Gardeck injury

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't want more than 2 or 3 defenders AT MOST defending hail mary passes or everyone gets in each other's way. Not making excuses for PP, but this one is weak. Talk about his PIs all you want, but this is scraping the barrel.

So u are pretty sure he wasn't involved there just to make the life easier for his fellows

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He reminds me a lot of Zach Thomas, dare I say a Texas Tech boy. The guy is everything you want in a football player and more athletic than people give him credit for. We really really really need to get him and Reddick secured. You bet I want Chandler back but those two guys have become major factors. Really, be it they are performing or actually Vance is doing a better job than we give him credit for, but you simply do let those guys leave the building now

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So u are pretty sure he wasn't involved there just to make the life easier for his fellows

We have no idea... that's what makes it weak. PP loves to high point balls. He has done it his entire career.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He reminds me a lot of Zach Thomas, dare I say a Texas Tech boy. The guy is everything you want in a football player and more athletic than people give him credit for. We really really really need to get him and Reddick secured. You bet I want Chandler back but those two guys have become major factors. Really, be it they are performing or actually Vance is doing a better job than we give him credit for, but you simply do let those guys leave the building now

Thomas was a great, maybe HOF MLB. Gardeck is a terrible one. Not sure this comparison works for me.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thomas was a great, maybe HOF MLB. Gardeck is a terrible one. Not sure this comparison works for me.
Different football and different position
Gardeck doesn't have the football IQ of Thomas and his instict but athletically is in another level
I don't know how a player like Thomas would perform in nowadays football

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Where are these good corners coming from? I’d rather keep Pat and Dre (at reasonable cost, maybe a bit more than this year, like 1.5ish).

This is facts. The CB play has been one of the few things I can find fault in with this team. Dre has been an absolute steal, and has played with fire and effort. (save the dumb play against Sea)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is facts. The CB play has been one of the few things I can find fault in with this team. Dre has been an absolute steal, and has played with fire and effort. (save the dumb play against Sea)
I think the point is that what Kirkpatrick and Peterson are giving us are relatively cheap and easy to find in the offseason. You may not get a player as good as Peterson, but you are getting one who isn't far from his ability at half the price if not greater. Take that savings and apply it to a younger impact player or multiple players.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do we even know what happened to Gardeck? Knee contusion, sprain...?!

Ps: the man deserves a nickname

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the point is that what Kirkpatrick and Peterson are giving us are relatively cheap and easy to find in the offseason. You may not get a player as good as Peterson, but you are getting one who isn't far from his ability at half the price if not greater. Take that savings and apply it to a younger impact player or multiple players.

100% this.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We don't have the best luck drafting corners. Every team always want more CBs and edge rushers no matter how any they have. They aren't easy to replace. Look how many we tried to sign already, even if they are retreads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose