Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 12-26-2020

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Plenty of snaps where Kyler had time and just didn't wait and deliver the ball down the field. If blitzing made it impossible to throw down the field, defenses would not do anything else. Kyler doesn't trust his line and so he unloads the ball faster than he needs to at times.
There were also quite a few plays where kyler was sitting back there with time and couldn’t find anyone. Either kyler can’t read at all, the niners back-up-to-the-backups became all-pros today, or the scheme is so easily identified that no one has a chance to get open. I’m inclined to believe the last. I think kliff has been revealed as chip Kelly.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm sick to my stomach. Besides the terrible on offense, it seemed like Kittle would come in for a snap & get 20 plus yards every single time. Pathetic smh

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get that it sounds gross, but IMO it wouldn't be the worst thing to see what we have with the backup we have on the roster next year.
Just to see if the backup can play nfl football? We talk every week about kylers limited playing background. He needs every live nfl snap he can get.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On those blitzes I rarely see a hot route. One time today I saw a throw into the teeth of the corner blitz. Imo that’s on Kliff & his system
That’s been the case all season. I can’t recall a time where I was like “whoooo! Burned the blitz!!!” Whereas I see teams burning our blitz with some regularity.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s nothing like it. It’s if we have nothing to play for, why risk our QB to injury? He’s had a sprained AC joint, kicker in the shin, and is now hurt again. What were to happen if he tears a ligament and misses almost all of next year because he played a meaningless game. Obviously if Chi loses a game we play to win to make the playoffs, but if not why not?
Because he obviously still needs all the snaps he can get. Every game is an opportunity to learn for him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the only thing Kyler hurt was his pride. That was pathetic soccer style laying on the ground after what wasn’t that big of a hit.
Not to mention he wasn’t writhing in pain until he saw it was incomplete. Until that he was propped on his elbow watching. I’m not saying he wasn’t hurt, but watching the replay it sure looked like a mysterious Rodney dangerfield in caddyshack, “ooh! ooh! My arm!”

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There were also quite a few plays where kyler was sitting back there with time and couldn’t find anyone. Either kyler can’t read at all, the niners back-up-to-the-backups became all-pros today, or the scheme is so easily identified that no one has a chance to get open. I’m inclined to believe the last. I think kliff has been revealed as chip Kelly.
I think Kyler still wants to see it before cutting it loose to guys other than Hop which leads to those situations. That said, Kirk looks worse to me the more I see of him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just to see if the backup can play nfl football? We talk every week about kylers limited playing background. He needs every live nfl snap he can get.
I thought I posted it, but maybe I didn;t. If Kyler can play, he needs to play. If he can't, I will be interested to see Streveler running the offense.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Interior OL is soft, only Hop at WR, third string after with no size/speed combo. No speed or thump at RB. Keim overhauled the defense last year, now it’s time for talent infusion on offense. Both sides of the line of scrimmage needs to get tougher and meaner. This was a playoff game as many players have said for weeks. They utterly failed today. There are certain teams when you watch them play they want to impose their will on the opponent. We are not one of them

waterboy

Rookie
Reaction score
One thing we can definitely say is that we lose every fist fight we are in. Offensively and defensively, this team is super soft. That is the biggest thing that needs to change this offseason.

Describes the Cards for too many years. They play down to the level of their opponent and just do not have a killer instinct. As you say, "this team is super soft".

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Kyler still wants to see it before cutting it loose to guys other than Hop which leads to those situations. That said, Kirk looks worse to me the more I see of him.
Yup. I think Kirk is a fourth wr. We’ve burnt four picks on wrs in back-to-back drafts, including two 2nds and all we have to show for it is a fourth wr. Keim must go.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Describes the Cards for too many years. They play down to the level of their opponent and just do not have a killer instinct. As you say, "this team is super soft".

100% agree, this team is tissue soft. I don’t care what the players say takes place during the week, there is zero leadership when it counts and that’s on Game day.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Except for Nuk our WRs stink! Fits, Kirk, Johnson, Isabella are a dime a dozen wide outs and our TEs suck too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s actually quite hilarious that we’re the only defense to make Tua look great while he has looked ordinary against every other team pretty much. That takes talent.

don’t worry. I’m sure the same will be the same with Jalen Hurts.