On D Hop's first fumble

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said he had the wrong gloves on. They gave him 4X, he wears 5X. He said I knew as soon as I lost the ball I had the wrong gloves on. I don't know why I put them on they know I wear 5X but after the fumble I went to the sideline and changed gloves. of course he fumbled again later on but we got it back.

His hands are amazing and the feet on the sideline. He also looked faster in this game, showed an extra gear a couple of times after the catch.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know about a second gear. But he is so awesome at everything else not sure it matters. He’s def no burner.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said he had the wrong gloves on. They gave him 4X, he wears 5X. He said I knew as soon as I lost the ball I had the wrong gloves on. I don't know why I put them on they know I wear 5X but after the fumble I went to the sideline and changed gloves. of course he fumbled again later on but we got it back.
Do you think he was being serious? I thought he was kidding. I know he has big hands but does he really wear 5XL gloves?!? Is there even such a size?

Why WOULD he put on gloves that are too small?? I can't imagine he gets his gloves seconds before going out on the field and has no opportunity to switch to the right size. Plus, as we learned from O.J., if gloves are one size too small, you CANNOT put them on! :D

...dbs

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Do you think he was being serious? I thought he was kidding. I know he has big hands but does he really wear 5XL gloves?!? Is there even such a size?

Why WOULD he put on gloves that are too small?? I can't imagine he gets his gloves seconds before going out on the field and has no opportunity to switch to the right size. Plus, as we learned from O.J., if gloves are one size too small, you CANNOT put them on! :D

...dbs
I agree. He has fun with some of his answers. For instance, after the catch against the Bills he said “It was just a better catch by I”. He has is a bit of a character.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

...dbs
Hell, I thought there was only small, medium & large lol? That's all I see when I buy work gloves anyway.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

His hands are amazing and the feet on the sideline. He also looked faster in this game, showed an extra gear a couple of times after the catch.
He slammed his helmet first before taking off the gloves. He was pissed. So was I lol. I'm not sure it was the gloves, imo the DB just punched the ball at the perfect time, a split second before he secured it.

On his long reception, had he cut back inside before going to the sideline I think he could've gotten another 10 yards at least? He said it was the 4th quarter & his legs got heavy on that long run after the catch.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As my good friend Johnny Cocktoasten once said, if the gloves don't fit, you must not fumble it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson