Josh Rosen - 2021 Season

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
why is it embarrassing? I mean what’s he supposed to say? Well gee golly guys I’m just lucky to be here I guess. Lol oh ok

Last I checked he’s in the NFL and made a few million dollars. How you doing?

Because he said he was better than the 9 players picked before him and he's done very little since being drafted to prove that.

He should've shut up, said that he's going to work his butt off to prove the Cardinals were right in picking him at 10 and leaving it at that. It's not rocket surgery Finito.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because he said he was better than the 9 players picked before him and he's done very little since being drafted to prove that.

He should've shut up, said that he's going to work his butt off to prove the Cardinals were right in picking him at 10 and leaving it at that. It's not rocket surgery Finito.

yes it is not Rocket Surgery at all. You are right sir

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
Wait, I thought he chose the TB practice squad so he could stay out of the spotlight while reuniting with Leftwich and learning under Brady?? What happened?? Was he struggling to learn Tampa's offense? Does Brady plan to play for a few more years?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good luck to him. Always impressed me as a person. Hopefully he gets a chance to make a career.

I could see him being a good fit in Shanahan's scheme.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I need to get a Leinart Jersey, and Rosen Jersey, cut them in have, sew them together, and wear it in shame.

I am not too bad at picking a QB during draft times, but man, I am bad at choose one off the Cardinals roster come training camp.

My logic:

Leinart > Warner

Rosen > Murray

I will stick to the offensive line and linebackers.....lol

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I need to get a Leinart Jersey, and Rosen Jersey, cut them in have, sew them together, and wear it in shame.

I am not too bad at picking a QB during draft times, but man, I am bad at choose one off the Cardinals roster come training camp.

My logic:

Leinart > Warner

Rosen > Murray

You are not alone on this. I thought we had our franchise QBs when we draft Leinart and Rosen. I must have been drinking to much cool-aid.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ah, the Denny Green years. Seems like so long ago now. Perhaps because it is.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Here we ago again, leinart broke rookie records under Denny his first year, I said whisenhunt ruined him and Beanie then and still believe that is the case. Not saying Kurt wasn’t better, because he was! Whis took Denny’s draft talent to the super bowl then completely fell too poo.

I still remember the red and white scrimmage in flagstaff when whiz called back leinart touchdowns to manufacture adversity. Then heaped on the adversity in the media every chance he had, many fans cheered! No other good coach does that to a young quarterback, nothing close to that level, you build confidence you don’t kick him in the nuts every chance you get to manufacture adversity to see how he responds. Then the telling beanie to lie about his injury all rookie season crap.

we seen how he responds it’s predictable, just like the nfl responded to whiz and how he handle his coaching adversity- Next! Steelers made such a great choice to pass on whisenhunt and Grimm and develop Tomlin. I don’t even know folks can argue at this point - it’s in the books.

THESMEL

Reaction score
Here we ago again, leinart broke rookie records under Denny his first year, I said whisenhunt ruined him and Beanie then and still believe that is the case. Not saying Kurt wasn’t better, because he was! Whis took Denny’s draft talent to the super bowl then completely fell too poo.

I still remember the red and white scrimmage in flagstaff when whiz called back leinart touchdowns to manufacture adversity. Then heaped on the adversity in the media every chance he had, many fans cheered! No other good coach does that to a young quarterback, nothing close to that level, you build confidence you don’t kick him in the nuts every chance you get to manufacture adversity to see how he responds. Then the telling beanie to lie about his injury all rookie season crap.

we seen how he responds it’s predictable, just like the nfl responded to whiz and how he handle his coaching adversity- Next! Steelers made such a great choice to pass on whisenhunt and Grimm and develop Tomlin. I don’t even know folks can argue at this point - it’s in the books.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here we ago again, leinart broke rookie records under Denny his first year, I said whisenhunt ruined him and Beanie then and still believe that is the case. Not saying Kurt wasn’t better, because he was! Whis took Denny’s draft talent to the super bowl then completely fell too ****.

whoa. I think you just got triggered.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

My logic:

Leinart > Warner

Rosen > Murray

"Losen," perfect!

THESMEL

Reaction score
Ik
whoa. I think you just got triggered.
I know same thing I said then is the same thing I say now, caught more grief then Larry caught balls! But seen it with my own eyes, everybody defer to experts behind the teams veil and grand schemes, fans are experts on game day, never seen a better all around rb then Leroy Kelly, I was a child but that is my foundational reference. The undefeated dolphins were the better team in that afc championship, and I know exactly why! Their back up qb Morrel! Who started in front of Johnny Unitas and behind bob griese. Teams still win championships with that same game plan, philosophy.

just saying fans have seen as much good, bad and ugly as the media and experts. I know what I know.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Weird because I literally just read that they opened Jimmy G up for practice and were suggesting he might be the backup. I guess they decided against that.

Josh clearly doesn't know that offense and it's totally different than what we ran, what Miami ran or what Tampa Bay ran. All the pre snap motion and all the movement by the QB

But you gotta admit it's the hollywood script

I think they may be finally ready to move on from Jimmy G...Why play him and hurt your draft pick chances and/or give fans a reason to push the franchise to keep him?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
they just signed him because they have 1 QB on the roster right now. They've been pretty clear they're going with Jimmy G, the injury to Mullens may change that in they might take a QB higher because apparently Mullens is having Tommy John surgery so he could miss all next year too.

Josh is not Shanahan's type of QB he likes to roll guys out, boot etc, Josh really doesn't move all that well, he COULD do that but it's not his thing I seriously doubt they'd do that.

Just the other day I watched a video of Peyton Manning explaining pre snap stuff where he was talking up Josh, as a rookie, cerebral guy, great arm, the Cards put so much on his plate for a rookie because they know how smart he is. It's amazing how fast he fell. We clearly saw something in our year with him and Miami clearly did too.

For us he just didn't get better, the OL sucked, we were signing Wr's from Wal Mart to play, but he just never seemed to have the game slow down. Same thing in Miami

If you watch just the highlights of his rookie season, it's a short tape but his arm and the ball he throws is so impressive, but he just never seemed to be able to deal with the pass rush, and the speed of the game. So many pick sixes.

They're starting Beathard, not Jimmy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30583589/san-francisco-49ers-scramble-find-qb-back-cj-beathard

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah sorry I meant they're going with Jimmy as their QB for next year not Sat. There have been some rumors they might cut Jimmy and move on, try to get Darnold if the Jets get Lawrence, or try to move up and get a QB. There's been some talk they like the kid at BYU but it's not clear.

I can see why they might move on, he's hurt too often, and while he's not bad, he's not good enough, he just doesn't take the deep throws and convert enough. In that offense things are so spread out that it's often really easy to get man coverage and get someone open deep, when you do, you have to take it and hit it, he just doesn't do that often enough. Someone like Darnold who can move around and throw the deep ball better would be tempting for them

There's a guy in the bay area who's been saying for weeks don't be surprised if next year Darnold is the 49ers QB and Jimmy is back in New England.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Yeah sorry I meant they're going with Jimmy as their QB for next year not Sat. There have been some rumors they might cut Jimmy and move on, try to get Darnold if the Jets get Lawrence, or try to move up and get a QB. There's been some talk they like the kid at BYU but it's not clear.

I can see why they might move on, he's hurt too often, and while he's not bad, he's not good enough, he just doesn't take the deep throws and convert enough. In that offense things are so spread out that it's often really easy to get man coverage and get someone open deep, when you do, you have to take it and hit it, he just doesn't do that often enough. Someone like Darnold who can move around and throw the deep ball better would be tempting for them

There's a guy in the bay area who's been saying for weeks don't be surprised if next year Darnold is the 49ers QB and Jimmy is back in New England.

Shanny loves Kirk Cousins...Don't be shocked if they do what's needed to pry him from Minny.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shanny loves Kirk Cousins...Don't be shocked if they do what's needed to pry him from Minny.

Yeah that rumor has been there too as you said they have a past connection. I would be surprised if the Vikings don't keep him but you never know. I just googled it and found speculation he'll end up a 49er and the Vikings would go after Darnold or Carson Wentz.

Wentz might be a good fit there they run the ball really well so he won't be hit so often and might recover, right now he just looks shook from too many hits.

For me Cousins has had a pretty good year, he's overpaid but it might be one of those you don't appreciate until he's gone scenarios. I guess they moved Diggs to save money and it actually worked out they used the pick to get Jefferson who's been terrific.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really hope rosen finds succeeds in nfl feel like he didn't get a full opportunity in Arizona

Maube he can becomes a qb coach if doesn't make as a player i like his personality

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose