TV announcers

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A million times better than stuffed corporate garbage. Very perceptive and good energy. I majored in English, so I know a bit of what I speak, and commentary of a live sporting event isn’t a term paper or a newspaper article. Caring about the man’s grammar in this context suggests some other likely hang-ups, but I digress.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Talib. I don't mind someone being different. And I can't remember another CB color guy who had good insight on the defensive side of the passing game for a change of pace.

It also made me realize that we're not as bad at reading defenses as I had assumed. Multiple times he said cover 2 run up the middle should be there and we did, or it's man on the outside go to Hopkins and we did. It made me feel a bit better rather than thinking we were misreading defenses all the time.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Talib's best line after a Hopkins catch, "Hop doin what Hop do".

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
He’s been right on and clearly did some research before going on. Poor speaker but he knows what he’s talking about. I’ve watched too many cards games with color guys who clearly have never watched a game

+1

I guess being from the NYC-Philly area makes it easier for me to understand him clear as day.

I liked him as the color guy, very informative and gave quick analysis.

.....we have had MUCH worse from FOX.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a hard time hearing the announcers with that atrocious piped in crowd noise. My hearing aids (yes, I am old) just pick up the roar that driowns out a lot of what they say. But what I heard Talib knows his stuff. The “mans” are a bit much but that doesn’t put me off too much. Not the worst crew the Cards have had IMO.

Last edited:

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Man, I'm hopin' Talib does our game on Sat, man...man, it would be key, man.

No seriously, I really liked his take, and how he explained the more technical stuff and not "breaking down" the painfully obvious like most color analysts do.

More Talib!! :rockon: