It’s time to end the Kingsbury Experimemt

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I give Kliff and Keim 2 more years. Vance is up in the air for me but I am sure that is my personal bias. I agree with SoonerLou that Kyler needs some other dedicated coaching other than Kliff. I don't mind Kliff calling the game but he needs to be more focused on the entire team than just the QB during the week.

I feel like I have already written off Kyler's rookie deal which is a ridiculous emotional reaction. Same with the fact that I really believe that if Kyler can't make us respectable over the next couple years with the talent we have given him, he likely isn't the answer anyways.

I thought we had Tom Clement, old Green Bay coach fulfilling the role of QB development.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And to think a kid who is 23 and has the accolades Kyler has already won't be the answer is fairly insane imo. You build around him. Not the other way around.
He is a very unique player. He won't last unless he becomes better in the pocket. His body won't hold up and that is where he takes his biggest shots.

In terms of building around him...we have already been doing that. The question is how much talent does the #1 pick have to have to be a playoff team or consistent offense? Kyler shoulders as much of this teams issues as anyone else.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I give Kliff and Keim 2 more years. Vance is up in the air for me but I am sure that is my personal bias. I agree with SoonerLou that Kyler needs some other dedicated coaching other than Kliff. I don't mind Kliff calling the game but he needs to be more focused on the entire team than just the QB during the week.

I feel like I have already written off Kyler's rookie deal which is a ridiculous emotional reaction. Same with the fact that I really believe that if Kyler can't make us respectable over the next couple years with the talent we have given him, he likely isn't the answer anyways.
I give kliff 1 more yr if cards continue to lose to teams they are supposed to beat....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He is a very unique player. He won't last unless he becomes better in the pocket. His body won't hold up and that is where he takes his biggest shots.

In terms of building around him...we have already been doing that. The question is how much talent does the #1 pick have to have to be a playoff team or consistent offense? Kyler shoulders as much of this teams issues as anyone else.
Let’s be fair, which of Fitz, keesean, Isabella, and Kirk would be a #2 (heck even a #3) on another team? And you’ve effectively slaughtered Cole, Sweeney/Murray, and beachum consistently. While I agree that the hope is the #1 pick would elevate those around him, he’s working with an epic wr, an emerging LT, an adequate Pugh, an emerging Arnold, and a lot of trash. And he frequently drags the rest with him. I believe he’s elevated a poor offense (talent and scheme) but primarily due to his legs. His passing game needs a lot of growth. So he’s not elevating individual players but the crap offense as a whole. Just a bit more talent and a better offensive mind and I think kyler blows up, in a good way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I give kliff 1 more yr if cards continue to lose to teams they are supposed to beat....
I wonder how often the “I give coach x one more year” situations actually evolve into a tremendous coach and how often it’s just obvious that the one more year should have never been given. I mean, if you’re saying that already don’t you already have one foot out the door?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah... 2-4 in their last six, and likely ending the season with 2-5 collapse, getting crushed next week is a great direction to be headed.

if you’re proud of this team with their late season collapse, especially after they just lost a MUST WIN game, at hone, to a team playing with a QB who’s record was 1-9 and HADNT EVEN STARTED IN TWO YEARS, you’re expectations are pathetically low.
No matter how you look at it Seattle wins today ....which is totally plausible...we playing the Rams for a playoff spot next week...so your tantrum this week becomes mute....of course if Seattle wins

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Kyler does have work to do. Especially in the pocket and his reads. No question. But, for the most part, has avoided big hits in his two years(that most said was going to be impossible). Not bad for a known mobile qb.

I don't think anyone will argue that he doesn't shoulder a load for what has and hasn't happened. But, if that's the case then this is simply a "team" that shares the blame and we have to look at the weak links first. He is by far not a weak link on this team. So we tackle the glaring issues first imo

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If we were building around him we wouldn't have a back up tight end masquerading as a starter, the 2nd best wr under 37 is a wr3 at best.

Drake cant create as a running back.

This is not building around a qb whose strength is the deep ball.

Make no mistake, the identity if this team is a deep ball very arians like offense because that is Kylers strength as a passer right now.

Keim has done a piss poor job of doing that

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If you dont think this team is headed in the right direction you're just letting your hate blind you. The D has been decimated by injuries...Offense had 1 horrible game today. Many 3-5 point losses. Have a chance every week. Proud of this team and where they're headed. Still have a decent chance of getting into the dance with 1 game left. Go Cards!

No that’s SF but you see what coaching can do...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter how you look at it Seattle wins today ....which is totally plausible...we playing the Rams for a playoff spot next week...so your tantrum this week becomes mute....of course if Seattle wins

first, it’s “moot”, not “mute”. When you’re attempting to belittle someone you should at the very least have command of the English language. Second, even if Seattle loses, next week is already a moot issue because McVay OWNS us and we will get destroyed.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
first, it’s “moot”, not “mute”. When you’re attempting to belittle someone you should at the very least have command of the English language. Second, even if Seattle loses, next week is already a moot issue because McVay OWNS us and we will get destroyed.
A little to caught up in the belittle? If Seattle WINS...not loses.
TooSha errr Touche

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Please start your sentences with a capital letter, as in “First” not “first” :p

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little to caught up in the belittle? If Seattle WINS...not loses.
TooSha errr Touche

regardless. You’re holding on to us beating a team that has not only beat us 7 straight times, but PULVERIZED us doing so.

while being “proud” of complete failure down the stretch of the season.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
regardless. You’re holding on to us beating a team that has not only beat us 7 straight times, but PULVERIZED us doing so.

while being “proud” of complete failure down the stretch of the season.
I think it's time for a win....dont you?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought we had Tom Clement, old Green Bay coach fulfilling the role of QB development.
We do:

Tom Clements

Tom Clements (CLEM-ents) is in his second season with the Cardinals after being named pass game coordinator/quarterbacks coach on 1/22/19. Clements is a 25-year coaching veteran who has spent 21 seasons as an assistant coach in the NFL, including five seasons as an offensive coordinator

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We do:

Tom Clements

Tom Clements (CLEM-ents) is in his second season with the Cardinals after being named pass game coordinator/quarterbacks coach on 1/22/19. Clements is a 25-year coaching veteran who has spent 21 seasons as an assistant coach in the NFL, including five seasons as an offensive coordinator

That is what I thought. He needs to be sitting with Kyler after series, especially bad ones, and they discuss what was there and help him read defenses, etc.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what I thought. He needs to be sitting with Kyler after series, especially bad ones, and they discuss what was there and help him read defenses, etc.
He needs to be doing more than just that.

Maybe KM is not open to learning more?

KK is not holding players accountable and it shows.

Is that why KM is not improving?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Let’s be fair, which of Fitz, keesean, Isabella, and Kirk would be a #2 (heck even a #3) on another team? And you’ve effectively slaughtered Cole, Sweeney/Murray, and beachum consistently. While I agree that the hope is the #1 pick would elevate those around him, he’s working with an epic wr, an emerging LT, an adequate Pugh, an emerging Arnold, and a lot of trash. And he frequently drags the rest with him. I believe he’s elevated a poor offense (talent and scheme) but primarily due to his legs. His passing game needs a lot of growth. So he’s not elevating individual players but the crap offense as a whole. Just a bit more talent and a better offensive mind and I think kyler blows up, in a good way.
I would argue that we have league average offensive personnel, maybe a bit below. That said, Kyler can't crap the bed like he did vs SF. He wasn't the only one, but his inability to make plays from the pocket cost us. High throws, failing to recognize the same slot blitz multiple times, and more red zone turnovers.

My point is that Kyler is showing he needs significantly more help than most people thought he would need as a #1 pick. If he needs it, he needs it, but that means the defense will likely suffer in terms of adding talent.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's time for a win....dont you?

did we all of sudden get new talent/coaches who know how to scheme and play against the team as opposed to the last 3 times the Rams have kicked KK and crew’s crotch in the dirt?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... 2-4 in their last six, and likely ending the season with 2-5 collapse, getting crushed next week is a great direction to be headed.

if you’re proud of this team with their late season collapse, especially after they just lost a MUST WIN game, at hone, to a team playing with a QB who’s record was 1-9 and HADNT EVEN STARTED IN TWO YEARS, you’re expectations are pathetically low.

to be fair their QB did NOT beat us, their running game destroyed us and he made a few simple wide open throws while we didn’t pressure him all day lol. That and we shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave