Does anyone else find it it odd.....

Reaction score
He did not score a TD initially. He was ruled out of bounds when KK did what he did. If it was initially ruled was as TD then I would agree. But he was ruled out of bounds. KK gave him a "nice try kid". Those saying otherwise need to go back and watch it. HE DID NOT CONGRATULATE HIM AFTER A TD. Watch it again.
Kingsbury doesn’t need to congratulate anyone on another team until after the game.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A coach sets a very bad example congratulating another teams player like that.

Put yourself in the Cardinals players shoes.

Players are thinking, I'm backing this guy up, giving my all and he's running down the field right in front of me to congratulate an opposing player after he scores against us?

After the game ok.

During the game never.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
People hate Kliff so much they were criticizing him for complimenting a player on a touchdown that didn’t exist at the time of Kliff’s compliment.

Telling.
Well I would be in the minority then. I actually don't have a problem with KK, but I don't think a coach should be giving out fives or handshakes if it's not pregame or post game.

The only issues I have with KK have to do with situational football, clock and time-out management, and bring stubborn about his play calling. Seems to me he is working on the being stubborn as evidence by moving hop around lately. The other two are learnable traits, and I think he'll get better at both of them as well.

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Situational football is so results-oriented. Kliff has good instincts and balances going for it on 4th with punting/kicking well imo. We have also been near the top in RZ play on both sides of the ball all year. His play calling is obviously very good (nobody is perfect), which is a large part of why our offense is 7th in points per drive. His time management has been a little suspect I suppose, but just last week the clock operator literally burned off the last second, costing us a chance at a field goal to end the half. That wasn’t Kliff’s fault.

Reaction score

Players are thinking, I'm backing this guy up, giving my all and he's running down the field right in front of me to congratulate an opposing player after he scores against us?

After the game ok.

During the game never.
100% agree

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

After the game ok.

During the game never.

But, but, but - he hadn't scored at the point of congratulations!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

After the game ok.

During the game never.

I am really impressed you know what the players are thinking. They either share their inmost thoughts with you or you have a super power. Well done sir.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I haven't changed at all. I still think this is much ado about nothing... Is it a bit weird, a bit. Is it worth taking an extreme take on the issue, nope.
I meant at what speed does kliff making it down the field make a difference to you? You seemed to want to differentiate between him running or walking to congratulate an opponent who scored on us. I don’t see the reasoning therefor.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I meant at what speed does kliff making it down the field make a difference to you? You seemed to want to differentiate between him running or walking to congratulate an opponent who scored on us. I don’t see the reasoning therefor.

OIC. Him running down the field, just to congratulate is much different than him already been down at the 10 or whatever and congratulating him because it was a good play, they have rapport, and he was already there.

I'm also on the side that good sportsmanship is the best way to conduct yourself. Opponents or no. They aren't the enemy, and we aren't at war. After all, this is a game.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OIC. Him running down the field, just to congratulate is much different than him already been down at the 10 or whatever and congratulating him because it was a good play, they have rapport, and he was already there.

I'm also on the side that good sportsmanship is the best way to conduct yourself. Opponents or no. They aren't the enemy, and we aren't at war. After all, this is a game.
Gg

Nice shot!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Situational football is so results-oriented. Kliff has good instincts and balances going for it on 4th with punting/kicking well imo. We have also been near the top in RZ play on both sides of the ball all year. His play calling is obviously very good (nobody is perfect), which is a large part of why our offense is 7th in points per drive. His time management has been a little suspect I suppose, but just last week the clock operator literally burned off the last second, costing us a chance at a field goal to end the half. That wasn’t Kliff’s fault.

Obviously to you. Tell me, how was the play-calling in that 2-minute offense before the half last week? That was "obviously" good play calling?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today is how your team and players respond when they see their HC congratulating and fist bumping the other team for scoring TDs on ya. Wishing them well during a game in which you’re trying to beat them.... :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave