Wk 16- SF 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 2020

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also need to move on from Hicks (cut probably).

Only rotation guys we are definitely bringing back are

Allen/Fotu/Phillips/Lawrence
Simmons/Kennard/Gardeck
Budda/Murph/Thompson Twins

Lots of interesting possibilities with Chandler, Reddick, Pat Pete, Hicks. Peters might come back if he decides to play. Campbell probably gone.

We need to tag Patrick, trade Chandler, sign Reddick, cut Hicks, and use two of our first three picks on defense (including the top50 pick that Chandler nets us). Really could pick anywhere, but highest need is Hicks’ replacement (I like Zaven), and then probably Chandler’s replacement (lots of guys to like here, including Azeez). I don’t think we NEED a CB quite yet, with Murphy’s improvement and our option to tag Pat. I also don’t think defensive line is a major issue, but Phillips needs to play a lot better next year; our injury luck was bad this year all across the line.
We need another CB. In fact, we need at least 3-4 guys who can start without embarrassing us.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
49ers rule out Richard Sherman

The 49ers ruled out cornerback Richard Sherman for Saturday’s game against the Cardinals. That means Sherman may have played his final game with the team.

Sherman is scheduled for free agency in March and recently said it’s unlikely he returns to the 49ers.

Sherman missed nine games this season with a calf injury before returning to the lineup to play the past four games.

The 49ers also ruled out quarterback Nick Mullens (right elbow), running back Raheem Mostert (ankle), receiver Deebo Samuel (hamstring) and free safety Jimmie Ward (concussion) from playing against the Cardinals.

Defensive end Dion Jordan (knee) is doubtful.

Center Hroniss Grasu (knee), defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw (knee), safety Tarvarius Moore (knee) and cornerback Emmanuel Moseley (hamstring) are questionable.

C.J. Beathard will make his first start since Week 8 of the 2018 season, replacing Mullens. Mullens had replaced Jimmy Garoppolo.

Mullens is expected to have tight end George Kittle back in the lineup. Kittle has not played since breaking a bone in his foot Nov. 1.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Gardeck being out, we all have to become huge Reddick fans which should not be so hard since the young man has finally come into his own... still can't believe I am pimping the likes of Gardeck and Reddick, but these are facts lol

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does anyone else wish we were facing Nick Mullens?
Shannan recently mentioned that Mullens was better than Beathard thats why he never considered switch before. Also Beathard is like 1 - 9 as starter.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shannan recently mentioned that Mullens was better than Beathard thats why he never considered switch before. Also Beathard is like 1 - 9 as starter.
Except when he faces us.

We have a bad habit of letting subpar QB's look good.

VJ had better have something up his sleeve.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson