OP
OP
TheCardinal

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Interestingly, the Rams' only path to MISS the playoffs would be for:

LAR with 2 losses (9-7)
TB wins at least once (at least 10 wins)
CHI wins both games (9-7)
ARI finishes EXACTLY at 9-7 with loss to SF and win to LAR

With the 9-7 tie (CHI/ARI/LAR), we would be ahead of the Rams, covering them up. We would then lose the tie-breaker to CHI giving them the 6-seed, then take the 7-seed for ourselves, leaving the Rams out. However, if we were to beat SF and go 10-6, the final wild-card would go to LAR over CHI on H2H.

Not yet confirmed, but I suspect the Rams would clinch the playoffs if we BEAT the 49ers next week, among other possibilities.

OP
OP
TheCardinal

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Or, GB can lose to Tenn. Right?

Yes. The tie-breakers actually get a bit messy should GB lose to TEN, but YES, that is the bottom line.

Green Bay loss OR Seattle win, in Week 16, to force an effort by GB in Week 17.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. The tie-breakers actually get a bit messy should GB lose to TEN, but YES, that is the bottom line.

I like Tennessee's chances to win that game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man we need that bad. I don’t see any way we beat the Rams and I just want to extend football with juice for as long as we can living through this crap storm in the world.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It sure does appear to me that the only way we get into the playoffs is to win out & finish 10-6.

Let’s be real about this. The Jags aren’t beating the Bears & have no interest in competing with anyone now, which puts the Bears at 8 wins. The Packers are most likely going to have to lose to Tennessee next Sunday night to avoid a week 17 game against the Bears that means nothing to them.

just my 2 cents on what we're in for. A tough task imo. Let’s beat the Niners because they’re still scraping their asses off & playing hard

As Russ said a few weeks back, this season sure does feel like 1984 all over again. I sure don’t hope our season comes down to a long FG because I have no confidence in Nugent making anything over 40 yards. Hope Neil O’SHANKOGHUE doesn’t tear its ugly head once again lol

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s actually terrifying to know Chicago holds all tie breakers over us. That means even if we can find a way to win against the 9ers (Division games are NEVER easy) We will likely new going into the Rams game with a must win mentality.

Buckybird

Reaction score
The Saints have no gimmies against the Vikes. Let’s hope they win.

Most likely the Cards will have to win out. Ugh. The Lambs losing to the Jets didn’t help our cause
We may have to win out. Chicago goes to Jax and should win. The upside is the saints should win next week meaning the pack would want to win in the last game against the bears to get the lone bye in the nfc.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sure does appear to me that the only way we get into the playoffs is to win out & finish 10-6.

Let’s be real about this. The Jags aren’t beating the Bears & have no interest in competing with anyone now, which puts the Bears at 8 wins. The Packers are most likely going to have to lose to Tennessee next Sunday night to avoid a week 17 game against the Bears that means nothing to them.

just my 2 cents on what we're in for. A tough task imo. Let’s beat the Niners because they’re still scraping their asses off & playing hard

As Russ said a few weeks back, this season sure does feel like 1984 all over again. I sure don’t hope our season comes down to a long FG because I have no confidence in Nugent making anything over 40 yards. Hope Neil O’SHANKOGHUE doesn’t tear its ugly head once again lol
Such weird timing to say this when the hapless Jets went into LA & beat the Rams.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The Saints have no gimmies against the Vikes. Let’s hope they win.

Most likely the Cards will have to win out. Ugh. The Lambs losing to the Jets didn’t help our cause
My neighbor a Bear's fan says they can lose to anyone. We'll see.

OP
OP
TheCardinal

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Also:

If the Cardinals win out to go 10-6, we’d be no worse than the 6-seed, catching either LA or SEA for second-place in the West. If TB then loses at least once, we’d be the 5-seed (or could instead still catch New Orleans as a wild-card, though that is a longer-shot).

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
let me see if i got this right-

Cardinal Fan Rooting Interests next week in order of importance:

obvs: Cards over SF

then:

JAX over CHI

then:

NO over MIN
DET over TB
TEN over GB

LA over SEA

i think that last one can go either way, but if the Cards need to beat the Rams the final week, then i want LA coming off a win with the playoffs clinched

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I posted this on a thread Sunday. If the Pack wins next week, they will likely rest their best players against the Bears. That means the Bears likely win out. The only way the Cards make the playoffs is to win out themselves, which means beating the Rams. Since the Cards look like they bring a knife to a gunfight every time they play the Rams, things don’t look good. It also concerns me that the Cards might look ahead to that game and get knocked off by the Niners. The Cards will need to up their game if they’re going to extend their season.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Exactly what I said last night. It’s going to be a tough road.

Oh, how those 3 games we could’ve won come back to haunt us. The Pats game, clearly sticks in my gut. Ugh. No way we should’ve lost that game:bang:

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ1

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if NO and/or SEA wins next week

GB cant afford to lose against CHI because they would lose the playoff bye

Reaction score
if NO and/or SEA wins next week

GB cant afford to lose against CHI because they would lose the playoff bye

Correct... There could be more to it, but I believe it boils down to this:

Packers Win Conference and Bye:
GB Beats Ten
GB Beats Chi

Saints Win Conference and Bye:
Saints Beat Min
Saints Beat Car
GB Loses to one of Ten or Chi

Seahawks Win Conference and Bye:
Seahawks Beat Rams
Seahawks Beat SF
Saints Lose to one of Min or Car
Packers Lose to one of Ten or Chi

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Correct... There could be more to it, but I believe it boils down to this:

Packers Win Conference and Bye:
GB Beats Ten
GB Beats Chi

Saints Win Conference and Bye:
Saints Beat Min
Saints Beat Car
GB Loses to one of Ten or Chi

Seahawks Win Conference and Bye:
Seahawks Beat Rams
Seahawks Beat SF
Saints Lose to one of Min or Car
Packers Lose to one of Ten or Chi

Correct. We are all Saints fans on Christmas! As long as Nola wins Friday, the Packers have to try to beat the Bears in Week17. We are still in good shape.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson