Refs really hurt us today.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arnold was CLEARLY down on the fumble. It was clear as day.

2 of the false start penalties, the defense jumped in the neutral zone and the line moved, which is supposed to be an offsides penalty and it went against us.

D-Hop was grabbed by a defender and he slowed him down so he couldn't catch it.

There were at least 4 drives stalled by the refs today that I can clearly remember.

All of this isn't to say that the Cards would have done anything with those drives, but how bad the refs were was really painful to watch, considering how bad the Cards were as well.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna blame a putrid performance on the refs.

I'm not blaming the loss on the refs, we played really poorly. There were some major calls/drive killers that didn't go our way. We needed them to go our way on a day when we played poorly.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The coaches and players are what hurt us today. This team has no player leadership, I don’t care what they say, there is no Alpha male on this team that puts a line in the sand. This shows up each and every week in penalties, poor fundamentals, blown assignments, and just not being straight up physical enough when it counts.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The coaches and players are what hurt us today. This team has no player leadership, I don’t care what they say, there is no Alpha male on this team that puts a line in the sand. This shows up each and every week in penalties, poor fundamentals, blown assignments, and just not being straight up physical enough when it counts.
So in your opinion, who should be the guy(s) to step up? I get what you are saying.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a bad performance but the ref's miscues were there for the seeing.

I guarantee you if you went to the Niners board you’d have people there saying “we won, but the refs did us no favors!”

why? Because there will always be a subset of fans who choose to take their anger out on someone besides their own team.

it’s laughable to me that this is even a discussion after how atrociously we played against a BAD team missing HALF of its already BAD team.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guarantee you if you went to the Niners board you’d have people there saying “we won, but the refs did us no favors!”

why? Because there will always be a subset of fans who choose to take their anger out on someone besides their own team.

it’s laughable to me that this is even a discussion after how atrociously we played against a BAD team missing HALF of its already BAD team.

I think the refs are bad in a lot of games, but this is the first post I can ever remember making about the refereeing.

You know, it is possible for the Cards to play badly, and the refs called a bad game. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Disagree. The refs were not stellar, but it wasn’t over-officiated like the Dolphins game. Mason Cole as a center earned his two false starts, just like he did last week.

I will say that something that refs need to start doing is not being lazy and relying on replay to bail them out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the refs are bad in a lot of games, but this is the first post I can ever remember making about the refereeing.

You know, it is possible for the Cards to play badly, and the refs called a bad game. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

You know... it is possible to just say Kingsbury didn’t have this team ready to play and they were pathetic today. The refs were the refs. The coach you fluff at every turn fell flat on his face in the biggest game of the season.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know... it is possible to just say Kingsbury didn’t have this team ready to play and they were pathetic today. The refs were the refs. The coach you fluff at every turn fell flat on his face in the biggest game of the season.

Read my first post again.

All of this isn't to say that the Cards would have done anything with those drives, but how bad the refs were was really painful to watch, considering how bad the Cards were as well.

I don't fluff our coach, I 'fluff' our progress.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read my first post again.

I don't fluff our coach, I 'fluff' our progress.

starting an entire thread to bitch about the refs is ridiculous to me. Especially when we’re playing a JV team.

today the calls were no more egregious than any other game. Bitching about them only serves to obfuscate the real problems on this team which you seem to wave away under the guise of “progress” even though as the season has gone forward we’ve REGRESSED in our play.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
starting an entire thread to bitch about the refs is ridiculous to me. Especially when we’re playing a JV team.

today the calls were no more egregious than any other game. Bitching about them only serves to obfuscate the real problems on this team which you seem to wave away under the guise of “progress” even though as the season has gone forward we’ve REGRESSED in our play.

So is trying to bring in the fact that you say that I 'fluff' our coach instead of debating what I actually posted... Argue what I posted or don't.

Trying to not talk about the topic just so you can talk about how bad our coach called the game is ridiculous to me, especially when there are 12 other posts you could have done that in.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

JV team? Get out with that. Like were healthy and superior...its the NFL every W is hard fought. Ask the Rams who took it on the jaw from the Jets

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Every game has some iffy calls, but this pathetic effort falls on all coaches and players, period. Just zero fire and urgency all day.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JV team? Get out with that. Like were healthy and superior...its the NFL every W is hard fought. Ask the Rams who took it on the jaw from the Jets

they had their THIRD STRING QB. A FOURTH STRING RB. MISSING SIX STARTERS ON D.

We lost to a PATHETIC Niners team. We’ve lost to a PATHETIC Lions team. A PATHETIC Panthers team. And a bad Patriots team who PLAYED PATHETIC.

If today was our only loss against a pathetic team, you can bring up the Rams. Or, you can bring up the Rams if we actually made the playoffs once in the last five years. But we haven’t and we haven’t because we REGULARLY LOSE TO
PATHETIC TEAMS.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
they had their THIRD STRING QB. A FOURTH STRING RB. MISSING SIX STARTERS ON D.

We lost to a PATHETIC Niners team. We’ve lost to a PATHETIC Lions team. A PATHETIC Panthers team. And a bad Patriots team who PLAYED PATHETIC.

If today was our only loss against a pathetic team, you can bring up the Rams. Or, you can bring up the Rams if we actually made the playoffs once in the last five years. But we haven’t and we haven’t because we REGULARLY LOSE TO
PATHETIC TEAMS.
Your team has multiple paths to still get in the dance. In 2008 we had many 'pathetic ' losses. Like losing 4 of our last 6...we were called worst division winner ever...but we snuck in and went to the big game. This loss sucks ass just like any other but we still have a damn shot and I'll take it

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are the worst coached team in the NFC west. We are the softest team on both lines of scrimmage by far in the NFC west. We are the most undisciplined team in the NFC west. We are the slowest team at WR, LB, RB in the NFC west.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are the worst coached team in the NFC west. We are the softest team on both lines of scrimmage by far in the NFC west. We are the most undisciplined team in the NFC west. We are the slowest team at WR, LB, RB in the NFC west.

It is hard to argue any of this.

Nobody is saying we don't have work to do. If we can still be sooo flawed and still make the playoffs, that would make a pretty good season considering...

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah just fire everyone and blow it up...Forfeit the game cause you dont think we're good enough...lol this board sometimes

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave