Next weeks game....On Prime only?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was always illegal? But I just thought these streams are overseas and they wouldn't fall under US law. Now if they come after the consumer that's another issue, but I would think they got bigger fish to fry then coming after a dude watching a football game.

It was always illegal, this makes it a felony and the way the original bill was written(Thom Tillis) made it a felony both for the streamer and the watcher. I suspect it's being tacked into the Covid stimulus because they're claiming during the pandemic lots of people were illegally streaming movies and later NFL games? I think it connects to the idea the NFL is going that way with Sunday Ticket though. They were probably being nice during Covid but apparently if they keep that in the bill, it will be a felony and sites like crackstreams will be gone.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was always illegal, this makes it a felony and the way the original bill was written(Thom Tillis) made it a felony both for the streamer and the watcher. I suspect it's being tacked into the Covid stimulus because they're claiming during the pandemic lots of people were illegally streaming movies and later NFL games? I think it connects to the idea the NFL is going that way with Sunday Ticket though. They were probably being nice during Covid but apparently if they keep that in the bill, it will be a felony and sites like crackstreams will be gone.

FYI I did find something on Tech Hub that says it's not clear which version of Tillis' bill was included, the original one made it a felony for users, the amended one made it a felony if done for commercial gain so users, the guy at home, would NOT be guilty of a felony.

His bill says up to 10 years in jail and I forget the fine.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

If someone were unable to tune into a certain game that they really wanted to see, I would never recommend they go to LiveTotal Sports online and watch all NFL games streaming live. That would be wrong, very very bad.

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
FYI I did find something on Tech Hub that says it's not clear which version of Tillis' bill was included, the original one made it a felony for users, the amended one made it a felony if done for commercial gain so users, the guy at home, would NOT be guilty of a felony.

His bill says up to 10 years in jail and I forget the fine.

They really needed to leave that out of the stimulus bill. I watch and chat in a lot of Twitch and YouTube live streams now for entertainment instead of TV. There's a bunch of concern now that people streaming on those platforms could get hit with felonies for having some music, game, or something playing if they're doing reviews or even in the background. The fear is that it could be used at a weapon against people that go against something like what they've been currently doing with DMCA takedowns. Someone gives you a bad review, hit them with a takedown so that the video and possibly channel get suspended.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
So I went & used a Amzn Prime login provided by a relative, hooked a laptop up to our TV, and lo and behold, it worked! So it appears I WILL get to see the game after all! :clapping:

I'm still not happy that's it's not on Sunday Ticket tho'! :D

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Prime is like a hundred bucks a year.. dirt cheap imo. My wife buys tons of stuff online from Amazon. I get that money back in shipping charges in a month.
Wife loves to make me order cause I got Prime for the free shipping as well. Im starting to think its probably more because I know better to ask to be paid back for the purchases :p

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
According to NFLN schedule, Cardinals game will be rebroadcast at 1am (eastern) on Sunday morning
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
It sucks that in order to watch this game, I have to sign up for a Prime membership...and then I get to watch it on a freaking computer, and not our regular TV. @(#(*#^#&!^#!_!!!!! Geez, I HATE, HATE, HATE Amazon, and everything they stand for!!!

And to pay almost $300 for Sunday Ticket, SPECIFICALLY to watch the Cards, and now to have a game NOT available to watch without signing up for a crap streaming service I have ZERO interest in....well, needless to say I'm rather angry.

:nono:
I ve had direct tv and the sunday nfl ticket for years...
A friend of mine told me, he called and got the nfl ticket for free this year
So I called direct tv and i got the same.