Kliff supporters.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'm not a Kliff supporter but a Cardinals supporter. He took over a 3 win team and took it to a 5.5 win team his first year and then an 8 win team his second year (Rams have our number). I have seen a 2.5 game improvement each of his first 2 years. No one fires a coach in that position. That being said, today was the most uninspiring game I have seen since the Wilks era. If this continues, I will rethink it.
if Willks had Kyler and Dhop he doesn't win 3 games

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m just flabbergasted how you lose to a depleted Niners team with practice squad players

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m just flabbergasted how you lose to a depleted Niners team with practice squad players
Divisional opponent fighting hard for their HC or DC. Doesn’t defend the team, but players play hard for Saleh and Shanahan

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This is all on Bidwil and Keim. They hired a guy who couldn't win at the college level and expected him to win at the pro level. The mistake started at that moment. They wanted a McVay clone and didn't take into account McVay came up through the pro ranks. not the college ranks. So did Shanahan. They got drunk on KK koolaid.

Kingsbury's history is one of fast starts and dismal finishes. Yes, last year was an exception but he had one exception in college too. The rest are his normal MO of a fast start to the season and a losing finish.

Kingsbury has a ceiling and it's not high enough to expect this team to go 11-5 or 12-4. He may get eek team to a playoff spot but it will be as a WC not a division champion.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is all on Bidwil and Keim. They hired a guy who couldn't win at the college level and expected him to win at the pro level. The mistake started at that moment. They wanted a McVay clone and didn't take into account McVay came up through the pro ranks. not the college ranks. So did Shanahan. They got drunk on KK koolaid.

Kingsbury's history is one of fast starts and dismal finishes. Yes, last year was an exception but he had one exception in college too. The rest are his normal MO of a fast start to the season and a losing finish.

Kingsbury has a ceiling and it's not high enough to expect this team to go 11-5 or 12-4. He may get eek team to a playoff spot but it will be as a WC not a division champion.
How do I triple like? This is pinpoint

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I think Kliff would be an awesome OC under a good Head Coach in college or the NFL. I think being the man is to much for him. Just my opinion

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Kliff would be an awesome OC under a good Head Coach in college or the NFL. I think being the man is to much for him. Just my opinion
I don’t know if he could be an OC even. His aggression seems to dissipate when the pressure is on. That’s the time to put your foot on their throat

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t know if he could be an OC even. His aggression seems to dissipate when the pressure is on. That’s the time to put your foot on their throat

BINGO, this team lacks killer instinct that’s needed to get to the next level. Always seem to go soft at the wrong time. I really don’t see one leader on this team at all.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The stats fanboys will come out in droves to defend him. You want a stat? After a 6-3 start, we're staring down the barrel of a 2-5 finish.
I’ve never been one to discount things that actually happen, but you look at the second half of the season and we’ve lost 5 of 7 (likely 6 of 8 next week) and the two we won, 1 was in a Hail Mary and the other one was very much in doubt against a first QB in his second game on a poor team. This team was two plays away from losing the entire back half of the season. I think that yells that the nfl figured kliff out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
All good points but didn't we beat teams better than us this year also? These players have been playing football most of their lives, I blame them too for pre snap penalties etc too. Coaches and players share the blame.
We have a whopping 2 wins against winning teams this season. One, an unlikely comeback against Seattle and another on Hail Mary. Not a gleaming resume.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, we can always talk, and it won't matter to the actual team. I can only hope and pray that Bidwill is done accepting this kind of crap and moves on. This is a league where teams turn it around in 1 offseason, and we're about to finish the season 2-5 and fail to achieve a winning record in KK's 2nd year. Not good enough.
2-6 more likely.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Agreed. He looks very uneasy on the sidelines

waterboy

Rookie
Reaction score
I would say yes, except he’s an “offensive genius” , who added the best WR in the game, and still can’t figure out how to move him around, doesn’t understand clock management, and has no real earth shattering play calls. Not to mention against lesser opponents our team looks like the local JV team playing the varsity. Part of being a HC is getting the team ready to go, good in game awareness, making correct in game decisions, and overcoming your teams shortcomings. Somehow every week we get pre snap penalties, run the shortest routes in the NFL, waste TO, have a terrible 2 minute offense, and lose to bad teams.

This. Nuff said.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stats fanboys will come out in droves to defend him. You want a stat? After a 6-3 start, we're staring down the barrel of a 2-5 finish.

I am a fan because of the direction the team has gone from the 2 years prior. Not sure how you can excuse this one though. This is the first game all year that I was frustrated after the game. KK didn't adjust to the right hand side of the line blitz until late in the fourth quarter, and only on one designed run where Kyler bootleg'd to the left. Poor half time adjustments where this team usually excels in.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
thanking god you dont own the Cardinals. What a dense though process. What happens if we win next week haha? you suddenly keeping Kliff cause of a winning record?

Didnt we turn it around in 1 year? we fired Wilkes and have stacked more wins every year since. Looks like a turn around to me... where is the regression or lack of improvement you keep alluding to?
6-2 start the season, 2-5 (thus far) to end it. That’s some pretty obvious regression.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I’d like to know why anyone - including Keim, would think Kliff was ready for the NFL? What exactly was it that made them say - he’s our guy? There is no strategy, no flow, nothing sustainable about anything he does. He failed in college so let’s make the guy a NFL QB?? Seriously??

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Players to Kliff:

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not trilling but just a question.

what has KK done to make you think he’s the sender and a good NFL HC?

Is it his play calling?

Is it his situational decision making?

Is it his leadership?

Is it his play calling?

what is it that makes you think he’s the guy to take the Cards to the next level?

For me, it’s that he’s shown that he’s willing to learn and be uncomfortable. I truly believe that no other coach and GM combo would have rolled the dice on Kyler Murray #1 overall.

Kliff reminds me right now of a young Andy Reid—another guy who was notoriously out of his depth in the end game for a long time.

This is frustrating to be sure. We have to find a way to make these games non-competitive in our favor. That’s the next step.

Kliff isn’t Ken Whisenhunt; he doesn’t believe that the players or the game are failing him. But Kyler Murray has to decide to be great and spend the time preparing so that he’s there to not fall apart for the middle 22 minutes of most games.

Kliff hitched himself to Kyler Murray’s star, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he has a tough conversation with Murray about the work you have to do from Tuesday to Saturday to be great in this league.

It’s possible that a frustrating end this season could be the best thing to happen for the team in the long run.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For me, it’s that he’s shown that he’s willing to learn and be uncomfortable. I truly believe that no other coach and GM combo would have rolled the dice on Kyler Murray #1 overall.

Kliff reminds me right now of a young Andy Reid—another guy who was notoriously out of his depth in the end game for a long time.

This is frustrating to be sure. We have to find a way to make these games non-competitive in our favor. That’s the next step.

Kliff isn’t Ken Whisenhunt; he doesn’t believe that the players or the game are failing him. But Kyler Murray has to decide to be great and spend the time preparing so that he’s there to not fall apart for the middle 22 minutes of most games.

Kliff hitched himself to Kyler Murray’s star, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he has a tough conversation with Murray about the work you have to do from Tuesday to Saturday to be great in this league.

It’s possible that a frustrating end this season could be the best thing to happen for the team in the long run.

K9 is going against the grain on Kliff here.

Comparing year two-

Kliff started 6-2 turned that is likely to end up finishing up on a 2-6 record. In year two, young Andy Duffrene started 3-3 and finished 8-2.

Kliff is going to get his year 3. I think by half way into next season, it will be clear where this is headed. I think this is a train wreck team and staff. Hopefully I am wrong.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Comparing year two-

Kliff started 6-2 turned that is likely to end up finishing up on a 2-6 record. In year two, young Andy Duffrene started 3-3 and finished 8-2.

Kliff is going to get his year 3. I think by half way into next season, it will be clear where this is headed. I think this is a train wreck team and staff. Hopefully I am wrong.

Definitely agree with this.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Comparing year two-

Good post but coaches are graded on the full year. Yes, year 3 is crucial for Kliff.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree that Cliff is not going anywhere but the Big Red need to win next year. Heck we are still alive and we can beat the Rams!