We need an overhaul

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopkins stays on the WR core everyone else can go. I’ve seen so much OMG why are we dumping it over the middle post today. You know why? Because nobody is getting any separation nobody is open. That’s 2 dropped touchdowns for Kirk this year in one score games.

Larry Fitzgerald is DONE. Get out of your emotions cause it’s over. You can’t keep paying 11 million a year for that.

we need new guards. How many times are we not going to be able to punch it in from the 1. I swear to god how many damn times is our center gonna false start? You have to the damn ball you are the one snapping it.

Drake can go or he can stay as a back up he’s nice and solid but he isn’t explosive at all. When was the last time we seen Drake break one? I don’t think he has all year long.

the defense is going to get better just for the simple fact your going to add arguably the best pass rusher in football next year when you get Jones back and now it looks like he will finally have guys across from him that can rush the passer to.

I honestly just do not see talent on this offense.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Hopkins stays on the WR core everyone else can go. I’ve seen so much OMG why are we dumping it over the middle post today. You know why? Because nobody is getting any separation nobody is open. That’s 2 dropped touchdowns for Kirk this year in one score games.

Larry Fitzgerald is DONE. Get out of your emotions cause it’s over. You can’t keep paying 11 million a year for that.

we need new guards. How many times are we not going to be able to punch it in from the 1. I swear to god how many damn times is our center gonna false start? You have to the damn ball you are the one snapping it.

Drake can go or he can stay as a back up he’s nice and solid but he isn’t explosive at all. When was the last time we seen Drake break one? I don’t think he has all year long.

the defense is going to get better just for the simple fact your going to add arguably the best pass rusher in football next year when you get Jones back and now it looks like he will finally have guys across from him that can rush the passer to.

Slam dunk post. Krik is looking like a no4 wr. Drake hasn't earning 8+m, ill take fitz back at a reduced salary but we need more wr talent.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You can pay league minimum for Fitz's role in Kingsbury's offensive. With the expected cap reduction it is going to be a buyers market next year. The money saved by not resigning Fitz can go towards desperately needed line help.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What’s the difference between Kirk, Johnson, and Isabella. NOT A THING!! They all make a big play once in a while and then disappear for long stretches. We need a true big speed WR who will be our #2. Right now we have a #1 and a bunch of 4/5’s

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
What’s the difference between Kirk, Johnson, and Isabella. NOT A THING!! They all make a big play once in a while and then disappear for long stretches. We need a true big speed WR who will be our #2. Right now we have a #1 and a bunch of 4/5’s
Yea I'm leaning towards terrace Marshall or te Kyle pitts in the draft

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Can't disagree with you here. We definitely disagree about the need for change at the top--regardless of personnel, KK hasn't been a good HC or OC. Maybe his problem is trying to be both and failing at both at the same time. IDK

At any rate, back to the topic of your post, yeah. Spot on. You certainly keep Larry because he'll be cheap and a helluva good mentor/possession receiver. The team REALLY needs more WR and OL talent on the offense.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just look at this roster and I don’t see the talent on offense I see a lot of solid guys nothing that makes me say wow.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just look at this roster and I don’t see the talent on offense I see a lot of solid guys nothing that makes me say wow.
You don't need to be the Chiefs or the Saints to have a good offense. Even with all of our holes, we are a top 10 offense. We clearly have talent at QB and D-Hop. Very weird to say that we don't have talent on offense... emotions running over due to the bad loss?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hard to argue this though. We needed DK last draft.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't need to be the Chiefs or the Saints to have a good offense. Even with all of our holes, we are a top 10 offense. We clearly have talent at QB and D-Hop. Very weird to say that we don't have talent on offense... emotions running over due to the bad loss?

We have been over achieving. We have guys that can play well in spots but not guys who show up every single week. Kirk has not dropped 2 touchdowns in 2 one score games. That just can’t happen.

drake is solid but he’s a back up.

our offensive line needs a new C and two new guards. We can’t get any push in short yardage.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have been over achieving. We have guys that can play well in spots but not guys who show up every single week. Kirk has not dropped 2 touchdowns in 2 one score games. That just can’t happen.

drake is solid but he’s a back up.

our offensive line needs a new C and two new guards. We can’t get any push in short yardage.

Most guys in the NFL don't show up every week. The ones that do are superstars. We have exactly one of those on our team right now? (D-Hop) and twice this year he hasn't caught a pass in the first half.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most guys in the NFL don't show up every week. The ones that do are superstars. We have exactly one of those on our team right now? (D-Hop) and twice this year he hasn't caught a pass in the first half.

good teams are filled with guys that show up every week. Nobody said those guys were superstars there is a difference between good and average and right now we are average talent wise on offense in my opinion

Murray
DJ
Hopkins

everyone else can be replaced.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good teams are filled with guys that show up every week. Nobody said those guys were superstars there is a difference between good and average and right now we are average talent wise on offense in my opinion

Murray
DJ
Hopkins

everyone else can be replaced.

I disagree, even our pro bowl safety (Baker) has had at least 3 off games that I can remember. Murray has been hot and cold all year long.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree, even our pro bowl safety (Baker) has had at least 3 off games that I can remember. Murray has been hot and cold all year long.

Well I hope we have a “hot and cold” QB for a long time then cause he’s been pretty damn good outside of two games. By the way he’s in his second year

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I hope we have a “hot and cold” QB for a long time then cause he’s been pretty damn good outside of two games. By the way he’s in his second year

Nah. I think he has been absolutely dynamite in about 5 games, poor in about 3-4 games and average the rest.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah. I think he has been absolutely dynamite in about 5 games, poor in about 3-4 games and average the rest.

bud you don’t put up the numbers he’s put up being poor and average in 10 games a season. That’s a ridiculous take.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bud you don’t put up the numbers he’s put up being poor and average in 10 games a season. That’s a ridiculous take.

I disagree. You can put up crazy numbers in a season with the games I have mentioned, or even fewer. Look at Reddick for example.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
@Finito, I probably agree with you the most I ever have in this thread. Fitz can play on the cheap if he'd like to come back, Drake is mediocre and should be replaced for his price tag, and the OL isn't there yet.

I'm a little split on this, only in that you can put up nice numbers and not be a winner. Guys like RG3, Jameis, and Mariota make me concerned he's going to look good and get figured out. But, I think some patience with Kyler will help both him and the fans. QBs are allowed to have bad games, especially early on.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree. You can put up crazy numbers in a season with the games I have mentioned, or even fewer. Look at Reddick for example.

I have lived through Ryan Lindley, Kevin Kolb, Derrick Anderson, Sam Bradford, Josh Rosen, Matt Lienart, John Skelton, Josh McCown, Shaun King, Stoney Case, Kent Graham and Jeff Blake.

and your going to tell me the second year QB we have who is going to end the season with 4000 yards passing, end up just short of 1000 rushing and has accounted for 38 touchdowns against 11 INT’s has been “average to bad” for 10 games this year? Those numbers are historic for a second year QB.

Riiiiight.

I don’t ever remember saying Reddick was great matter fact I’m in record for saying let him walk at the end of the year. Even though he’s having a great year by Redick standards he’s having a below average year compared to Chandler Jones and he’s not going to be worth the money he’s going to ask for.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Keep these 6
Murray (raw talent, needs development)
Hopkins (raw talent, can be even better with K1 development)
Edmunds (effort, plays like he wants it)
Humphries (has improved to be a solid T)
Arnold (has potential)
Fitz (with pay cut, still reliable leader)

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
As bad as I wanted KK to be the next McVay, I’m realizing he isn’t. It doesn’t matter if we want him gone, he’s the AZ coach. Next year will be telling.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree we need a second and third WR. I have seen enough of Kirk and as much as I love Fitz he hurts us at 11M per year. Edmonds is a keeper but I am not a Drake fan. Arnold is fools gold. Like Max Wiiliams but always hurt.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave