3rd & 29 ?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wanted to throw my phone but I needed it to watch the game cause of being at work lol. I just knew they were gonna get a first down on 4th & 6. 3rd down defense was absolutely horrible today. Lots of situations to bring more pressure on 3rd & long all day but VJ didn't at key times. Game was a hell of a lot closer than it needed to be. Our red zone turnovers caused that.

Reactions: PJ1

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We gave up 6 points in the 2nd half. We won. VJ has this defense overachieving.

Yes, the 3rd and 29 scenario was a ******.

It is refreshing to see a Cards team win in spite of mistakes. Our history does not show a whole lot of that.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am conditioned to not count on the D. The situation doesn't matter and never really has. They will bring you down quickly if you are feeling good watching the game.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not defending Vance but Kirkpatrick got owned on that play. Our secondary looked bad all game

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I trust the offense more than defense. The D scheme and players are meh. Next year also D will be super meh as I fully expect VJ to be back.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I trust the offense more than defense. The D scheme and players are meh. Next year also D will be super meh as I fully expect VJ to be back.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

How, KK is a playcalling idiot that never does anything right.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The defense has been better, except on 3rd down. Which is kinda crucial.

If we could play as well on 3rd down as we do on others we might be good.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And still allowed a 1st down ? Remarkable
Is it just me or do Cardinals’ defenses do this a lot? It seems like I see this every year we play Wilson and the Seahawks.

It’s so frustrating seeing the opponent convert on 3rd and long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i would love for someone with some expertise break down the all-22 on WR screens for the AZ defense and explain whats breaking down

i watch a lot of NFL football, and I see WR screens go for 3, 7, 10 yards. Yet the Cards give up 20 yarders with some regularity

i suspect it might have to do with PP and Dre not being the most physical corners at the point of attack, but there has to be more to this

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
i would love for someone with some expertise break down the all-22 on WR screens for the AZ defense and explain whats breaking down

i watch a lot of NFL football, and I see WR screens go for 3, 7, 10 yards. Yet the Cards give up 20 yarders with some regularity

i suspect it might have to do with PP and Dre not being the most physical corners at the point of attack, but there has to be more to this
Too much time is required to do that but I can tell you they constantly fail to turn the ball carrier inside. On any outside play you want to force the play back towards the majority of the defense. Instead opposing teams wall off the sideline and defenders have trouble getting to the ball.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Too much time is required to do that but I can tell you they constantly fail to turn the ball carrier inside. On any outside play you want to force the play back towards the majority of the defense. Instead opposing teams wall off the sideline and defenders have trouble getting to the ball.
Simmons showed his inexperience as a LB by failing to do that on the TD. Growing pains but he did a good job later in the game holding the edge so he is learning.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons showed his inexperience as a LB by failing to do that on the TD. Growing pains but he did a good job later in the game holding the edge so he is learning.

Dre showed his inexperience by not forcing him back inside on the 3rd and 29 play so that they could have gained 24 instead of about 8-10.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA