OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? Fitz has always had stellar sportsmanship towards opponents for his entire career and we love him for it.

Fitz has never ran down the sideline to go congratulate an opponent for scoring a touchdown on them in a close game... NEVER NOT once. Not even in a blow out for that matter... lol

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Why? Fitz has always had stellar sportsmanship towards opponents for his entire career and we love him for it.
Even Peterson and Hopkins are dapping opponents and giving them compliments throughout the game. I'm sure there are some players that are hardcore about seeing the opposition as the enemy, but I think most players have some sort of understanding that it's just a game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz has never ran down the sideline to go congratulate an opponent for scoring a touchdown on them in a close game... NEVER NOT once.
Rather specific I guess. LOL.

Really weird thing to get worked up about, especially when we won.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure due to KW history with the Steeler organization that after Harrison’s TD int return at half KW ran down to congratulate him prior to heading into the locker room. Oh and of course running to Santonio Holmes and dabbing him after catching the game winning TD... because ya know history and sportsmanship. Lol....

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agreed during the games he's the enemy. Do that stuff before and after the game.

Exactly. I don't care if it's the freaking Pope and he just cured your son of cancer. If he catches a TD against us, you don't freaking run down the sideline to congratulate him. Keep it to before and after the game and (try) to kick your play calling into gear, son.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
mean have you ever seen it done before? Staying in your spot where you belong as a head coach and not walking all the way down to the EZ to dab a member of the other team who just scored on you isn’t being a dick... lol

Well, I think KK was already down in that area, near the LOS, so it's not like he ran endzone to endzone...but more to your point, you see opposing player make great plays, going out of bounds into the other teams sideline all the time and coaches help them up, slap their butts, whatever and congratulate them. Really much ado about nothing, regardless of any previous relationship, IMO.

Stout

Reaction score

This is NOT a question of sportsmanship. Quite the reverse--why aren't you WORKING, KK, instead of wasting time congratulating the opponent for laying one on you. I mean, this is a just plain dumb move.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I think KK was already down in that area, near the LOS, so it's not like he ran endzone to endzone...but more to your point, you see opposing player make great plays, going out of bounds into the other teams sideline all the time and coaches help them up, slap their butts, whatever and congratulate them. Really much ado about nothing, regardless of any previous relationship, IMO.

not really the same but ummm ok

Stout

Reaction score
I’m sure due to KW history with the Steeler organization that after Harrison’s TD int return at half KW ran down to congratulate him prior to heading into the locker room. Oh and of course running to Santonio Holmes and dabbing him after catching the game winning TD... because ya know history and sportsmanship. Lol....

I'm right there with you, Shane. It's a stupid thing for an offensive coordinator--sorry, a "head coach"--to do.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The polarization on this board is ridiculous. Some hate KK no matter what he does (the Harry’s of the world), some will fluff him for whatever he does (cardcub).

this feels like one of those moments from his fluffers. Congratulating any player on the opposing team that has just scored a TD in a close MUST WIN playoff game just seems stupid and unfocused.

It’s okay to criticize the guy you support every once in a while... same way it’s okay to give credit to a guy you don’t support when it’s merited.

promise doing so won’t kill you.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
PS: Ward looks to be a FA soon...Good to keep him on the radar. He'd be a good get, to go with Hop and Kirk...much better than AI...similar size and stature as Kirk and similar stats, too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not really the same but ummm ok

also, you just don’t see teams CONGRATULATE opposing players on their sidelines after making a great play. Sure, they might help them up off the ground, but there’s no congrats during the heat of battle, especially in a close game.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
not really sure that matters when it’s a guaranteed review.... but ok
Because it was before the review that reversed it. I thought nothing of it. There was a lot more important things going on in that game. Just my opinion.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because it was before the review that reversed it. I thought nothing of it. There was a lot more important things going on in that game. Just my opinion.

I think that’s the point. With much more
Important things going on in that game shouldn’t our HC, who had just seen his team completely blow a 16-0 lead be focused on the Cardinals rather than celebrating a great play or even attempt by the Eagles?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The polarization on this board is ridiculous. Some hate KK no matter what he does (the Harry’s of the world), some will fluff him for whatever he does (cardcub).

this feels like one of those moments from his fluffers. Congratulating any player on the opposing team that has just scored a TD in a close MUST WIN playoff game just seems stupid and unfocused.

It’s okay to criticize the guy you support every once in a while... same way it’s okay to give credit to a guy you don’t support when it’s merited.

promise doing so won’t kill you.
Perfect

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Inappropriate in my opinion. It could have waited until after the game. As a player what would you think if you saw your HC congratulate an opposing team's player for scoring against us. I would be, What the hell was that?

It's a competition at the highest level. You may be brothers, but during those 60 minutes, you are now my opponent who is trying to beat me.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inappropriate in my opinion. It could have waited until after the game. As a player what would you think if you saw your HC congratulate an opposing team's player for scoring against us. I would be, What the hell was that?

It's a competition at the highest level. You may be brothers, but during those 60 minutes, you are now my opponent who is trying to beat me.
Well said

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

It one thing to see a player give a five to another player. They're all in the same union and all understand the rigors it takes on your body to play this game

How do you feel seeing your coach do that if you're the DB that just got toasted for a TD. Not good for the locker room. IMO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA