next week so Kliff and maybe even Keim get fired.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That was yesterday. Apparently you missed the time to win. Along with the cardinals.
Not ....it's now next week play and we're in. The game yesterday basically meant nothing ...all comes down to next week. The tantrums can stop and maybe we can start getting behind our team instead of trashing them

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not ....it's now next week play and we're in. The game yesterday basically meant nothing ...all comes down to next week. The tantrums can stop and maybe we can start getting behind our team instead of trashing them

Game yesterday would have clinched our spot if Bears lose to GB next week. It was important but now we are still about 45% to make it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chopper the Lambs & Niners playaction bootleg game is ALWAYS wide open against the Cards! Always! To me that has to go back to coaching
It is open because of the success of their run game, their physicality up front, and our lack of athletic LBs. This is why Reddick is a question...he is a liability vs the run.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Game yesterday would have clinched our spot if Bears lose to GB next week. It was important but now we are still about 45% to make it.
I understand but this is simple now...win the damn game...not only do you go to the dance but you send the Lambs home who are actually the ones having an epic collapse. Still need Bears to win but I like it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson