Does anyone else find it it odd.....

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do
He should be focused on winning
Not kissing an opposing players ass
Do you think mike ditka/don shula/vince lombardi would this during a game..
Before ok or after
Not during

You should tag him in a sternly worded Tweet.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Does any one have the all 22 of this play?

@Shane are you sure he ran down to dab Ward or did he run down the sideline to yell at the ref that Ward didn't have two feet down and the pass was incomplete? Then he dabbed ward after the ref gave the incomplete signal.
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone suggest this since you said it. This would make quite a bit of sense as to why he was running down there to begin with. Then just happened give Ward a fist bump afterwards.

Seems like some posters are making a big deal out of something they could very easily be taking out of context..

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like some posters are making a big deal out of something they could very easily be taking out of context..

It was reported by Nate Burleson on good morning football that he walked down the sideline to the endzone to congratulate and "dab" Ward for the play. Its bad form. In the middle of a game celebrating a TD scored against your team. People can disagree thats fine. But its definitely not normal as Krang tired to suggest.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Helping up, yes. Running to the end zone to celebrate, no.

Is there evidence that he actually 'ran?' He did run down to the goal line during a part of the game to call a time out...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was reported by Nate Burleson on good morning football that he walked down the sideline to the endzone to congratulate and "dab" Ward for the play. Its bad form. In the middle of a game celebrating a TD scored against your team. People can disagree thats fine. But its definitely not normal as Krang tired to suggest.

some people are loathe to ever admit they’re wrong.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there evidence that he actually 'ran?' He did run down to the goal line during a part of the game to call a time out...

I don't care if he ran or walked its bad form.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
even so should wait till after the game and congratulate him then imo.... not go all the way down to the end zone to dab the guy Who just scored on your team
Kliff's an odd one. He and the GM should be sent packing

Lockjaw

Reaction score
I really don't understand this thread except to show that there is an awful lot of hatred for Kingsbury on this board. Sure, it was a bit strange to see, so I looked up Ward at halftime to see what kind of connection there was, but the context used to condemn Kingsbury is simply wrong. We don't know why he was down near the end zone. He may have been trying to lobby one of the refs that Ward was out of bounds or simply wanted to see the 3rd and Goal play a bit closer.

The fact, however, is that the pass was ruled incomplete at the time of Kingsbury's interaction with Ward, so Kingsbury thought it was 4th and Goal at the 5 yard line. It was not a scoring play so not subject to an automatic review. Kingsbury didn't know it was going to be reviewed at that time or that Ward was actually in bounds. The suggestion that he was congratulating an opponent for scoring a touchdown is simply wrong.

By the way, if Fitz made a diving catch on an opponents sideline that was ruled incomplete, I wouldn't be shocked to see an opposing coach or player give a tap on the shoulder or helmet of Fitz and tell him that was a great effort.

The fact that the pass was ruled incomplete and brought up 4th down is a very different situation from trying to claim that he was congratulating Ward for scoring a touchdown.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Okay and did KK say that this was the case or are we just to assume that Burleson knows what's going on in Kliff's head?

It also wasn't a TD at the time that he gave him a fist bump. A fact that you continuously want to overlook.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
He did not score a TD initially. He was ruled out of bounds when KK did what he did. If it was initially ruled was as TD then I would agree. But he was ruled out of bounds. KK gave him a "nice try kid". Those saying otherwise need to go back and watch it. HE DID NOT CONGRATULATE HIM AFTER A TD. Watch it again.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm late to the party myself, and I'm all for sportsmanship, but there's a right time and a place. Put a hand out to lift a guy up who just took a big hit? Cool. Go out of your way to congratulate someone for a score against your team? Not cool.

KK wants to be be cool with everyone, and I get that. It makes sense in college. He'll need to shake it a bit.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't understand this thread except to show that there is an awful lot of hatred for Kingsbury on this board. Sure, it was a bit strange to see, so I looked up Ward at halftime to see what kind of connection there was, but the context used to condemn Kingsbury is simply wrong. We don't know why he was down near the end zone. He may have been trying to lobby one of the refs that Ward was out of bounds or simply wanted to see the 3rd and Goal play a bit closer.

The fact, however, is that the pass was ruled incomplete at the time of Kingsbury's interaction with Ward, so Kingsbury thought it was 4th and Goal at the 5 yard line. It was not a scoring play so not subject to an automatic review. Kingsbury didn't know it was going to be reviewed at that time or that Ward was actually in bounds. The suggestion that he was congratulating an opponent for scoring a touchdown is simply wrong.

By the way, if Fitz made a diving catch on an opponents sideline that was ruled incomplete, I wouldn't be shocked to see an opposing coach or player give a tap on the shoulder or helmet of Fitz and tell him that was a great effort.

The fact that the pass was ruled incomplete and brought up 4th down is a very different situation from trying to claim that he was congratulating Ward for scoring a touchdown.

I don't care if Ward used to come over for thanksgiving. You don't congratulate an opposing player in game. Ever.

I don't hate Kliff. I don't want him fired. But Shane is right. It's something you save for post game.

And frankly when I saw it live I thought even Wards body language said "WTF you doing?"

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The polarization on this board is ridiculous. Some hate KK no matter what he does (the Harry’s of the world), some will fluff him for whatever he does (cardcub).

this feels like one of those moments from his fluffers. Congratulating any player on the opposing team that has just scored a TD in a close MUST WIN playoff game just seems stupid and unfocused.

It’s okay to criticize the guy you support every once in a while... same way it’s okay to give credit to a guy you don’t support when it’s merited.

promise doing so won’t kill you.

The call on the field was "out of bounds", which was later reversed.

Ergo: he wasn't congratulating him on scoring a TD at that point.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm late to the party myself, and I'm all for sportsmanship, but there's a right time and a place. Put a hand out to lift a guy up who just took a big hit? Cool. Go out of your way to congratulate someone for a score against your team? Not cool.

KK wants to be be cool with everyone, and I get that. It makes sense in college. He'll need to shake it a bit.

The call was incomplete when he did that. So it cannot be that he congratulated him for a TD.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care if Ward used to come over for thanksgiving. You don't congratulate an opposing player in game. Ever.

Sure you do. KK just did it. His team won. He didn't lose the lockerroom.

What's the consequence? He offended the affinities of some fans? Oh, no! :eek:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You have no idea what players thought. What's the benefits? Why not wait?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you have no idea what the players thought either. What we do know is no player has brought it up.

So, there you go.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:grabs::grabs::grabs::grabs::grabs:

:hanson:

That is what I think about this subject and thread. Merry Christmas everyone!

Oh and we are on the verge of being back in the playoffs and that is the extent to what I am thinking about Cardinal wise right now!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some fans are offended that he is still the coach, so there's that.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
People hate Kliff so much they were criticizing him for complimenting a player on a touchdown that didn’t exist at the time of Kliff’s compliment.

Telling.