R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2020)

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If Kliff isn't going to coach Murray to step up in the pocket because of his lack of height and limited vision, then he will have to slide the pocket or incorporate roll outs into the playbook. We make it way too easy for the defense to contain Murray in the pocket.

Fair enough.

So, we have a QB that cannot step up in the pocket, because he is too small to do so in the NFL.

That is not a good thing, IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched replays of the Murray pass to Hopkins for a touchdown. I still don't know how he squeezed the ball in there. It reminds me a bit of the Hail Mary pass because Hopkins made great catches on both of those passes.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember the good old days when we could sweep the Niners?

(Like 2015-2018...)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ugh. This team does not deserve to get into the playoffs. :pullhair:
Ina normal year they wouldn’t. Remember we are fighting for an extra Covid-layoff spot. I kind of don’t even really that spot as a real playoff spot in my opinion. If they get it and win a game I’d consider them a legit playoff team but if the snag the extra one and lose immediately it will just feel like they got an extra game this year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ina normal year they wouldn’t. Remember we are fighting for an extra Covid-layoff spot. I kind of don’t even really that spot as a real playoff spot in my opinion. If they get it and win a game I’d consider them a legit playoff team but if the snag the extra one and lose immediately it will just feel like they got an extra game this year.
It’s not a extra COVID-layoff spot. The 7 team playoff is how it will be going forward.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s not a extra COVID-layoff spot. The 7 team playoff is how it will be going forward.
Huh interesting. I missed that. That’s too bad. I think expanding the playoffs is a bad idea. Thanks for clarification.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The kindest word I can use is uninspired.

Bidwill uninspired by keeping Kiem.

Kiem uninspired at drafting.

Kingsbury uninspired offensive scheme. Respect your opponents.

VJ uninspired defensive scheme. Respect your opponents.

Balance of coaching staff appears to be uninspired.

Players uninspired. If you can't get up for a potential playoff spot.. wtf are you playing for? Money? You get paid more with inspired play.

Waterboy is inspired as everyone has water. You can keep him/her as they are doing the job. .

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh interesting. I missed that. That’s too bad. I think expanding the playoffs is a bad idea. Thanks for clarification.

Then there is this - expanding the regular season, too...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The kindest word I can use is uninspired.

Bidwill uninspired by keeping Kiem.

Kiem uninspired at drafting.

Kingsbury uninspired offensive scheme. Respect your opponents.

VJ uninspired defensive scheme. Respect your opponents.

Balance of coaching staff appears to be uninspired.

Players uninspired. If you can't get up for a potential playoff spot.. wtf are you playing for? Money? You get paid more with inspired play.

Waterboy is inspired as everyone has water. You can keep him/her as they are doing the job. .
Crappy Isabella over Metcalf hurt cards this yr

Hope cards stay away from small school wrs now. ..

Cards need a another wr next to hop who can actuallycatch stretch field.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an absolutely wasted year. To have that great start and a pretty easy schedule for the remaining games, IMHO, and to crap the bed like we did? Unacceptable and embarrassing. Don't know if we are cursed or just lack leadership from the top down or what, but changes need to be made. No wonder we get no respect from the talking heads on TV - we don't deserve any. Pathetic.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What an absolutely wasted year. To have that great start and a pretty easy schedule for the remaining games, IMHO, and to crap the bed like we did? Unacceptable and embarrassing. Don't know if we are cursed or just lack leadership from the top down or what, but changes need to be made. No wonder we get no respect from the talking heads on TV - we don't deserve any. Pathetic.

Absolutely embarrassing, wasted opportunities and incompetence only surpassed by the Wilks year. Unfortunately, it seems that the most important person/people to feel embarrassed really never do, at least IMO. Of course I am speaking of the Bidwills. Never have, never will. This team has always been mediocre in a good year and abysmal in most of the rest. There are a few outlier seasons but, generally, they aren't sustained and don't last long.

Why am I a fan? I would like to say because they are the home team, yet I have rooted for them for 50 years. Fell in love with the Jim Hart, Coryell years and my Dad was a St. Louis baseball Cardinals, so I sort of adopted the football Cardinals (and hate the Cowboys too).

Anyway, I bounce in and out of the "dark side" in a schizophrenic way. Today, I am more "gray side" because it kind of turned out the way I thought it might.

On to next year....again....

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was leaning on giving KK another year when we were 6-3, but the last seven games really showed the true disfunction of this team. Offense was so Bi-polar, with truly head scratching play calls, with the 3 and 18 option with a one legged QB putting me over the edge. I don’t see KK’s stripes changing especially under pressure. Jump to VJ, and that was a hot mess as well. Allowing no name QBs to look HOF worthy is unbelievable. Not once but twice in the last two most crucial weeks of the season. Both games we looked like unprepared and unmotivated

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
I was leaning on a pass for KK myself..BUT, need 2 scores, 4 minutes left and i don't care if it is 4Th and 30, you DON'T. Punt when it is for all the marbles....( Unless you are having Andy Lee pass the damn ball)....? KK is truly terrible. A fan since 93 when i got here but one more season like this and i follow Larry, and if that is out of football, so be it... No one is paying me millions to watch under achievng mediocrity.. i am too old for this crap...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not cursed.

Lack of everything else during the last half of the season

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose