Filling the 15th Roster Spot

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was impressed that the Lakers center tried to back down Stix and was not able to do it. So maybe he has that Bo Outlaw strength?

Smith is pretty built already. I’m not sure on his measurements though, height and reach, on how true they are.

Jones can jump with the best of them. He even got a lob and foul on Davis

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was impressed that the Lakers center tried to back down Stix and was not able to do it. So maybe he has that Bo Outlaw strength?

Smith is pretty built already. I’m not sure on his measurements though, height and reach, on how true they are.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Upper body, yes, but Smith has no lower body strength or bulk.

As for Jones, his problem is lack of coordination, not lack of athleticism.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Doesn't surprise me. Familiar with the system and can shoot/score. Unfortunately still can't rebound or defend, and definitely can't protect the rim.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing Frank was signed to the veteran's minimum which should be $1,882,867 for a five year veteran.

If so this is an excellent signing still leaving the Suns with the bi-annual exception.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

notdeadyet

Reaction score
With Saric out for a while, it made sense to bring him back, as he knows the system. And, no doubt a lot cheaper on a new contract.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Frank but they could have done worse. He has NBA experience and was part of the squad last year. Now I hope they get a big for the other two-way spot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Frank but they could have done worse. He has NBA experience and was part of the squad last year. Now I hope they get a big for the other two-way spot.

There are some big men I like better than Frank but he is a nice compromise with the season ready to start. If the Suns had used the bi-annual exception on him I would feel differently.

Now if the opportunity arises, they might be able to waive or trade someone and improve the team later in the season with another move.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Okay with frank as a plug and play bc he knows the offense and defense already and with saric out need a guy to play immediately.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So JJ let Frank walk, and we got him back almost 10 million cheaper? No kudos for JJ on that move?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So JJ let Frank walk, and we got him back almost 10 million cheaper? No kudos for JJ on that move?

The Suns would have only paid Frank $5 million this season on the final year of his contract if they kept him.

The savings is approximately: $5 million less $1,882,867 (minimum) equals $3+ million savings.

Pocket money for us. :wink2:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns would have only paid Frank $5 million this season on the final year of his contract if they kept him.

The savings is approximately: $5 million less $1,882,867 (minimum) equals $3+ million savings.

Pocket money for us. :wink2:
Still a good job, he should be given kudos for! A lot of people count everything he does wrong!!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has got to be a little rough for Kaminsky, to leave the suns, spend all preseason with the kings, and now back to the suns.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Still a good job, he should be given kudos for! A lot of people count everything he does wrong!!

Except that the only reason Kaminsky is back is that Saric was more seriously injured than Jones let on, and the Suns would have already had a far more capable replacement on board with a training camp in hand here had Jones been more proactive in accounting for the seriousness of Saric's injury.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has got to be a little rough for Kaminsky, to leave the suns, spend all preseason with the kings, and now back to the suns.

Life can't be fun moving from team to team but I bet Frank is glad to be backed where he is liked by management and players.

Now he gets to use the new training facility and renovated arena.

At least Frank is not going to an unknown team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If Phoenix rises from the ashes and makes the playoffs with his moves, James Jones will get tons of praise.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker with some nice words about Frank Kaminsky.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson