Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 12-26-2020

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My biggest disappointment today is the way this team appeared to go through the motions like it was a meaningless game. I can’t wrap my head around it. This single fact is a true reflection on KK and VJ.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler got help but he threw bad balls. Johonson open but throwing to kirk, Hop to low away for 2pt overthrown fitz, overthrown Kirk, Overthrown Johnson ...

Kyler is in his second year and he has a slumpy one but giving him a pass is the wrong thing to do.

Kliff and Kyler will have maybe half a year, but the fans are souring on them, both of them, because you can't go out and play like the crap that they did today. Uninspired football, bad football, no good plays at all and so on.

This is a turning point in the franchise, since, or they can deliver or they will lose big money because many will think twice how to spend the money they have in the next 2 years. A bad product can get you really lowand as soon as fans start to put there money somewhere else (suns or some other team) ... it could go ugly.

I'm not sold on this product yet and there are many thinks that need to change.

The one to DHop bad throw, yes Johnson was open on the deep throw to Kirk. The one to Kirk again that's a TD in the NFL, NFL Wr's catch that ball every week, Kirk dropped it just like he did against NE.

Im not saying he's perfect but the drop by Kirk, multiple drops by Arnold. The inability to run the ball the whole game meaning Kyler had to be the guy running the ball too which puts even more on him. He has to get better absolutely but he's had a very good year and he's a very good player, he needs help. Stop getting false starts, stop dropping passes. We keep putting him in situations where HE has to make a great play to get us out

Beathard didn't make one tough throw in the game they got 21 points off run game and scheme.

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
I bet other NFC playoff teams are bummed after today's game as I'm sure they'd rather play a lock-to-beat Cards team rather than a team like Chicago.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just amazing, CJ Beathard didn't make one difficult throw in the entire game and we lose. They ran so well we couldn't stop it without selling out leading to 3 easy TD throws 2 of them totally uncovered

The INT and the missed 2 were just bad plays by Kyler but he sure didn't get any help today.

Hope he can go next week we're going to need a miracle to beat the Rams and get Chicago to lose
Kyler got help but he threw bad balls. Johonson open but throwing to kirk, Hop to low away for 2pt overthrown fitz, overthrown Kirk, Overthrown Johnson ...

Kyler is in his second year and he has a slumpy one but giving him a pass is the wrong thing to do.

Kliff and Kyler will have maybe half a year, but the fans are souring on them, both of them, because you can't go out and play like the crap that they did today. Uninspired football, bad football, no good plays at all and so on.

This is a turning point in the franchise, since, or they can deliver or they will lose big money because many will think twice how to spend the money they have in the next 2 years. A bad product can get you really lowand as soon as fans start to put there money somewhere else (suns or some other team) ... it could go ugly.

I'm not sold on this product yet and there are many thinks that need to change.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I bet other NFC playoff teams are bummed after today's game as I'm sure they'd rather play a lock-to-beat Cards team rather than a team like Chicago.
Congrats, your troll attempt was more pathetic than the cards performance today. It's takes a special talent, or lack their of to pull that off.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
Congrats, your troll attempt was more pathetic than the cards performance today. It's takes a special talent, or lack their of to pull that off.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Let's stop pretending that there's anything out there that was more pathetic than today's performance.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Omg seriously terrible take this Oline has been ******* awful today!
Plenty of snaps where Kyler had time and just didn't wait and deliver the ball down the field. If blitzing made it impossible to throw down the field, defenses would not do anything else. Kyler doesn't trust his line and so he unloads the ball faster than he needs to at times.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:notworthy: Russ you’re always the voice of reality.

Btw fire Kliff & Vance for this team to stand a chance
The one to DHop bad throw, yes Johnson was open on the deep throw to Kirk. The one to Kirk again that's a TD in the NFL, NFL Wr's catch that ball every week, Kirk dropped it just like he did against NE.

Im not saying he's perfect but the drop by Kirk, multiple drops by Arnold. The inability to run the ball the whole game meaning Kyler had to be the guy running the ball too which puts even more on him. He has to get better absolutely but he's had a very good year and he's a very good player, he needs help. Stop getting false starts, stop dropping passes. We keep putting him in situations where HE has to make a great play to get us out

Beathard didn't make one tough throw in the game they got 21 points off run game and scheme.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plenty of snaps where Kyler had time and just didn't wait and deliver the ball down the field. If blitzing made it impossible to throw down the field, defenses would not do anything else. Kyler doesn't trust his line and so he unloads the ball faster than he needs to at times.

It's Kyler too of course but Kliff has to learn, and he had to know going in with the TE situation this would happen, everytime he went empty backfield they blitzed a DB, usually Williams sometimes the other guy who blitzed on the INT play. Kyler has to adjust to that better but Kliff has to understand it too, if you keep going empty they're going to keep blitzing the DB, you have to do something to take advantage of that.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
On those blitzes I rarely see a hot route. One time today I saw a throw into the teeth of the corner blitz. Imo that’s on Kliff & his system
It's Kyler too of course but Kliff has to learn, and he had to know going in with the TE situation this would happen, everytime he went empty backfield they blitzed a DB, usually Williams sometimes the other guy who blitzed on the INT play. Kyler has to adjust to that better but Kliff has to understand it too, if you keep going empty they're going to keep blitzing the DB, you have to do something to take advantage of that.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I get that it sounds gross, but IMO it wouldn't be the worst thing to see what we have with the backup we have on the roster next year.
I actually wouldn’t mind it if GB rests their starters and CHI wins out. I wouldn’t mind to see if Streveler is a QB or a gadget QB. Kyler has a lot to learn and a true off-season is more productive than a meaningless game against the rams where he could get hurt.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I actually wouldn’t mind it if GB rests their starters and CHI wins out. I wouldn’t mind to see if Streveler is a QB or a gadget QB. Kyler has a lot to learn and a true off-season is more productive than a meaningless game against the rams where he could get hurt.
If Kyler can play, he needs to play. That is important for a QB. That said, if he can't, I will find watching Streveler interesting.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol nothing says winning culture like I'm going to rest our best players because I don't think we can win. :lmao:
It’s nothing like it. It’s if we have nothing to play for, why risk our QB to injury? He’s had a sprained AC joint, kicker in the shin, and is now hurt again. What were to happen if he tears a ligament and misses almost all of next year because he played a meaningless game. Obviously if Chi loses a game we play to win to make the playoffs, but if not why not?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyler can play, he needs to play. That is important for a QB. That said, if he can't, I will find watching Streveler interesting.

the only thing Kyler hurt was his pride. That was pathetic soccer style laying on the ground after what wasn’t that big of a hit.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s nothing like it. It’s if we have nothing to play for, why risk our QB to injury? He’s had a sprained AC joint, kicker in the shin, and is now hurt again. What were to happen if he tears a ligament and misses almost all of next year because he played a meaningless game. Obviously if Chi loses a game we play to win to make the playoffs, but if not why not?

we have to play for a winning record IMO no matter what Chicago does. If Kyler can play of course he plays it would be crazy not to as he is our offense most games! Our run game sucks we have average wrs outside DHop and nothing else and stupid play calling most of the time! But you have to play for the winning record period this team has sucked long enough we can’t afford to take games off.