Mavericks @ Suns Wednesday game thread 12-23-2020 (Season Opener)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton played a solid second half after doing nada in the first.

good to get wins while this team figures itself out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a moment I thought Brunson with 12 points was going to beat the Suns. He couldn't miss.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As in the bubble, Payne will be the key. If he can at least keep the ship afloat when he’s the primary ball-handler that will go a long way towards success. I worry that no Saric will have significant collateral impact on the team/Payne when Booker and Paul are out.

I would like to see Jevon look to double/crash down on Luka when he starts to move into the paint. Our rotations have to be sound to protect the 3-pt line and Ayton needs to be plugged in to avoid foul trouble and guard against Powell’s rim runs.

led the team +14 in his 20 minutes

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam and Bridges were great. Paul and Booker made some plays when we needed it late. Missed free throws, fouls and turnovers made this game close. Excited for the season !

cam Payne and Langston Galloway were the other two guys who were critical.

we certainly have a lot of room for improvement.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
If CP3, Book and Ayton can all have off nights and we still squeak out the win against a formidable conference opponent, I'm excited to see what we do when the team plays to its full potential.

Also hats off to Bridges, this is the level of improvement you want to see in your young core.

Yeah Bridges looked fantastic. His positive impact on both sides of the floor is what excites me.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
If CP3, Book and Ayton can all have off nights and we still squeak out the win against a formidable conference opponent, I'm excited to see what we do when the team plays to its full potential.

Also hats off to Bridges, this is the level of improvement you want to see in your young core.
Bridges is player of the game in my book. His stats are fine, but what is most impressive is that he full court pressed Luka the ENTIRE game AND still came up big in other areas. He really makes Luka work.

You can tell the Mavs hate Bridges on Luka. They literally screened him off every time in the 2nd half.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

CP3 and Booker may have both just played their worst games of the year. Ayton played just okay. That is enormously encouraging moving forward. Bridges and CamJ both look very promising. Payne looks good. Smith looks decent. Can’t wait until Dario is back.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bridges is player of the game in my book. His stats are fine, but what is most impressive is that he full court pressed Luka the ENTIRE game AND still came up big in other areas. He really makes Luka work.

You can tell the Mavs hate Bridges on Luka. They literally screened him off every time in the 2nd half.

Bridges is largely responsible for the Mavs poor shooting from 3. He kept getting back to Luka before help had to overcommit. Just a damn good player. One of those guys that averages 15 on championship teams.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CamJ driving off the dribble looked very impressive. If he and Bridges can do that, we will be very tough to guard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen Smith gave the Suns some good minutes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media